BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-15-2013, 01:32 PM   #407
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forty5th View Post
I'm glad it's a major departure. I'm glad the new Stingray is far from retro. And I'm glad it's more exotic-like and will likely have a global appeal, not simply penned to please the purists. IMO change is good for the Vette so it's about time. GM thought outside-the-box. Kudos. I'd certainly seriously consider one once those ADMs subside... likely in 2014.
I agree! This is how I feel about it. The 4th Gen Camaro died because sales sucked because the design though tit was better in the end IMO it just was not radical enough. The 5th Gen blew up in sales because it was so different from the 4th Gen. This new Vette needed to be drastically different to continue to compete IMO>
Old 01-15-2013, 01:36 PM   #408
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I love the Corvette too, and to me this new Corvette is as fresh and exciting as the 63 Split Window Coupe was. I did own a 65 Stingray in the 70's and this one is just as much a Corvette as that one was.
I'm glad you like it just as the majority seem to on here. GM needs to have a winner here. I want to like it ,but the back side is just to much for me. It looks like something Hot Wheels Designed. I'm hoping that when I see a real one in front of me that it changes my mind. All I know is from the very first glimpse of the Camaro, I was sold.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:39 PM   #409
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
I keep hearing this Kansas song in my head... not sure how your hearing is...
My hearing sucks. To many years of guns, loud music and loud cars.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:42 PM   #410
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I'm glad you like it just as the majority seem to on here. GM needs to have a winner here. I want to like it ,but the back side is just to much for me. It looks like something Hot Wheels Designed. I'm hoping that when I see a real one in front of me that it changes my mind. All I know is from the very first glimpse of the Camaro, I was sold.
I can tell you why I was sold on the 5th gen Camaro, because it brought back so many memories to me of the 69 SS I came so close to owning but it slipped through my fingers. I always regretted not being able to buy it. As soon as I saw the new Camaro I knew it was on my next car list.

I was never really a fan of the C1 Vette, but the first day I saw a C2 at 9 years old I knew I wanted one..10 years later I had one. If I could afford to keep my Camaro and buy a C7 I probably would. But since I am retired on a fixed income now it is beyond my wildest dreams...

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 01-15-2013 at 01:58 PM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:49 PM   #411
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Different strokes for different folks. Can't please these purists no matter what. Let them be... in denial, in refusal, in discontent, in dissatisfaction, whatever, etc. Chances are there will be more likes than dislikes on the new Stingray anyway.

If you like it then that's what counts, and if you dislike it then that's respected as well as your personal choice. One thing for sure, I love looking at this pic below over and over... because it pays homage to the past while boldly embracing/changing (and challenging) its future. Like many and I have said, change is good for the new vette. The Vette's major milestone is .

Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:50 PM   #412
Frojas3440
Yogi

Drives: Cyber Gray 2SS/RS
I never used to like Corvettes but this car right here is just a thing of beauty!!! Im speechless!!!
Frojas3440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:55 PM   #413
Stingray
just can't get enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frojas3440 View Post
I never used to like Corvettes but this car right here is just a thing of beauty!!! Im speechless!!!
Completely agree. Breaks the Vette out of its motorhead, gearhead, or rich old man mentality. Worldwide appeal is GM's approach. For many purists lost, there will be tenfold more admirers gained. I think it's a good move. Times change. Look at what Porsche did when they transitioned from air-cooled to water-cooled. That was a huge debate. At least now the new Vette is different, for the better.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:05 PM   #414
radametz

Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS/1LE; 2016 Colorado Z71
Alright so here's my $0.02 on the taillights: With the sharp crisp lines of the Stingray, round taillights would've looked completely out of place and borderline hideous. I'd actually like to see someone Photoshop some round lights on there just to see what it would look like. And, as was stated before, the reason this car has such sharp lines is because of the hours and hours logged in the wind tunnel. Notice how a lot of high-end performance cars seem to have very similar lines as of late? This is why.

IMO, Chevrolet hit a homerun with the Stingray. I've had numerous friends who have only liked European sports cars tell me within the past 2 days that they would buy a Stingray in a heartbeat. Great job by GM!!
Old 01-15-2013, 02:19 PM   #415
Frojas3440
Yogi

Drives: Cyber Gray 2SS/RS
You took the words right out of my mouth: "Breaks the Vette out of its motorhead, gearhead, or rich old man mentality."
Frojas3440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #416
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frojas3440 View Post
You took the words right out of my mouth: "Breaks the Vette out of its motorhead, gearhead, or rich old man mentality."
That will only be proven when rap stars and basket ball players park them in there garages just to look at like they do with other supercars.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:49 PM   #417
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forty5th View Post
Different strokes for different folks. Can't please these purists no matter what. Let them be... in denial, in refusal, in discontent, in dissatisfaction, whatever, etc. Chances are there will be more likes than dislikes on the new Stingray anyway.

If you like it then that's what counts, and if you dislike it then that's respected as well as your personal choice. One thing for sure, I love looking at this pic below over and over... because it pays homage to the past while boldly embracing/changing (and challenging) its future. Like many and I have said, change is good for the new vette. The Vette's major milestone is .

Shouldn't we by now be talking about the good ole days when cars just rolled?
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:51 PM   #418
Stingray
just can't get enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
That will only be proven when rap stars and basket ball players park them in there garages just to look at like they do with other supercars.
I don't see a problem with that... just like, say for example, certain folks or groups go googoogaga on John Deeres, Remingtons, etc...

The point is maybe the new Vettes breaks out of the mold on stereotyping the typical owner. Time will tell...
Old 01-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #419
Stingray
just can't get enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Shouldn't we by now be talking about the good ole days when cars just rolled?
And maybe soon the Stingray will literally fly once the Z06 and ZR1 variants rolls out...
Old 01-15-2013, 03:00 PM   #420
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
After looking at and reading the lengthy information released, what are they going to do to this Corvette to make it into a Z06 or ZR1? Brakes, wheels, tires, engine?
The C6 Z06 and ZR1 have the aluminum structure which adds many $$$$$ to the base Corvette, but the C7 base now has the aluminum structure. So again what will the changes be? Anything significant?
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote