Phastek Performance

Old 11-03-2012, 09:18 PM   #407
JUISSD

Drives: 2010 White/IOM 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by skar View Post
Gardner looking good . Dam good.
GO BLUE!
He did an excellent job of settling down after the early sack and INT. 4 long TD drives, making the right reads and decisions, and throwing some nice passes. I have hope for next year.

And a big "screw you!" to MSU.

JUISSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:26 PM   #408
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Both the Notre Dame and Bama games were the ones to watch this weekend.
Its amazing that a team can have no turn overs and have 100 yards more total offence than their opponent and lose. If Miles had just kicked the fieldgoal and not done the onside kick it may not have been a loss.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:18 AM   #409
Chris517

Drives: 2012 crystal red camaro 2LT
The onside kick didn't cost LSU any points because BAMA fumbled it at the 9. My problem was when they ran it on third down rather than trying to pick up the first at the end, along with all the dumb FG calls by Les.
Chris517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:53 AM   #410
Bo White

I know the onside didnt cost points but it was a failed trick play and they change the course of the tempo of the game everytime no matter the outcome of the drive afterward. There was no reason to onside it to begin with.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Old 11-04-2012, 06:11 AM   #411
Bo White

BTW, another thing I havent read or heard anyone say anything about is that LSU had 2 weeks to get ready for this game.....and it showed.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:20 AM   #412
Bo White

Not my video but is what probably happened in alot of homes/bars/restaurants (I know it happened at my house lol):
Old 11-04-2012, 07:08 AM   #413
skar

Drives: 2010 2SSRS headers/CAI/tune/corsa,
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUISSD View Post
And a big "screw you!" to MSU.
They had that game...........choke!
JL Audio XD400/4 amp
Pfadt trailing arms & tie rods sway bars.
pedders street 1 package. ,Hurst short throw shifter
With bronze bushings .
skar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:50 AM   #414
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Meh............. I wouldn't say OU has an offense at all and hasn't had in years. It's also been YEARS since OU had a running game. Since Adrian Peterson. And DeMarco Murray does not count as a solid running game. He disappeared in about any big game OU had.

OU is the new Texas Tech when Mike Leach was there. Gimicry passing and no running game. Most of all no defense. Only time OU ever runs successfuly is when they are playing Div.II type teams.
Oh relax. We lost to two teams this year that were clearly better than us (and are still undefeated). The running game will improve when our line play improves. That's OU's biggest deficiency right now and it was obvious in the ND game on both sides of the ball. We have plenty of talented backs but nowhere for them to run.

Most offenses in the Big12 are spread offenses thanks to Leach and Mangino. I hate to see OU without a power running game (save the Belldozer) but such are the times. At least our defense has noticeably improved this year. We currently lead the Big12 in total defense although I suspect we'll slip a few spots after playing TCU, Okie Lite and WVU.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:37 PM   #415
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
Oh relax. We lost to two teams this year that were clearly better than us (and are still undefeated). The running game will improve when our line play improves. That's OU's biggest deficiency right now and it was obvious in the ND game on both sides of the ball. We have plenty of talented backs but nowhere for them to run.

Most offenses in the Big12 are spread offenses thanks to Leach and Mangino. I hate to see OU without a power running game (save the Belldozer) but such are the times. At least our defense has noticeably improved this year. We currently lead the Big12 in total defense although I suspect we'll slip a few spots after playing TCU, Okie Lite and WVU.
I"m just tired of seeing OU not be able to run they ball when they really need to. Even when Murray was there they couldn't get the yards against good teams.

Maybe because I live here in Bama.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:31 PM   #416
MEDISIN

I know, I know, every season should be like the 1971 season.

From Wikipedia:
In 1971, offensive coordinator Barry Switzer perfected the wishbone offense as it led the nation in both scoring (45 points average) and total yards (563 total yards average), and set an NCAA record by averaging over 472.4 (5196 in 11 games) rushing yards in a season. The team holds the current school record with 7.07 yards per rushing attempt and 7.6 yards per play as well as the records for 469.6 rushing yards (5635 in 12 games counting bowl game) and 566.83 yards of total offense per game. The team also holds the single-season rushing touchdowns record of 62 and rushing touchdowns per game record of 5.17. The team's records of 711 single-game rushing yards and 785 total yards stood for nine seasons.

I'm sure back then, internet message boards were filled with threads like "Why don't we implement the forward pass - all we do is run??" lol

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
Old 11-08-2012, 11:15 PM   #417
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
I know, I know, every season should be like the 1971 season.

From Wikipedia:
In 1971, offensive coordinator Barry Switzer perfected the wishbone offense as it led the nation in both scoring (45 points average) and total yards (563 total yards average), and set an NCAA record by averaging over 472.4 (5196 in 11 games) rushing yards in a season. The team holds the current school record with 7.07 yards per rushing attempt and 7.6 yards per play as well as the records for 469.6 rushing yards (5635 in 12 games counting bowl game) and 566.83 yards of total offense per game. The team also holds the single-season rushing touchdowns record of 62 and rushing touchdowns per game record of 5.17. The team's records of 711 single-game rushing yards and 785 total yards stood for nine seasons.

I'm sure back then, internet message boards were filled with threads like "Why don't we implement the forward pass - all we do is run??" lol

I highly doubt BARRY himself perfected the wishbone lol Yes Barry had some very good runningbacks under his belt YES SIR no doubt however I will not say he perfected it. HE RAN IT VERY WELL.
The Wishbone was invented in the early 50's by Spud Cason right here in good old Ft worth Texas ( funny I work with his Grand daughter today ) he first used it as he was a middle school coach. It was nothing but the triple option with a lead blocker if I remember correctly. I ran it in highschool my junior and senior year ( both years winning state with Art briles Baylors current coach as my head coach )

Funny if Im not mistaking BAMA/Bear Bryant installed it after we had sucess with it in the late 60's and we know what BAMA did with it lol

UT used it in 68 , 69 and 70 and brought 2 national titles to Austin using it and during that time they NEVER THREW the ball.
I beleive many can give that Credit to FORMER OU ALUMNI and TEXAS GREAT who I may add just passed on this week Darrell K ROYAL ( RIP COACH )

Barry indeed ran it at OU but saying he perfected it is a little much.

I cant wait for Saturday as in tribute to DKR UT is lining up its first play of the game in the wishbone formation.

Use WIKIPEDIA im sure if you looked up Wishbone offense it would list all of the Great who used it as it was one of the greatest ever offenses.

One thing is for Sure no matter what OU and Texas Fans agree or disagree on I think they both can agree a VERY BIG part of college football passed away this week. No matter who he played for or who he coached for he was one of a kind.

not bad imo for someone who coached 20 years and never had a losing season.

I say we need to Bring back the WISHBONE with the 5 star RB's UT and OU get hell surely we can mix up the field and bash some people with a little bit of old school.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:26 AM   #418
MEDISIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
I highly doubt BARRY himself perfected the wishbone lol
Show me another coach who ran it to the tune of 472 yds per game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
One thing is for Sure no matter what OU and Texas Fans agree or disagree on I think they both can agree a VERY BIG part of college football passed away this week. No matter who he played for or who he coached for he was one of a kind.
Indeed. The greatest coach in Tejas history, the one they named their stadium after...is an Oklahoman.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:25 AM   #419
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:

Indeed. The greatest coach in Tejas history, the one they named their stadium after...is an Oklahoman.

coach didnt run it his players did and Yes they did a very good job lol

Indeed. The greatest coach in Tejas history, the one they named their stadium after...is an Oklahoman
Ok and dam near all of your Great players come from Tejas who cares
I think even you can agree our sorry Defense made yall look AWSOME.

Congrats on the win this year as yall showed up.

I'm not going to sit here and fight you with facts. All I said was Barry didnt perfect the Wishbone he used it in his offense and some very good Runningbacks at the time made Great Carrers because of it.

Most all of the coaches who ran it had Great results with it that doesnt mean they perfected it.

on a different note I think we can all agree The SEC is a little overrated this season. Period. Alabama was very close being on a two-game losing streak. Florida nearly lost to La-Lafayette. Georgia was humiliated by South Carolina. South Carolina was humiliated by Florida. LSU lost at home, beat Auburn by two and was in a struggle with Towson State. These are just the facts. I don't know that the there's a conference better than it this year, but there's just more mediocrity at the top than we've seen in the past. There is not a great team in this league this year, not even close. I'm just glad football is here for us to watch and enjoy through out these hard times for many in the US.

Still a lot of Football to be played im not saying we can do it but if Kstate Falls you could easily see Bama back in the national championship game.

I predicted the A&M win. Not because its better than bama ( its not ) but because its that time of the year where Teams start falling. 2 more teams yet to fall I just hope we can be apart of that and pay kstate back for 2006

OH and will someone please learn from LSU if you drop back a defensive lineman leaving 3 to pass rush that extra guy can and will stop a&m's johnny mugshot from running all over the field. Just like Ohio st did to VY.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:38 AM   #420
skar

Drives: 2010 2SSRS headers/CAI/tune/corsa,
And Michigan pulls a rabbit from there ass.
JL Audio XD400/4 amp
Pfadt trailing arms & tie rods sway bars.
pedders street 1 package. ,Hurst short throw shifter
With bronze bushings .
skar is offline   Reply With Quote