Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-18-2017, 10:51 PM   #407
Poppacapp

Drives: 2017 Grand Sport
In for teh butthurtzzzz

Hey Ultra/Hammah!!!
Poppacapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 11:44 PM   #408
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppacapp View Post
In for teh butthurtzzzz

Hey Ultra/Hammah!!!
welcome pops.

seeing they also ran the gt manual to a 12.2.

wonder why that wasn't in the article? that's a good time. almost as good as a few guys who have hit 12.1 in the SS manual. 11.9 on different street tires otherwise stock as well in ss manual.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 12:10 AM   #409
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
I find it funny that he mentions the first run was an 11.97 and then says "it’s hard to believe running 11s can be that easy"...it was soo easy yet after extended cool downs and launching it harder they could do only 0.079 better, lol!! My first run was "easy" and then my second run was 2 tenths faster and then my best run was half a second faster than the first...and even that run was far from max effort. And that was in the Summer too. And look at that price...$53K+...for a GT...YIKES! It's safe to say that none of our dear trolls will be getting one. At that price it had better keep up with the SS in cornering.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 06:32 AM   #410
Mazman

Drives: slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I find it funny that he mentions the first run was an 11.97 and then says "it’s hard to believe running 11s can be that easy"...it was soo easy yet after extended cool downs and launching it harder they could do only 0.079 better, lol!! My first run was "easy" and then my second run was 2 tenths faster and then my best run was half a second faster than the first...and even that run was far from max effort. And that was in the Summer too. And look at that price...$53K+...for a GT...YIKES! It's safe to say that none of our dear trolls will be getting one. At that price it had better keep up with the SS in cornering.
I am actually paying Zl1 price for mine here :P, the Camaro 2SS is unfortunately in the same ball park as well. I don't think it will hang with the Camaro in the twisties though, again for a DD I think both cars are sufficient enough.

Just one thing regarding the the time and how easy something is. The same goes e.g for a 991 911 Turbo, you can more or less launch it the first time with a quick time and run 2, 3, 4, ..... will be in the same region. What I am trying to say is even if they stated that it was easy in the first run does not mean they will shave of half a secon on the second run. It could just be that it is realtively simple for a seasoned driver to reach the cars potential of the bat.

Last edited by Mazman; 12-19-2017 at 06:45 AM.
Mazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 07:22 AM   #411
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
The only way they could have gotten a faster time beyond that, while staying showroom stock, would have been running a base GTPP A10, which would likely be a bit lighter in weight, but not by much.
Can't get a base GTPP and do this run, because you lose out on the Drag mode apparently. According to Ford's site, you have to have a 301A in order to have Drag mode. The truly base GT doesn't have it as an option. Still waiting to hear more about it specifically.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:40 AM   #412
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph93lx View Post
For those who seem to like facts....

2011-2017 stock Mustang GT are slower than stock 2016+ Camaro

Do I really care... no, because I don't keep my car bone stock and 2011+ Mustang GT respond very well to bolts on.

Now for those of you who stock performance is really important...

The first 2018 GT's only arrived to dealers a month ago. Customer retail order start to be produced only this week. The majority will received their 2018 Mustang in 2-8 weeks then I guess half of them will have to wait like me a couple months before bring it to the track because of the winter.

Even then with very few car having seen the track including maybe like 6-7 we are aware off, among those all ran low 12's 117-119.5 mph in -1000 to +1300 DA and already 1 of those car have is 6 run all in 11's with the most loaded heaviest 2018 GT trim with is best run in +300 400 DA!!

In the meantine 5-7 camaro6g that we are aware off in 2 year have run less than 12.0 all stock. Many in avearage in much better DA.

Does it look like that in stock form the 2018 Mustang GT is faster than a camaro6g ... well it certainly look like it! Does it destroy the Camaro.. hell no but... LOL
Yeah, but I am 100% certain you will disappear off this forum once your '18 A10 arrives and you cant duplicate these runs. LOL
Old 12-19-2017, 07:40 AM   #413
TEEZYSS

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzaa View Post
Ford loaned the car to Evan Smith

Only statement you need to concern yourself with...............even Evan stated "as the car was delivered". Like the Ford peeps would send the MMFF mag editor a 12.3 car...seriously!!

God people are gullible.. Its about marketing!!!!

Notice how no other GT has even come close to that time!! No one has cut 1.88 60FT'S on street tires no one has gone 95mph in the 1/8.. No one has hammered a 1-2 chirp that has sounded anything like that............Hell it was VMP's track rental day and their modded 18 didn't even run that on tire. And they were on the smaller BASE model wheels lol!!!

Hell Lethal took theirs to the track on 20's and drag radials.. 12.2@116....and put down 423whp

Vmp 12.3@116. put down 426whp

Beefcake racing 12.3@115 ...

Caryle Racing 12.3@115..

hell there is a guy on FB that went 12.48@115 on street tires..

And the only guy that has trapped 119 in openly showed -1300 DA.

But the MMFF Editor has a car delivered by Ford to be reviewed and on 20" street tires in "400" DA and out 60ft's just about every other 18 on tire. Has 2 mph in the 1/8 on all off them and traps 3-4 mph higher.......

I mean if Evan was banging gears and launched it some Pro Driver way like Ranger did the Z06's back in the day then I could see it. But lets be real he didn't do anything driving the 10spd.

And the Camaro guys cant handle the truth?????? OK....

The 11 second 6th gen owners didn't have cars delivered to them from GM. The guys that are running real times in with the 18 GT's bought their cars from the dealers and that's why they are running real world times. You don't have to be brand loyal to see reality here!
GFORCE DRIVESHAFT,LME 174 T-STAT,ATI UDP up next...

Last edited by TEEZYSS; 12-19-2017 at 08:37 AM.
TEEZYSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 07:42 AM   #414
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Bowties View Post
Who the hell said e85 tune isnt a mod? Hahaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
One of you Mustang guys.
Oh yeah! That has been said here a few times!!!
Old 12-19-2017, 08:58 AM   #415
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEEZYSS View Post
Only statement you need to concern yourself with...............even Evan stated "as the car was delivered". Like the Ford peeps would send the MMFF mag editor a 12.3 car...seriously!!

Notice how no other GT has even come close to that time!! No one has cut 1.88 60FT'S on street tires no one has gone 95mph in the 1/8.. No one has hammered a 1-2 chirp that has sounded anything like that............Hell it was VMP's track rental day and their modded 18 didn't even run that on tire. And they were on the smaller BASE model wheels lol!!!

Hell Lethal took theirs to the track on 20's and drag radials.. 12.2@116....and put down 423whp

Caryle Racing 12.3@115..

But the MMFF Editor has a car delivered by Ford to be reviewed and on 20" street tires in "400" DA and out 60ft's just about every other 18 on tire. Has 2 mph in the 1/8 on all off them and traps 3-4 mph higher.......

I mean if Evan was banging gears and launched it some Pro Driver way like Ranger did the Z06's back in the day then I could see it. But lets be real he didn't do anything driving the 10spd.

The 11 second 6th gen owners didn't have cars delivered to them from GM. The guys that are running real times in with the 18 GT's bought their cars from the dealers and that's why they are running real world times. You don't have to be brand loyal to see reality here!
Let me get you some water cuz damn that was straight fire....

Well said...
Old 12-19-2017, 08:59 AM   #416
Poppacapp

Drives: 2017 Grand Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
welcome pops.

seeing they also ran the gt manual to a 12.2.

wonder why that wasn't in the article? that's a good time. almost as good as a few guys who have hit 12.1 in the SS manual. 11.9 on different street tires otherwise stock as well in ss manual.

Unsure. I think people are just jumping the gun with speculation. We will see more average runs as the owners get their hands on the cars. MOnitor the fast lists and see where they fall. I believe that the 18 GT and 6gen are going to be a drivers race stock, and modded.

I also believe the 18GT will perform much better than the 6gen boost vs boost. The 5.0 has just always been a beast with boost when setup properly.
Poppacapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 09:14 AM   #417
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEEZYSS View Post

Caryle Racing 12.3@115..

so you're saying Ford sent a ringer now? ThePill did you switch teams? LoL
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 09:14 AM   #418
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
Let me get you some water cuz damn that was straight fire....

Well said...
I'm looking forward to seeing the private owner cars. This is a controlled introduction to speed shops, pro drivers and youtube bloggers. Limited availability (?) yet none of the typical straight publications have been allowed to post results.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 09:32 AM   #419
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Bowties View Post
When the 2016 camaro came out, hot rod magazine rented a private track and tested both auto and manual bone stock to see what they would run. They also had jeff lutz behind the wheel of both who is a one of the best drag racers around who drives a 3,000 hp plus car basicly for a living. I feel like he’s a little more qualified then the ford driver. Also i bet there prep was alot better since it was hot rod magazine and they were having Jeff Lutz come out, they probally spent a good hour to get the prep just right for him. Just saying. Stock SS numbers with Lutz behind the wheel are below along with the video.

https://youtu.be/66kcZYTncMg
Ha! I beat Jeff Lutz! Once.

There are so many variables here, DA, Track prep/condition, wind direction, driver variation, gas tank level, all stock parts on board. I do agree that a track rental is a better situation to get a good time. There is so much going on at a T&T to get you off your game, oil on the track, starters waving you on and giving you the hairy eyeball, proper cool down,etc.

Driver variation is a big thing. I have beaten a Hellcat, a 10 second GT, and came close to beating a C7 Z06 with my M6 bolton SS. All a drivers race. LOL

It seems though all we fight about is whose automatic car is faster. This does make sense since the automatic removes at least 1/2 of the driver skill variation. I think we know enough now to say the latest GT is now on par with the SS.

If we ever want to know for sure which is faster we need 5 SS and 5 GT owners with autos to bring their car to a track rental. Then we get two pro drivers to switch back and forth between the cars and see what happens. Then we tech inspect all the cars to ensure stockish. If one is truly faster we should see a pattern. This is if manufacturing variation is not at work skewing the results.

One thing that bothers me about what we call stock, is removing stuff is okay. To me once you have to get the tools out the car is no longer stock. Low gas level, low washer fluid level, car mats out, all OK to me. We kid ourselves, just saying.

But isn't Internet racing just as fun? Great thread. Looking forward to meeting those GTs next year.
Old 12-19-2017, 09:39 AM   #420
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing the private owner cars. This is a controlled introduction to speed shops, pro drivers and youtube bloggers. Limited availability (?) yet none of the typical straight publications have been allowed to post results.
Most likely because their results wont be the same as the speed shops, and Ford doesn't want to take it on the chin...so get the speed shops out first...and then get the slower times from C&D/MT/etc