Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-10-2024, 02:52 PM   #29
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootss View Post
Every time I see a new AT4 on the road, I just feel bad for the dude.

I have a loaded sierra SLT but I got it back in 2019 as a 2018 left over for 14k off MSRP back when that's how car deals used to play out. Now? Forget it. People need to chill out the dealers and manufacturers have us jumping over one another for crazy prices.

I'm done buying cars for a while, I think my next truck will be a 2500 witout any features if prices don't come back down.
That’s how I felt except GM decided to stop making Camaro’s so I decided now is the time to buy my first ever new car even though historically it’s not a great time to buy new cars.

But for the most part I agree, people should stop buying cars unless they need them until manufacturers and dealers provide us good deals again. I see no reason why someone needs to upgrade from a 2020 Silverado with 45k on it to a 2024 Silverado for literally 20k more. If people stopped buying cars (that don’t need them) for like 3 months dealers will go back to giving us thousands off msrp again. Unfortunately that won’t happen because people “have to have it now”.

Been waiting 3 years for the used car market to crash and it finally has. Now I will pick up a new daily driver this year finally. I wanted a new used daily for the last couple years but because my daily was still working I saw no reason to pay the inflated prices.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 07:20 PM   #30
MyNameIs

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLO LT1 View Post
Funny a few years ago the trunk space was too small, the visibility was horrible, not enough room in the back seat according to naysayers! Yep Chevy fixed all that in 2024!��

Last edited by MyNameIs; 01-11-2024 at 07:21 PM. Reason: hhh
MyNameIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 07:40 PM   #31
Odabo

Drives: Chevrolet Blazer
I grew up in the 70s and dreamed of owning a muscle car (Z28 to be exact). Finally got one at 60 and I am very glad to have her. Super fun to drive, and drop dead gorgeous looking too! GM really put together an outstanding vehicle. However, I wished they gave more thought into anti-theft. Aside from that, the car is near perfection. I plan to keep mine forever.
Old 01-13-2024, 05:55 AM   #32
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
What bump was the S650 Mustang supposed to get in its 2nd model year?

Also, how could the Camaro that hasn't received any significant investment in 5 years be unprofitable in its 9th model year, initial investment and design overhead long recovered, especially after hefty price increases across the board? I bet GM makes a super nice profit even on a $32K entry level Camaro, a very hefty one on $50-60K V8 units, and a mind-boggling killing on a $80-90K ZL1.

The only argument that could be made is that production capacity was needed for even more profitable vehicles with higher sales volumes, which are the trucks and SUVs, neither of them manufactured in Lansing...
Traditionally a new model gets a bump just for being new. New tech, better performance etc.

And you don’t quite understand how profit works. Yes the tooling is paid for at this point, generally that happens a year and a half or two years after launch so it’s been paid for for years. What you are missing is each car has to pay its share of the companies cost to run. And not just the plant where it is built. It has a budgeted amount to cover the tech center, proving grounds, health care for the workers, pensions and the big one, salaries. There is just a lot more to being profitable than the labor, parts cost and selling price. I remember working on. Pontiac G6 replacement in the earliest phase of the program. The car started out with a $3,000 bill just for its share of legacy costs. That was before any tools or engineering. And even IF iCamaro was scraping out a profit, ultimately you have to ask if the resources still working on Camaro could be utilized on some the even more profitable.
Old 01-13-2024, 07:38 PM   #33
ZR1-OK

Drives: 22 ZL1 23 1SS Redline
I told GM on feedback from my 23 buy they made a big mistake killing the ice Camaro and that I would never sell it. I knew it wouldn’t matter but wanted them to know I wouldn’t be buying their EV crap either
ZR1-OK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 11:22 PM   #34
Soon2be 21SS

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldguy0130 View Post
Agreed!
Same here. I’m 70 and have owned a few muscle cars since my first one, a new 1971Nova SS350. My 2021 SS is by far the best I have driven.