#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-12-2021, 06:20 AM   #29
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamOnlyJabroni View Post
The C8 is not for me plain and simple. Everyone that likes them, enjoy. I will say I just traded my 950whp challenger hellcat yesterday and I love my new ZL1 hands down over it. Sure the hell wouldn’t get rid of my C7Z for a C8. Especially when my Whippled Ram pickup truck is as fast as one lol.
The Dodge spokesperson here won't agree with this comment. I let you guess who that is.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 06:26 AM   #30
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamOnlyJabroni View Post
The C8 is not for me plain and simple. Everyone that likes them, enjoy. I will say I just traded my 950whp challenger hellcat yesterday and I love my new ZL1 hands down over it. Sure the hell wouldn’t get rid of my C7Z for a C8. Especially when my Whippled Ram pickup truck is as fast as one lol.
Welcome to the club man, I sold my 1000hp Hellcat also for my ZL1. I wasn't sure I could love the ZL1 more than the Hellcat but I do. Then again, I think I always wanted better handling from my Hellcat, even with wider wheels, tires, full suspension, strut tower braces, lowering springs, it never got to where I wanted it to be so I ended up moving on to the ZL1. The ZL1 costs a lot more to go fast in a straight line but its nice to have a platform that can handle well AND go fast in a straight line if you don't mind paying more to get it there.
Z OH 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 07:57 AM   #31
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Anyone knocking the C8 probably hasn't driven one. It's an amazing car at MSRP, but not with the ADMs of 20-50k over sticker. It's a huge leap over the C7 in every way, but if you want one, you need to order it at MSRP and be willing to wait a while. Otherwise, you're looking at the insane markups on an in stock car used or new.

I owned one for a couple of weeks, but the whining DCT was unacceptable and the dealer wasn't going to fix it, so I sold it through them and recouped my costs. I'd order another one if I could be guaranteed the transmission would be ok, but I'm not willing to risk it and wait another year. It's truly a world class car if they get the DCT problems ironed out.

I'm back to looking at ZL1s with a time tested front engine layout and fewer reported problems.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 08:23 AM   #32
Z OH 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerZL1 View Post
Anyone knocking the C8 probably hasn't driven one. It's an amazing car at MSRP, but not with the ADMs of 20-50k over sticker. It's a huge leap over the C7 in every way, but if you want one, you need to order it at MSRP and be willing to wait a while. Otherwise, you're looking at the insane markups on an in stock car used or new.

I owned one for a couple of weeks, but the whining DCT was unacceptable and the dealer wasn't going to fix it, so I sold it through them and recouped my costs. I'd order another one if I could be guaranteed the transmission would be ok, but I'm not willing to risk it and wait another year. It's truly a world class car if they get the DCT problems ironed out.

I'm back to looking at ZL1s with a time tested front engine layout and fewer reported problems.
Ours had 5500 miles on it when we sold it after a year but no whining with the DCT.
Old 07-12-2021, 08:28 AM   #33
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
I dont care for the long diagonal bar with all the "Chicklets" on them.

But performance wise its a game changer.

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 09:52 AM   #34
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Looks too much like a Ferrari to me and doesn’t have the unique look of the past Corvettes.
Old 07-12-2021, 10:00 AM   #35
Z OH 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Looks too much like a Ferrari to me and doesn’t have the unique look of the past Corvettes.
Every few generations the Corvette radically evolves and people always say that it doesn't look like a Corvette anymore. Its par for the course, you'll adjust just like everyone does.
Old 07-12-2021, 10:59 AM   #36
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
Ours had 5500 miles on it when we sold it after a year but no whining with the DCT.
I remember PMing you, and you were pleased with it. I didn't get so lucky with the DCT and mine had the whining you'd hear an improperly set up ring and pinion gear. The one I drove at BG on the track was quiet as a mouse. Really disappointing since I loved everything else about the car.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 11:30 AM   #37
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin19 View Post
The Dodge spokesperson here won't agree with this comment. I let you guess who that is.
Mopar = Junk
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 11:43 AM   #38
Z OH 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerZL1 View Post
I remember PMing you, and you were pleased with it. I didn't get so lucky with the DCT and mine had the whining you'd hear an improperly set up ring and pinion gear. The one I drove at BG on the track was quiet as a mouse. Really disappointing since I loved everything else about the car.
Yea, that's a shame.
Old 07-12-2021, 11:44 AM   #39
zain

Drives: ZL1
never liked the C8, looks horrible.. specially the rear
zain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 11:47 AM   #40
Z OH 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly1119 View Post
Mopar = Junk
Many on the Dodge forums would say the same about a Chevy or Ford. Nothing new there. Nothing factual from anyone to back up those statements, just personal bias or preference.

I grew up driving only Chevy's and I use to be a die hard Chevy guy that would have said a stupid statement like that too but as I grew up and actually owned some of those products, I realized that there's LOTS of great vehicles out there made by many manufacturers. I'm not brand loyal at all anymore. All brands have some good vehicles and some garbage. I wouldn't own any FCA products other than their RAM trucks, the Charger, Challenger, and Durango. Those are well known good quality products based on my experience of ownership.
Old 07-12-2021, 11:51 AM   #41
Z OH 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by zain View Post
Definitely, the worst view of that car but it looks a LOT better with the high wing and some decent looking round exhaust tips. The stock wing and square tips are awful. Opinions like yours are certainly the minority though. Having owned one for a year, that car turns heads like nobody's business and draws crowds of people around. One of the hottest selling vehicles at the moment with a $20-30k markup speaks volumes about what people think about them.
Old 07-12-2021, 11:57 AM   #42
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
Quote:
Originally Posted by zain View Post
yep. i just dont like it.wanna be ferrari springs to mind. looks wise prefer the c7 or c6