Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-07-2019, 05:05 PM   #29
sal11585

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 2ss Nightfall Gray
Yeah, I am not too happy about the turn around time. I hope they take my car in next week and don't make up some BS. Jtm is one of the best shops in the area and they recently just moved to a bigger facility, which is what made it take so long! Would have been nice if they told me they were moving and it would be delayed for a half a year. Before taking my cash for the supercharger. Honestly, i was going to pick up the supercharger last month, but I really want them to do the install and tune. And they are super close to me
Full paint correction with cquartz finest ceramic coating
Whipple 2.9
ARH Long tube headers with High flow cats
1le sway bars F&R
BMR Upper and lower trailing arms
Hurst short throw shifter
sal11585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 03:05 PM   #30
MrcamaroZ28

Drives: 2015 Black Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris V View Post
The cats melted in about 5,000 miles, which included two track days and 50 or so autocross runs. Trips from the NYC area to NJMP, VIR, and Indiana.

The Whipple tune is garbage. They turned off the cat overtemp warning, so there wasn’t even a warning. I didn’t call Whipple because the fine print of their “warranty” is that it has to be installed by an ASE certified mechanic, and I did it myself.

Driveability on the canned tune needs help too, as the throttle pedal vs throttle body map seems designed to give you big tip-in for an extreme sensation of power. It feels cool, but it makes performance driving harder.

I just got the car back from Jannetty and haven’t had it on track yet, but throttle feels a lot better. I have both catless and green cat setups now.

Learning from my experience, I’d use the Whipple tune to get it to a tuner, and get cat deletes for track work.
What were the signs that your cats "melted" or gone bad?
MrcamaroZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 11:37 AM   #31
autoaddictions

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrcamaroZ28 View Post
What were the signs that your cats "melted" or gone bad?
check engine light on code for bad O2 sensors post Cat. Had this happen to me Procharged SS. I put a camera down the O2 sensor hole and the passenger cat was blown out. 15k on a supercharger canned tune.
autoaddictions is offline   Reply With Quote