Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 08-02-2018, 09:58 AM   #29
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey@Tick View Post
So I took the time to see what STD correction would be on the aforementioned 16 Camaro and it looks like it makes a solid 480/485 FBO.

Just like all other Chevrolet V8's form years past. The cam swap is the biggest power gain you can do. Other than forced induction.
True, but it also cost substantially more then V8's from years past...so it does not offer the bang vs buck that cam swapping use to. Then I could never see the point in going through all the work it takes on these engines to change cams and not spend the money to port the heads on a NA application...especially if I am paying somebody to do the work. So a cam only swap makes 0 sense on this platform imho.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 01:28 PM   #30
Matt@Tick

Drives: All GM Performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by danhr View Post
Was that on 91, 93, or e85?

curious on the actual list of mods, as well.
That's on E85.

MSD intake, Hooker Headers and X pipe, Corsa Mufflers, MSD Manifold, Tick 95mm TB (Unported), and RotoFab Dry.
Matt@Tick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 01:33 PM   #31
Matt@Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
True, but it also cost substantially more then V8's from years past...so it does not offer the bang vs buck that cam swapping use to. Then I could never see the point in going through all the work it takes on these engines to change cams and not spend the money to port the heads on a NA application...especially if I am paying somebody to do the work. So a cam only swap makes 0 sense on this platform imho.
Lots of good points really. But if you had an auto 5th gen Camaro, you're about the same situation as the 6th gen. Same thing deleting the AFM, keep VVT, heads come off, etc.. The cam cost is more and the labor itself will be more if you are replacing the timing chain because of removing the oil pan. I also think the car itself is much harder to work on from a "space" standpoint.

The reason we didn't port the heads on this car is that we wanted to see how much just our cam does.
Old 08-02-2018, 03:33 PM   #32
oneredry
HYPER SS

Drives: 2016 Supercharged 2SS
I'm curious here, when people say FBO or full bolt ons, what does this really mean?
granted I get what they are trying to say, intake, headers etc..
but they always leave out superchargers or turbo. Those are bolt on. So when I got to a stop light and I say I have FBO, technically I'm not lying.
3400 status 03/07/16 TPW of 03/14/16
4200 status 03/17/16 in transit!
Delivered 03/23/16
2SS Hyper Blue | 6M | NPP | Mag ride | ceramic white Int. | Black out bow ties | P3 Gauge| Front splitter. | 6 pot upgraded brembo brakes. | Magnuson Supercharger/95MM pulley | Rotofab Intake | ZL1 side skirts | HRE FF04 wheels - Michelin PSS4 | ZL1 add ons rock guards and lift points.
| AWE touring - resinated catback with link pipes.
oneredry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 03:42 PM   #33
Matt@Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneredry View Post
I'm curious here, when people say FBO or full bolt ons, what does this really mean?
but they always leave out superchargers or turbo. Those are bolt on. So when I got to a stop light and I say I have FBO, technically I'm not lying.
Yep, I would think "Bolt on" would include anything that can be bolted on. But I guess a supercharger or turbo kit, most of the time require cutting and moving radiator hoses? lol
Old 08-02-2018, 03:47 PM   #34
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneredry View Post
The term is being whored out everywhere. Even people who have most of the bolt ons like me still aren’t full bolt on

Things such as race fuel, electric water pump, race brakes etc many don’t have but still claim FBO.

I’ve still yet to see a truly FBO 6gen. I’m not aware of any personally
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 04:29 PM   #35
aai

Drives: '17 SS/1LE/PDR
I always thought full bolt on meant only external work of the engine. eg. whatever to free up air intake and free flow the exhaust. Then of course the drag pack to make it happen.