Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-30-2017, 10:34 PM   #29
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herewego View Post
Remember, it's the ME society now. People on cell phones in their cars putting everyone else in danger, look at ME on Facebook, IG, whatever... it spills over in all public places. They don't care if they dent your ride, because it's all about THEM! Remember, you didn't work hard, get marketable skills, take risks and succeed to get your car...you're just privileged.

Now that the rant is over, there are still ton's of respectful people out there, but they seem harder to find the older I get. I know, I'm getting old and grumpy I guess.

Yeh...Me-Lennials.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 01:30 AM   #30
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herewego View Post
Remember, it's the ME society now. People on cell phones in their cars putting everyone else in danger, look at ME on Facebook, IG, whatever... it spills over in all public places. They don't care if they dent your ride, because it's all about THEM! Remember, you didn't work hard, get marketable skills, take risks and succeed to get your car...you're just privileged.

Now that the rant is over, there are still ton's of respectful people out there, but they seem harder to find the older I get. I know, I'm getting old and grumpy I guess.
It became a ME society when Baby Boomers came into prominence. Remember them? They called it the ME generation back in '70's.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 01:51 AM   #31
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
"Does the car look too good?"

Old 08-31-2017, 05:44 AM   #32
Bow Tie Affair

Drives: 6th. Gen ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PnCRedJwl2SS View Post
Prayers for your grandchild. You have EXACTLY the right perspective.

So. Tired. Of. Cancer.
Keep the faith my Texan brother.
Bow Tie Affair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 07:57 AM   #33
Schmahl1
(not worth kidnapping)

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS V6 White
Possible solution to door dings

The doors on the Gen6 Camaro are big & beautiful. Perfectly smooth. Those rubber door protectors that stick out & run horizontally on the door would look stupid on a Camaro (at least on the Gen6, cause they are prettier) There are protectors sold that look like rubber coated 2x4s, but those are better left for home garage use. SO, I have been thinking about POSSIBLY getting a set off some other type car & attaching magnetic material (similar to a magnetic business card) to the back as to make these guards very temporay. Then I could stick them on at store, restaurants etc.. Shouldn't have to ever concern our selves with idiots, but we do..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron27 View Post
Since I got my Camaro less than two weeks ago, I've encountered a problem: Other people.

Yesterday someone bumped their door against mine while I was working. I've got paint on my driver side door now. I can't seem to get it off. I'm getting the car detailed due to a previous problem I posted about, so that issue will be dealt with properly. However, in all the years I owned my previous car, I got bumped by other car doors maybe once every two years tops.

Later in the day yesterday, I parked in a grocery store parking lot. I chose a spot that was away from everyone. No one needed to walk by my car. I get out of my car and start walking toward the store. A guy walks past me, groceries in hand. I got a weird feeling. He walks directly by my car for no good reason, and rubs up against it (he made it look natural as if he was trying to get around). Slight white scratches from that, the kind of scratch you get from rubbing up against a car that has a bit of dust (cloth and dust on paint). Super minor, but again... it's like he had the urge to touch my car.

My car has had finger prints appear on it all the time when I park at places. Just weird stuff that tells me it's being touched. This could happen with any car, but I can tell in two weeks already this is a bit annoying. Today I had to park in a parallel spot in the parking lot at work under trees that get sap all over the car (airborne not dripped), just to make sure no one can park beside me and swing a door open.

Anyone else having troubles keeping their paint job pristine, due to other people?
Schmahl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 09:20 AM   #34
BrianL

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Hot, NPP, Nav, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bow Tie Affair View Post
If you do not mind sharing your grandchild's first name, i would like to say prayers for him/her.
Her name is Cheyenne. Currently the tests are looking OK after her last radiation treatment, but it has to be monitored by MRI & spinal tap to check every few months. Appreciate the concern. Kind of amazing in how fast kids bounce back from major surgeries (she has had 3 since last December to remove tumors that have attached to her spinal cord), but has lost her ability to control one leg fully. But she is alive, and there was doubt that she would be at this time. So perspective about "things" have to be considered. She is still with us, and we try to enjoy every moment as long term prognosis is a pretty scary thing in a case like this. Cancer is a very cruel disease.

And back on topic of this thread, a lot of different perspectives as always. That's expected and all OK. I think a lot of what people feel on something like this has to do with what stage in life they happen to be in life. Someone saying they they "hate" it when someone says its "only a car" is likely at a very different stage then others. That is their prerogative of course to feel that way. I'm way to far along in my years not too consider "hate" for something like this. When I was younger and had less life experiences thrown at me, yea, for sure I would have been real pissed. My car was a much higher priority. I too have worked full time busting my ass since I moved out at 18 to get everything we have. I started out at $1.65 an hour and standard hours with no overtime was 54 hours a week. That barely covered a studio apartment and basics. So no silver spoon here & everyone has their own story. But now I'm 63, & material things I enjoy. But a dent that some asshat did, and ran from the scene is a testament of the morality of that particular individual. (like they have none). The idea that they ran is more disappointing then anything to me. Lack of character to stand up and admit fault is a statement about character of the individual.

A dent in a car gets fixed & is a hassle. Not worthy of huge stress and hate IMHO. Peace.
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 10:47 AM   #35
Herewego

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
Her name is Cheyenne. Currently the tests are looking OK after her last radiation treatment, but it has to be monitored by MRI & spinal tap to check every few months. Appreciate the concern. Kind of amazing in how fast kids bounce back from major surgeries (she has had 3 since last December to remove tumors that have attached to her spinal cord), but has lost her ability to control one leg fully. But she is alive, and there was doubt that she would be at this time. So perspective about "things" have to be considered. She is still with us, and we try to enjoy every moment as long term prognosis is a pretty scary thing in a case like this. Cancer is a very cruel disease.
I'm with you Brian and will say some prayers for your little hero. I lost my oldest son (8 yrs old) to ALL some years ago when treatment was not as advanced as it is today. Cancer is cruel. These experiences change your perspective on many things and I find that I'm exponentially less patient with people that lack awareness, consideration and respect for others. Keep up the fight, it's worth it.
Herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 11:03 AM   #36
Cameron27

Drives: 2015 2SS
[Q.

Last edited by Cameron27; 06-06-2019 at 10:33 PM.
Cameron27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 01:33 PM   #37
Bow Tie Affair

Drives: 6th. Gen ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post

And back on topic of this thread, a lot of different perspectives as always. That's expected and all OK. I think a lot of what people feel on something like this has to do with what stage in life they happen to be in life. Someone saying they they "hate" it when someone says its "only a car" is likely at a very different stage then others. That is their prerogative of course to feel that way. I'm way to far along in my years not too consider "hate" for something like this. When I was younger and had less life experiences thrown at me, yea, for sure I would have been real pissed. My car was a much higher priority. I too have worked full time busting my ass since I moved out at 18 to get everything we have. I started out at $1.65 an hour and standard hours with no overtime was 54 hours a week. That barely covered a studio apartment and basics. So no silver spoon here & everyone has their own story. But now I'm 63, & material things I enjoy. But a dent that some asshat did, and ran from the scene is a testament of the morality of that particular individual. (like they have none). The idea that they ran is more disappointing then anything to me. Lack of character to stand up and admit fault is a statement about character of the individual.

A dent in a car gets fixed & is a hassle. Not worthy of huge stress and hate IMHO. Peace.
Thoughts and prayers coming for her beautiful soul. No matter what happens, she is God's child and will be sitting next to him when he calls her home.
Bow Tie Affair is offline   Reply With Quote