Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

View Poll Results: Which one would you buy?
2017 ATS-V A8 26 18.57%
2017 Camaro 2SS A8 93 66.43%
2017 Camaro 2LT 1LE 14 10.00%
2015 Lexus RC-F 7 5.00%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2017, 08:35 AM   #29
Casalino

Drives: 17' 1LE BLK
Like the other guys said. I would go ATS-V to get more luxury and everyday driving capabilities. Driving the camaro (even though it can be a daily) never makes you feel like it is a daily. We adjust to the visibility issues, but it never changes the fact that it makes you know that your in a sports car. Which i like! You get that cockpit feel and switching lanes through traffic does NOT make you feel confident. I feel like the ATS-V would give you that daily driving ability tens times more. Also everyday use-ability. The extra space and sedan feel. You're also going to get more luxury and better feeling materials. That's why your paying more money than the SS.

But yea, if i had to daily my car and pick all over again the SS would not be on my list. I couldn't imagine daily driving this car.
Casalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 09:18 AM   #30
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Based on all the cars on that list, getting a V6 Camaro is going to lead to V8 envy after the new car excitement wears off. You might be able to find a great deal on a used or left over ATS-V. Never buy a caddy new. They depreciate so much that you can find a screaming deal on a CPO if you're patient. I voted for the SS though.

Why are you considering the Lexus? There are so many better options if you want a luxury performance car. I'd really consider going CPO on a German car over a Lexus. A MB C63 AMG for example will give you a 100k mile warranty and will blow the doors off a Lexus. Since you're in Canada, if you want AWD, I'd go with an Audi RS3 or the Infiniti Q Red or whatever it's called if you want a sedan.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 09:30 AM   #31
Traumamoma

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Summit White
The ATS-V is obscenely fast. Faster than my Corvette GS. Felt faster than my ZL1
Traumamoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 09:55 AM   #32
init4fun

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary
Personally i'd say it's a toss up between the 2SS A8 and the RC-F.

CTS-V - Nice looking car but I'm sorry it's still a Caddy. I'll buy one as soon as I move to a retirement community.

2SS - It's livable with a surprising amount of space inside for 2 people. Forget putting anyone in the back seats. Just not happening. Ride is decent and it has a ton of power.

2LT/1LE - Unless you are road racing the car why on earth would you buy the V6 for MORE money than the 2SS costs.

RC-F - I know people will give me a hard time on this but the RC-F is a great car. Tons of fun to drive but does lack that raw anger that the 2SS has. If I could have only 1 car then I would probably have bought the RC-F simply on the reliability alone but I have a truck for Crappy weather and a Camry for DD duties so....
init4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:21 AM   #33
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
My vote is on the ATS-V. It's like the classy big brother of the Camaro that knows how to take care of everyone.

Second place is a toss up between the 2SS and the RC-F. 2SS is amazing in its own right. The RC-F is sweet as well but if you like the raw V8 feel, you might end up doing an exhaust mod right off the bat with the RC-F since it starts off more sedated vs the NPP.

If you don't mind me asking, what part of Canada are you from? Seems like you got a pretty good deal on everything lined up. I've been only scoping out Autotrader and it all seems to hit 60k for a 2SS after tax
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:26 AM   #34
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
If I had to get an Automatic only, I would go with Caddy. No manual in the poll for Camaro SS.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:40 AM   #35
BH1

Drives: 2016 2SS M6
I'm partial to the ATS-V as well, but would miss the V8 sound too much.
BH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:50 AM   #36
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
ATS-V or 2SS. I wouldn't be happy with the other two. You mentioned your Brz has too little torque and the Caddy and 2SS have plenty.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:55 AM   #37
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty McFlew View Post
If I had to get an Automatic only, I would go with Caddy. No manual in the poll for Camaro SS.
+1
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 11:40 AM   #38
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Well go ahead and scratch those leases off. At those prices it would be stupid not to finance. I can't find any real numbers on the 2LT 1LE, but I'm thinking the 2SS will probably be better handling. It would definitely be a better highway commuter. You might want to look at a SS 1LE if you really enjoy HPDE. That would be the best pick, but then right now it's only available in a 1SS trim. Later this year you will be able to order it with a 2SS too, so something to think about.

IMO the Caddy is overpriced and lacks the enjoyment you will have with the 2SS. But both cars perform almost the same. Buying a 2 yr old Lexus you will regret in the long run, since it will be that much older and it performs worse than the ATS-V and 2SS.

Really need to hear what you like and don't like to give better advice.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 12:54 PM   #39
unhappymeal

Drives: 2014 ATS 2.0T; 2017 Subaru BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Well go ahead and scratch those leases off. At those prices it would be stupid not to finance. I can't find any real numbers on the 2LT 1LE, but I'm thinking the 2SS will probably be better handling. It would definitely be a better highway commuter. You might want to look at a SS 1LE if you really enjoy HPDE. That would be the best pick, but then right now it's only available in a 1SS trim. Later this year you will be able to order it with a 2SS too, so something to think about.

IMO the Caddy is overpriced and lacks the enjoyment you will have with the 2SS. But both cars perform almost the same. Buying a 2 yr old Lexus you will regret in the long run, since it will be that much older and it performs worse than the ATS-V and 2SS.

Really need to hear what you like and don't like to give better advice.
Sure. If you see my past ownership history, you can see that I tend to skew towards lighter cars with rev happy engines. I would say my favourite car would be a coin flip between the 1988 Toyota MR-2 (light weight and mid-engined) and the 2002 BMW M3 (a special engine in a great chassis).

I know some would argue that the Camaro may be on the heavy side, but I think it's right in line with my old M3. I would also say that based on past experiences with my wife's ATS, that the alpha chassis is superior to the E46 chassis.

I don't need a ton of torque, but enough that I don't have to spin the engine up to 4k rpms to keep up with traffic off a light or when cruising at 75 mph.

The 1SS is off the list because I've gotten soft compared to when I was in my 20's. I would say at a minimum:

-heated seats
-CarPlay integration
-navigation for when I go on road trips to the US
-HID, bi-xenon or LED headlights
-a good exhaust note
-supportive seats
-good steering feel and a decently quick steering ratio
-average to good NVH (I consider the 2SS at highway speeds to be above average)
-good shift feel or a quick/predictive automatic

Nice to haves are heated steering wheel (so jealous of my wife's car for this), ventilated seats, HUD, magnetic ride and adaptive cruise control.

Essentially, I like a balanced car: something that is rear driven; handles well; has enough amenities to relax a bit in the day-to-day; and enough engine not to feel frustrated in regular driving, but rewarding to wind out when the road is open.
unhappymeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 01:07 PM   #40
SuperSound

Quote:
Originally Posted by unhappymeal View Post
Sure. If you see my past ownership history, you can see that I tend to skew towards lighter cars with rev happy engines. I would say my favourite car would be a coin flip between the 1988 Toyota MR-2 (light weight and mid-engined) and the 2002 BMW M3 (a special engine in a great chassis).

I know some would argue that the Camaro may be on the heavy side, but I think it's right in line with my old M3. I would also say that based on past experiences with my wife's ATS, that the alpha chassis is superior to the E46 chassis.

I don't need a ton of torque, but enough that I don't have to spin the engine up to 4k rpms to keep up with traffic off a light or when cruising at 75 mph.

The 1SS is off the list because I've gotten soft compared to when I was in my 20's. I would say at a minimum:

-heated seats
-CarPlay integration
-navigation for when I go on road trips to the US
-HID, bi-xenon or LED headlights
-a good exhaust note
-supportive seats
-good steering feel and a decently quick steering ratio
-average to good NVH (I consider the 2SS at highway speeds to be above average)
-good shift feel or a quick/predictive automatic

Nice to haves are heated steering wheel (so jealous of my wife's car for this), ventilated seats, HUD, magnetic ride and adaptive cruise control.

Essentially, I like a balanced car: something that is rear driven; handles well; has enough amenities to relax a bit in the day-to-day; and enough engine not to feel frustrated in regular driving, but rewarding to wind out when the road is open.
Then I would definitely say the 2SS. If you can wait till later in the year, then you can get a 2SS 1LE which would tick all your boxes. I honestly don't think you would like the 2LT 1LE since the LGX really comes up short on low end torque. Not that it's a bad engine, but you would probably feel like you do with the BRZ.

Again I wouldn't pick the ATS-V on price alone. The extra luxury features over the 2SS aren't worth it unless you want some Caddy prestige with it or were looking for a 4 door version.

Old 05-03-2017, 01:30 PM   #41
unhappymeal

Drives: 2014 ATS 2.0T; 2017 Subaru BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Then I would definitely say the 2SS. If you can wait till later in the year, then you can get a 2SS 1LE which would tick all your boxes. I honestly don't think you would like the 2LT 1LE since the LGX really comes up short on low end torque. Not that it's a bad engine, but you would probably feel like you do with the BRZ.

Again I wouldn't pick the ATS-V on price alone. The extra luxury features over the 2SS aren't worth it unless you want some Caddy prestige with it or were looking for a 4 door version.
Well, I'm pretty much sold on the 2SS. I swung by the dealership to try out a V6 6MT and while it's more than enough engine for me, the pricing for a 2LT 1LE makes absolutely no sense.

The dealer pointed out to me that my online 2LT 1LE build lacked the Convenience and Lighting package, which is standard on the 2SS. Once you add that in, the price difference is only $4,000 to go from the 2LT 1LE to the 2SS. On top of that, the 2SS gets the better feeling Tremec TR6060 with auto rev matching. Sure, there's slightly higher fuel costs, but it's pretty marginal on the highway where the bulk of my driving will be. In my opinion, GM really dropped the ball with the pricing on the V6 2LT.

Last edited by unhappymeal; 05-03-2017 at 01:42 PM.
unhappymeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 01:37 PM   #42
SuperSound

Quote:
Originally Posted by unhappymeal View Post
Well, I'm pretty much sold on the 2SS. I swung by the dealership to try out a V6 6MT and while it's more than enough engine for me, the pricing for a 2LT 1LE makes absolutely no sense.

The dealer pointed out to me that my online 2LT 1LE build lacked the Convenience and Lighting package, which is standard on the 2SS. Once you add that in, the price difference is only $4,000 to go from the 2LT 1LE to the 2SS. On top of that, you the 2SS gets the better feeling Tremec TR6060 with auto rev matching. Sure, there's slightly higher fuel costs, but it's pretty marginal on the highway where the bulk of my driving will be. In my opinion, GM really dropped the ball with the pricing on the V6 2LT.
Completely agree.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk