Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Photos | Videos | Renderings

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-23-2016, 10:19 AM   #29
BMR Suspension

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyHill View Post
And no rubbing?
He had a slight rubbing issue on the front before the car was lowered. When the wheels were spaced out the steering arc changes and the very edge of the tire just touched the inner fender. It was so slight it made a mark but didn't even make a hole.

Now that it's lowered, it's very close to the fender lip, but to my knowledge the owner hasn't had any rub issues there.
BMR Suspension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 10:31 AM   #30
MikeR

Drives: 2017 2SS Convertible European Vers.
Thatīs exactly what I need
with these wheels ( and exactly this color !!! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Suspension View Post
Here is a 2SS with 25mm spacers and BMR lowering springs.

Here's the before and after.

Before:

After:
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 11:33 AM   #31
dorifto65

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Black
Putting wheel spacers on a 3700 lb car that puts down 455HP/450 ft-lbs of torque, capable of 1.0 lateral G and has a top speed of over 170MPH sounds like a very bad idea to me. Might be OK on an old ricer Honda Civic but not on a high performance car. I've seen "high quality" wheel spacers break on autocross courses and on the dragstrip. The results were very ugly! Please guys, if you just gotta have that flush look on your new Camaro, save your pennies until you can afford to buy a good set of aftermarket wheels.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:43 AM   #32
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorifto65 View Post
Putting wheel spacers on a 3700 lb car that puts down 455HP/450 ft-lbs of torque, capable of 1.0 lateral G and has a top speed of over 170MPH sounds like a very bad idea to me. Might be OK on an old ricer Honda Civic but not on a high performance car. I've seen "high quality" wheel spacers break on autocross courses and on the dragstrip. The results were very ugly! Please guys, if you just gotta have that flush look on your new Camaro, save your pennies until you can afford to buy a good set of aftermarket wheels.
This is still the plan I'm going with, but sucks for the guys that just want to run the stock wheels, but with a better stance.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:07 PM   #33
ride98red

Drives: 2017 Summit White Chevy Camaro 2SS
Quote:
now ya just cant go saying something like that without providing proof. you say that it "sounds like a very bad idea to me." That's cool. However, to me it doesn't sound like a very bad idea because I don't plan to run my beloved high performance, bad to the bone Camaro at top speed on an open road or closed track. we are all very well aware of the risks and controversies with spacers, but can ya at least give me a "hell yeah, they sure do look bada$$ on the car though!"
ride98red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 07:11 PM   #34
ride98red

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Suspension View Post
Here is a 2SS with 25mm spacers and BMR lowering springs.

Here's the before and after.

Before:

After:
Oh good Lord! Something just moved...
Old 08-23-2016, 07:16 PM   #35
ride98red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard0nee View Post
Right I know... I know a friend who had one where it was vibrating very bad. Turns out that dude used the small 5mm spacers that's not hub-eccentric. So basically the weight of the car is no longer on the hub and is on the lugs (lug-centric). That is disaster waiting to happen.

Quality hub-eccentric spacers are known to be be very safe as long as you torque them to spec w/ a flush fitment. They are not one size fits all spacers and is design specifically for your car. They are not cheap especially from major brands like H&R and Eibach (Million mile warranty for Eibach).

Ran these to 100 mph and not a single vibration, feels good and the handling is immediate. Best spacers I have used thus far.
Is this something new???? Or do mean to say hub-centric?
Old 08-23-2016, 07:21 PM   #36
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
I get you.. however keep in mind most of the failures are install related from research and experience. There are off road trucks that use them for years and nothing happened (Mainly H&R). Most of the failed ones are not torquing them down correctly, improper fitment, cheap grade aluminum/steel put together.

Spacers is like a tune, it has to be done correctly. It's not for everyone and I have always said if one is going to install spacers, do it right and spend the money on a quality set. These probably won't be permanent but since I don't drag or auto x the wear on the wheel hub, spacer, lugs won't be as drastic.

If the fail rate was really that high, then H&R, Eibach will be sued and out of business for spacers already.

Thanks for the warning tho.. maybe wheels down the road for sure.
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 07:22 PM   #37
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride98red View Post
Is this something new???? Or do mean to say hub-centric?
Yeah my bad, hub-centric is what I meant lol
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 07:23 PM   #38
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
He was probably thinking over his alignment when he posted that and had eccentric bolts stuck in his head.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 07:30 PM   #39
ride98red

hahaha, see I thought he might have been doing a cam also and was hyped up on that (i know I would be)!
Old 08-23-2016, 07:47 PM   #40
Team STILLEN

Drives: Varies
Quote:
While using spacers in a motorsports environment is not ideal, what it comes down to is proper application and proper installation. These style spacers when properly installed and torqued are designed to handle the loads that the vehicle can exert.

Personally I have tracked my SS at ACS in Fontana, with 15mm Eibach spacers on the front, going 120 mph in the banking with no issue. I check my wheel torque before every session.

Custom fitted wheels can cost a pretty penny and sometimes there isn't even the wheel you want available in the exact fitment you need for your vehicle.

I don't know the exact circumstances in the scenarios you mention, but I am thinking something was not checked and nor at the proper spec when the incident happened.

Joe@STILLEN
Team STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 09:34 AM   #41
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@STILLEN View Post
While using spacers in a motorsports environment is not ideal, what it comes down to is proper application and proper installation. These style spacers when properly installed and torqued are designed to handle the loads that the vehicle can exert.

Personally I have tracked my SS at ACS in Fontana, with 15mm Eibach spacers on the front, going 120 mph in the banking with no issue. I check my wheel torque before every session.

Custom fitted wheels can cost a pretty penny and sometimes there isn't even the wheel you want available in the exact fitment you need for your vehicle.

I don't know the exact circumstances in the scenarios you mention, but I am thinking something was not checked and nor at the proper spec when the incident happened.

Joe@STILLEN
Also remember in some types of events, you can not use spacers period.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 12:59 PM   #42
Mighunter

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
So does anyone know the negative impact, if any, to adding lowering springs to cars with MRC?
Mighunter is offline   Reply With Quote