Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-25-2016, 11:15 AM   #29
jaymsu
Yeti's Daddy

Drives: ATS-V, Prowler, M6 V10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
Thanks for the info Jay... That's useful info there. =) Glad you had a good time.

My track weekend is coming up end of week and I'm hoping our weather also holds out.. I did my fluid swap on Saturday ... Well, I assisted. My buddy did most of the manual labor (I owe him a bottle of Booker's)

I posted pics in our other thread about front pads.. Carbo XP10 from a Gen5 to OEM from a Gen 6. They look pretty much the same --- so, if you have some Gen 5 CT1001 laying about, you can try sliding them in place of your 4pot fronts.
Hahaha bottle of Bookers isn't cheap but it's still nice of your friend to help with fluid flush. I picked up Motive Power Bleeder kit a few years ago, and it made my life much easier. (I don't need to ask for my wife or friend to pump the pedal anymore... )

Thanks for the info on the pad. I'll definitely check out the other thread. I never owned Gen5 so I don't have any pads laying around, but I may just check Gen5 forum and get some cheap pads to beat on, before I upgrade to 6 pistons.

Enjoy the track day and make sure you record some of your run. (don't forget to charge GoPro like some idiot here.. )
3000: 9/04/15 <TPW:10/19/15>
3800: 10/19/15 <VIN: 117740>
6000: 12/16/15
jaymsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 11:18 AM   #30
jaymsu
Yeti's Daddy

Drives: ATS-V, Prowler, M6 V10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbar View Post
Let's not forget about another basic upgrade: stainless steel brake lines. If you track your car a few times per year it's a matter of time until the standard rubber brake lines will fail from heat cycles. I've seen it happen with several stock Corvettes and Porsches.
I'm waiting for it to become available.
Good point!! I'm actually thinking to do that when I'm putting 6 piston calipers on. Like you said, I don't think there is any SS braided lines out there for us just yet.

I think by fall of this year (or hopefully sooner), there will be enough brake parts (pads, lines, rotors) available from reputable aftermarket suppliers.
3000: 9/04/15 <TPW:10/19/15>
3800: 10/19/15 <VIN: 117740>
6000: 12/16/15
jaymsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 09:34 AM   #31
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbar View Post
Let's not forget about another basic upgrade: stainless steel brake lines. If you track your car a few times per year it's a matter of time until the standard rubber brake lines will fail from heat cycles. I've seen it happen with several stock Corvettes and Porsches.
I'm waiting for it to become available.
Yeah, I was looking at that as well (commented in our other thread).. I couldn't tell off hand if the lengths and threads were Gen5 compat or not.. and pads/fluids as an "early modder" was enough for 1 weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymsu View Post
Hahaha bottle of Bookers isn't cheap but it's still nice of your friend to help with fluid flush. I picked up Motive Power Bleeder kit a few years ago, and it made my life much easier. (I don't need to ask for my wife or friend to pump the pedal anymore... )
He's a good guy. Extremely knowledgeable about cars to the point that I feel like a total n00b when he talks. And not just like which cars had which engines or trans. Like lap times, make of suspension pieces, the bound/rebound rates, how well this or that turned in or braked. This engineer vs that engineer. Etc. He's probably forgotten more about auto performance than I've ever known.

Quote:
Thanks for the info on the pad. I'll definitely check out the other thread. I never owned Gen5 so I don't have any pads laying around, but I may just check Gen5 forum and get some cheap pads to beat on, before I upgrade to 6 pistons.
Yeah, as mbar pointed out.. Looks like Gen 6 SS 4pots are basically C7 Z51 setup.. So, that's good for us as those have been out for years now and there's options. I've not tried to install a set yet -- but, it's a nice solid answer instead of the guesses we were all making and the silence from mfgs.

Quote:
Enjoy the track day and make sure you record some of your run. (don't forget to charge GoPro like some idiot here.. )
LOL. I'd probably have it charged but forget the memory card.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote