Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-18-2016, 12:40 PM   #29
VA SSHEVY

Drives: 2012 SS/RS Convertible
He was probably thinking, you've got a hot car, why the hell are you going so slow in the passing lane. Back in the day we'd call you a left lane bandit.
Old 01-18-2016, 01:35 PM   #30
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrivera91 View Post
So I've read people experiencing things like this but I thought there's no way people can be this crazy. So driving home going about 45, posted speed limit is 40, there's a smart car on my ass and before I can snap a pic he "blows" (for lack of a better word) right by me. I couldn't help but laugh out loud.
I think this is a misinterpretation. Technically in most states you are daisy riding in the wrong lane! Here in Florida slower traffic is supposed to be in the right hand lane. I absolutely hate this when tourists come down and wonder why you get all pissed off at them because they are doing 2 under the speed limit in the left hand lane. It is your right to drive the speed limit you want. It is all of our right to stay in the right lane when not passing and especially if you are going slower than everyone else around you! Just a rant to non educated drivers! Plus it does say that you should be passing in the left hand lane. Then you get some one just running the left hand lane all day and makes you pass them on the right.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 01:42 PM   #31
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingagain View Post
I think this is a misinterpretation. Technically in most states you are daisy riding in the wrong lane! Here in Florida slower traffic is supposed to be in the right hand lane. I absolutely hate this when tourists come down and wonder why you get all pissed off at them because they are doing 2 under the speed limit in the left hand lane. It is your right to drive the speed limit you want. It is all of our right to stay in the right lane when not passing and especially if you are going slower than everyone else around you! Just a rant to non educated drivers! Plus it does say that you should be passing in the left hand lane. Then you get some one just running the left hand lane all day and makes you pass them on the right.
And, on top of that, the left lane isn't even about a "number..." it's about passing (I have friends who say, "I can't believe that people keep honking and flashing their lights at me... I'm DOING the speed limit!"). If you are in the left lane, no matter what your speed, and somebody passes you on the right (oops, edited!), you're doin' it wrong.

In CA, you can, in theory, get a citation for driving too fast AND too slow, simultaneously. You can be speeding in the left lane, but impeding other traffic. Tough concept for many.

Last edited by Scalded Dog; 01-19-2016 at 10:04 AM.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 01:43 PM   #32
drivingagain

Quote:
Lol I'm always on the left.
He was telling you to move over and this would not happen. No one was trying to race you. He was telling you to move over to the right hand so he could legally pass you!
Old 01-18-2016, 01:45 PM   #33
drivingagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
And, on top of that, the left lane isn't even about a "number..." it's about passing (I have friends who say, "I can't believe that people keep honking and flashing their lights at me... I'm DOING the speed limit!"). If you are in the left lane, no matter what your speed, and somebody passes you on the left (Right) Edit, you're doin' it wrong.

In CA, you can, in theory, get a citation for driving too fast AND too slow, simultaneously. You can be speeding in the left lane, but impeding other traffic. Tough concept for many.
Glad to finally see some people understand this. Come to Florida drive on the hwy and every one drive in the left lane because they want to be faster but do not have the balls to be faster. Then the faster cars have to dodge traffic and drive in the right hand wide open lanes? Never understood why people do this. Did they not read the same driver's handbook we all had to pass?
Old 01-18-2016, 03:05 PM   #34
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Unless I'm missing something... left lane for passing laws are for highways, not surface streets. If he was going 45 in a 40, that's not a highway.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 03:07 PM   #35
rayhawk

Drives: Camaro SS
Ok, so you are blocking the left lane, and using your cell phone to take pictures instead of paying attention to the road, from what I can tell. Then you post it to the internet to trash the other driver.

Old 01-18-2016, 03:20 PM   #36
xrivera91

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingagain View Post
He was telling you to move over and this would not happen. No one was trying to race you. He was telling you to move over to the right hand so he could legally pass you!
Everybody saying that I was on the wrong Lane is wrong. This wasn't on a highway. So please just enjoy the dam post instead of trying to be traffic police jesus.
xrivera91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 03:22 PM   #37
xrivera91

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhawk View Post
Ok, so you are blocking the left lane, and using your cell phone to take pictures instead of paying attention to the road, from what I can tell. Then you post it to the internet to trash the other driver.

I don't recall trashing the other driver. And if the post bothered you that much sorry bud. Newer smart phones there's a feature where you double tap the home button and the camera launches no need to look at the phone for anything. Make it seem like I was texting a driving.
Old 01-18-2016, 03:23 PM   #38
xrivera91

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post
Unless I'm missing something... left lane for passing laws are for highways, not surface streets. If he was going 45 in a 40, that's not a highway.
I'm glad you noticed bud. These traffic cops we got on here are too much.
Old 01-18-2016, 10:35 PM   #39
evilstevie

Drives: 2022 RBM 2SS 1le
That guy probably doesn't even know what a Camaro is. He just wanted to get where he was going and you were in the way. <shrug>
evilstevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 02:37 PM   #40
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Yeah if there's a car tailgating either speed up or move out the way..

You had a little dude in his little car get a little mad.

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 03:53 PM   #41
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
I sat it a Smart Car, dadburn thing had paddle shifters, LOL
Old 01-20-2016, 01:13 AM   #42
DDoug

Drives: '13 Inferno Orange ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Everybody saying that I was on the wrong Lane is wrong. This wasn't on a highway. So please just enjoy the dam post instead of trying to be traffic police jesus.
OK !!