Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-04-2016, 05:35 PM   #29
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
Anyone know what differences I may encounter trying to lower the car with MRC? It def needs to come down about 1"
There will be a/m lowering springs soon I'm sure. You CAN lower the MRC like you can with the regular suspension.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 06:13 PM   #30
activepat

Drives: Red Hot SS 1LE
Get the dual mode or you will only have 2 tips and sound like an LT.

Mag ride? save the cash.....
activepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 06:32 PM   #31
YellowFin

Drives: 2016 Colorado Z71
I got both. They are factory installed and covered under manufacturer's warranty. Can't beat it.
2010 Camaro SS

Current:
2016 Chevy Colorado 4X4 Z71 in black
2016 Chevy Camaro 2SS in red
YellowFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:32 PM   #32
harmonyp

Drives: 2015 ZL1 Silver Ice Metallic Manual
You can't put the MRC on later. If you never drive a car with MRC you won't know what you're missing. If you don't get it and ride in a car with MRC later, you'll regret your decision.

You can put an after market exhaust on later, but it's either NPP or aftermarket, not neither. If you can afford both to start - get both!
harmonyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:49 PM   #33
tayljones6

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS (8-spd, MRC, NPP)
I have both with 1800 miles and 1200 miles straight. If you drive any distance the MRC is awesome anyway you look at it. To be honest when I bought the car on the 26th I thought it wasn't equipped with it. I really couldn't tell much of a difference until I hit worn highway then the MRC shined and have never been happier with the suspension of a car.

Drive modes:
Tour=high end sedan. (I drive in town)
Sport= Mucle car. (Highway)
Track= sports car
Ice/snow= slow response sedan

The NPP is also spectacular with being able to change the sound. If you have kids are planing on some you can put it in silent so you don't wake them up or track to make them piss the bed. Also something else to consider you will have the quad exhaust and if you decided to add one you will have to modify the rear for the two addition tips. As well as the car is setup in the software to change the exhaust.

Personal note: the car became even better around the 1200-1400 mark. Everything became even better if you can believe that.

Sunroof is really nice if your into it. I wasn't planning on getting one with a sunroof but the rest of the car was perfect. I use it every time I get out unless it is raining and much quieter then with the windows down. One minor complaint would be when it is cold outside the wind blows on the side of the doors and your arm may get a bit cold.

Navigation is nice if you travel a lot. Favorite feature is a gauge that comes up when you get close to a turn and a option to avoid troll roads. Dislikes are the navigation over rides the HUD and gage cluster with the turn by turn. And the destination setup doesn't like general locations like Orlando Florida.

The car does have apple CarPlay and what ever the other one is. But it only uses the center console.

Tip. You can change cell phone and car voice control in navigation settings - voice settings. It took me way to long to find that one. I set mine to 35 to hear everything.
tayljones6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 09:01 PM   #34
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
Thanks for all the replies

Any news on the black tail lights?

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 10:08 PM   #35
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Unless I get the car seriously under MSRP, I'm doing 2ss with NPP... It's what people say, if you never have MRC you won't miss it. Once you do, then you will notice the difference. But I also feel that most will just SET it and FORGET it. for a long highway cruise, sure, you're doing a road trip. But I don't think most will mess with it so much. Look at it this way,

1k+ for something you never knew you needed and can most likely go without

1k+ for gas/insurance/wear and tear.. Things that keep the car on the road. I also think it depends on the roads. I'm fortunate my roads are ok and highways are smooth.

Black lights, depends only on your color combo... I want them. But i'll wait a few before installing them after getting the car.. That way I have "projects" to look forward too. They look great and will add style no matter what.
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 10:33 PM   #36
crankaholic

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
Anyone know what differences I may encounter trying to lower the car with MRC? It def needs to come down about 1"
MRC shocks work just like regular oil/gas-pressure monotubes... stick any spring/anti-roll bar you want on them as long as the travel is still adequate (it will be for a 1" drop).
crankaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:34 AM   #37
cartem2

Drives: Nightfall Gray 2LT RS
I can not speak for the MRC but this should sell you on the NPP, and this this just a V6, so you can just imagine what the V8s sound!! https://youtu.be/Qrs0oa-XIV4
Old 01-05-2016, 12:48 AM   #38
kcgesq

Drives: 2016 2SS, OLDER: 1974 LT, 1993 Z28
I just mailed out the check for my 2SS with MRC and NPP this afternoon. Hopefully I will have the car by the end of the week and let you know my opinion. Shipping from Becky in Michigan to Boston.
kcgesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 09:36 AM   #39
stmbtwilli

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red 2SS
Here is a quote from Zach Bowman in an article about the new Camaro and the 1967 Mark Donohue Z-28 Lightweight in Road and Track.

"If the platform is the hero in this show, the optional magnetorheological shocks are the equally adept sidekicks. They do an astounding job of mamaging the Camaro's still-considerable heft."

Not that I believe everything I read but I've been seeing lots of people loving mrc. With the experience I've had with it you can be assured it will be on my new 6th gen.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:40 AM   #40
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
^^ again, I would go for both, but if you are trying to trim the $$$ off then go with MRC and forego NPP (dual exhaust) - it's cool, but you can add custom exhaust later - MRC, not so much.

If you can get both, get both, they are both good options.
Old 01-05-2016, 10:44 AM   #41
Cipher21

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
I have MRC and its nice but im not wowed by it like I would like to be for such an expensive option but NPP I love especially since I work later at night so leaving home when everyone is sleeping nice to have the stealth mode(although sometimes I forget and leave it in sport and wake everyone up)
Black Bowties. STNZ30
Cipher21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 10:55 AM   #42
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
I'm in the "get both" crowd, but if you have to choose, get MRC. You can always add your choice of cat backs later. You cannot backfit MRC.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote