Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-30-2015, 03:08 PM   #29
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
I'll go deep for my first two...

Valdez Is Coming. Possibly the best sound effects as far as early sniper shots were concerned!

The Searchers. Just a great movie!

Once Upon A Time In The West. Fonda was awesome as a villain!

And, as much as some may hate it... Akira Kurosawa's Seven Samurai made in to a western... The Magnificent Seven.

I do love all of Clint Eastwood's spaghetti Westerns by Sergio Leone... and his own directed westerns are great movies!

John Wayne's were kind of hit and miss with me, but I do like all of them with Maureen O'Hara in them... even The Quiet Man.

The Terrence Hill They Call Me Trinity trilogy was good... really enjoyed My Name Is Nobody.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 05:04 PM   #30
Bongos2U

Drives: Hopefully 6th gen Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post
I'll go deep for my first two...

Valdez Is Coming. Possibly the best sound effects as far as early sniper shots were concerned!

The Searchers. Just a great movie!

Once Upon A Time In The West. Fonda was awesome as a villain!

And, as much as some may hate it... Akira Kurosawa's Seven Samurai made in to a western... The Magnificent Seven.

I do love all of Clint Eastwood's spaghetti Westerns by Sergio Leone... and his own directed westerns are great movies!

John Wayne's were kind of hit and miss with me, but I do like all of them with Maureen O'Hara in them... even The Quiet Man.

The Terrence Hill They Call Me Trinity trilogy was good... really enjoyed My Name Is Nobody.
Once Upon A Time In The West should be counted among the Man With No Name Trilogy as one of the best westerns ever (Spaghetti or otherwise). The scene where Fonda shoots that little boy is downright chilling.
Bongos2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 05:07 PM   #31
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Great recommends all!
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 05:32 PM   #32
Muscle Car Lover

From 3:10 to Yuma, the look in Russell Crowe's eyes at the 1:30 mark or so is about as bad ass as it gets:

IMO Lone Wolf McQuade about makes it as a western, but it's close. The opening is pure modern western though, no debate. The music alone gets it done:
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Old 10-30-2015, 05:44 PM   #33
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Anybody notice it's a black and white photo of Henry Fonda's 'Frank' in my previous post?

Brilliant cast against type for Fonda

I am surprised with all this Westerns talk and John Wayne that nobody mentioned The Searchers or Rio Grande

Jimmy Stewart made some good ones. See Winchester '73
Old 10-30-2015, 05:58 PM   #34
Muscle Car Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Anybody notice it's a black and white photo of Henry Fonda's 'Frank' in my previous post?

I am surprised with all this Westerns talk and John Wayne that nobody mentioned The Searchers or Rio Grande

Until like 10 years ago I thought Jimmy Stewart had only been in "It's a Wonderful Life" LOL, not kidding.

Old 10-30-2015, 10:37 PM   #35
Bongos2U

Drives: Hopefully 6th gen Camaro
Quote:

Yes, I did notice that photo of "Frank" that you posted. I believe it was the first and only time Henry Fonda played a villain ? Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

And I previously mentioned how great The Searchers and Winchester '73 are. I also said that one of my favorite Jimmy Stewart westerns was Destry Rides Again.
Bongos2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 09:42 AM   #36
okbfd
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Shelby GT500
The Duke has so many great movies, love Big Jake and El Dorado in addition to the others mentioned.

Steve Mcqueen had some great ones. Magnificent Seven of course, but Junior Bonner, Tom Horn, and Nevada Smith weren't at all bad.

Dances with Wolves wasn't too shabby

Little Big Man and one of my faves: The Great Scout and Cathouse Thursday

And let's not forget Burt Reynolds: The Man Who Loved Cat Dancing, 100 Rifles, and Sam Whiskey......Navajo Joe not so much

Nobody for Two Mules for Sister Sarah??
okbfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 10:31 AM   #37
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:

The Searchers and Rio Grande are a automatics, no need to mention how great they are. And if you haven't seen them, go watch them now and come back.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 11:50 AM   #38
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
John Ford directed movies are some of the best ever. Spielberg was inspired by Ford.
Old 11-02-2015, 12:09 PM   #39
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:

4 posts up from yours... my post about The Searchers.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228

Last edited by sherob; 11-02-2015 at 12:32 PM.
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 07:45 PM   #40
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Raw Hide, Wanted Dead or alive staring Steve McQueen as a bounty hunter.
Old 11-23-2015, 05:14 PM   #41
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Young Guns
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 08:01 PM   #42
ZL1blue

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Pale Rider!

Tint, wheels, Michelin PSS, Kook LT headers, HF cats, 1050injectors, 5% pulley, Mcleod 1000hp clutch, 160 thermostat, spark plugs and cables, Eibach springs, hurst shifter, CAI, Anderson carbon hood, carbon rockers, front and rear carbon valence, carbon spoiler, Oracle side markers and side mirrors, stainless door kicks, carbon strut tower brace, carbon supercharger cover, southern car parts engine bay kit, seperate clutch reservoir, kenwood DDX990 4s with appple car play.
ZL1blue is offline   Reply With Quote