Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-31-2015, 03:54 PM   #29
Rocco70
THE YETI

Drives: 2SS RS
Another great move hey let's charge the highest price ever for a camaro and lower the warranty nice.
Rocco70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 04:23 PM   #30
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco70 View Post
Another great move hey let's charge the highest price ever for a camaro and lower the warranty nice.
Why are you here, exactly???

We get it. You are pissed.

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 04:35 PM   #31
Gen_Nick3.8

Drives: 22 ZL1 1LE
I lease my cars so warranty is not an issue for me.
Gen_Nick3.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 04:50 PM   #32
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertyforall View Post
I can see why GM should perhaps offer additional years/miles warranty packages as another sticker option.
GM does. Two versions. And each has an MSRP and like a vehicle the price can be negotiated.

There are a few dealers who specialize in selling these at a good price for many but not for me. If warranty is important than research just like you do your vehicle of choice. Does not make a difference where you source your GMPP or GMEPP, it is honored like any Chevy warranty.

And if my memory is correct Employee Pricing extends to those too.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 06:56 PM   #33
Wareaglea5

Drives: Gmc sierra
Cadillac sales are way down, and are actually a problem for GM. I personally feel like GM must think they're much improved when they're simply isn't enough information out there with all the relaunched vehicles to support that. The quality of the parts you can see and feel are up, but most of these new vehicles don't have 5 years behind them yet. I will never again buy a GM with an automatic transmission after the 4l60e and it's long list of problems. The complaints I'm constantly seeing on new GMs are related to GMs transmission programming, and after my 4l60e I just don't want to deal with all that again, but if you're only keeping it for a few years I think they will be fine. Saying goodbye to GMC trucks was hard and after the price increase on the camaro, I have to say GM is lucky the standard transmission in the Mustang seems to be a problem area. I hope all the hype is real and this doesn't turn into the all new f150 letdown. Warranty down, price up, and now the weight savings figures may be off.
Wareaglea5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 07:06 PM   #34
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
To clarify, small sized Cadillac vehicles are not selling as well as protected, primarily the ATS vehicle line, which happens to be built at the Lansing Grand River Assembly Plant. My opinion, it is a small car and for reasons unknown small cars are not as appealing to traditional Cadillac buyers as large vehicles.

But what do I know?

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 07:28 PM   #35
cyberbro

Drives: Not a Camaro at this time
The whole thing of a long powertrain is mostly smoke and mirrors anyway, It's not the powertrain that goes to crap these days it's all the electronics and the stuff thats not part of the powertrain.
2000 9/22/15 (Order changed)

2016 2SS With Auto, NPP, MRC, Nav, Split 5 Spoke Bright Aluminum.
cyberbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 07:40 PM   #36
Rocco70
THE YETI

Drives: 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserO2Evils View Post
Why are you here, exactly???

We get it. You are pissed.
Can't be here because I speak my mind and I'm disappointed with gm. I didn't know I had to be like gm is so awesome everything they do is great. Love the car hate what there doing with it and sales will show. When the price is write I'll buy if it's not I won't as for the warranty I can careless my 2011 has 22,000 miles but for other people it's a big deal and it should be.
Rocco70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 07:56 PM   #37
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
To clarify, small sized Cadillac vehicles are not selling as well as protected, primarily the ATS vehicle line, which happens to be built at the Lansing Grand River Assembly Plant. My opinion, it is a small car and for reasons unknown small cars are not as appealing to traditional Cadillac buyers as large vehicles.

But what do I know?

Laborsmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbro View Post
The whole thing of a long powertrain is mostly smoke and mirrors anyway, It's not the powertrain that goes to crap these days it's all the electronics and the stuff thats not part of the powertrain.
Agree to both.

Also if someone think GM autos are bad because of the 4L60, remember the 700r4? These days are long past. The new 6 and 8 speed units are very different animals. The ZF designs have been on the road for almost 10 years now. GM based their designs off a lot of their proven concepts. The world of autos has changed. The problem child nowadays is DCT units, in terms of reliability.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 02:28 PM   #38
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbro View Post
Aint that the truth. My current car is a 2009 VW GTI with ~ 70k mi. While it is a pretty nice car the damn thing is turning into a money pit. ABS Sensor just failed ($1000 repair). The damn power moon roof opens and closes randomly for no apparent reason. Both passenger power door locks have failed. (many other parts failures that have cost a lot of money)

Done with this car and I'm definitely looking forward to placing my Camaro order.
GTIanZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 02:48 PM   #39
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
This is old news, as in March old, just like when that article was written.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 01:31 AM   #40
BigRedViking

Drives: 1987 IROC-Z 5.7L 2016 1SS M6 NGM
Send a message via Yahoo to BigRedViking
GM just wants fair market value for their product. They've proven that they make a solid vehicle. So, if you want the warranty you have to pay for it. Still it's a bummer though. I see a lot of dealerships covering vehicles for "double the factory warranty ", "free oil changes for life ", & "lifetime warranty ". How about other parts of the country? Is this trending? Cars have definitely gotten more dependable over the years, and I'm wondering if GM is pressing dealers to cover repairs.
BigRedViking is offline   Reply With Quote