#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-15-2015, 08:29 AM   #29
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
I honestly think the GT will be cool as hell. But they cut their potential market in half by removing 2 cylinders. Guarantee it.
Perhaps. Personally I would prefer a lower sitting engine in a car like that to get better rearward vision and have a lower center of gravity, but who can argue with 600+ HP? It's going to be bada** with that much power and they may pick up some sales in Europe that wouldn't have. Time will tell, but I don't think it will sale large volumes anyway.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:35 AM   #30
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
I honestly think the GT will be cool as hell. But they cut their potential market in half by removing 2 cylinders. Guarantee it.
Considering they're only really worried about selling enough to meet production requirements for LeMans...I do not think market share was their primary concern.

There is the potential, at some point, for a lower priced, V8 powered GT made more out of aluminum instead of carbon fiber, but that is all speculative.

People *must* understand this. They used a proven race engine (it's been in the Daytona series for a long while now) and selected it for power to weight ratio, to meet class requirements at LeMans (LMGTE) and endurance.

The last GT was meant to celebrate Fords centennial and to be snarky to Ferrari, but not to race. This GT was designed to race and win...while still being snarky to Ferrari.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 09:34 AM   #31
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
I agree with both of you....Hmm, that never happens on Camaro5.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:45 AM   #32
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Who cares because we all have the luxury of getting a killer V8 right now! So if you want one, get it now!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 09:52 AM   #33
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Perhaps. Personally I would prefer a lower sitting engine in a car like that to get better rearward vision and have a lower center of gravity, but who can argue with 600+ HP? It's going to be bada** with that much power and they may pick up some sales in Europe that wouldn't have. Time will tell, but I don't think it will sale large volumes anyway.
Well if I wanted a 600HP bada## car ! I'll go get a GT500 ,Hellcat Challenger, or Corvette because those give the best of both worlds, the V8 sound and performance! Oh , and looks because the Ford GT isn't even close to being as good looking to me ! As the GT500 , Hellcat challenger or Corvette!
Old 01-15-2015, 10:20 AM   #34
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Well if I wanted a 600HP bada## car ! I'll go get a GT500 ,Hellcat Challenger, or Corvette because those give the best of both worlds, the V8 sound and performance! Oh , and looks because the Ford GT isn't even close to being as good looking to me ! As the GT500 , Hellcat challenger or Corvette!
To each his own. Different classes of cars with different target markets. I personally think the GT looks amazing and sounds great.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:34 AM   #35

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I enjoy watching the GT/Formula car races etc.,....Hard for me to tell which kind of car is which...lol...but they are all amazing fetes of engineering regardless of how many cylinders they have...

I was intrigued by this one class of cars (GT/Formula type), sorry can't remember exactly what it's called, but it was made up of experimental, futuristic, prototype, alternative powered, three-wheeled (lol) cars that raced and hauled ass...

The future of engineering is definitely in smaller, lighter weight, highly engineered, etc., engines...I see nothing "wrong" with this v-6....In fact, it will probably be the big-gun oversized engine before too long...

It always struck me as fascinating how no matter what fuel amounts, power limits, engine size restrictions, weight limits, etc,. they put on these race cars that somehow the boys always build amazing machines that fit the requirements....

My point is, as long as this keeps happening, I think the regulators see no reason to relax any café or fuel mileage requirements in the future as long as race teams and engineers can build these fuel-sipping, high performance machines...

Just a random observation....the future of cars is definitely seen at the race-track, and the v-6 is top-dog....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 11:25 AM   #36
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
To each his own. Different classes of cars with different target markets. I personally think the GT looks amazing and sounds great.
Even, better than the new Nissan NSX? I feel like the Nissan NSX kills it , in looks , even though it looks like a Audi R8 to me alot! And the Nissan titan is killing all of the new trucks in looks! Lol.... Darn Nissan!
Old 01-15-2015, 11:43 AM   #37
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
First of all its an Acura NSX, second of all the Titan is hideous.

Just a quick question, were you ever taught the difference between the proper use of a period (.) and an exclamation point (!) ? Or do you really yell all your sentences?
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 12:17 PM   #38
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilirg View Post
First of all its an Acura NSX, second of all the Titan is hideous.

Just a quick question, were you ever taught the difference between the proper use of a period (.) and an exclamation point (!) ? Or do you really yell all your sentences?
Uh, lol.... Calm down ! Only human! You knew what I was talking about so no need for the argument! And please! We all type differently when on this forum! You need to grow up ! And realize that we are grown ppl that don't need to watch out for every period when we are writing on this forum! What waste of my time!
Old 01-15-2015, 12:50 PM   #39
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Even, better than the new Nissan NSX? I feel like the Nissan NSX kills it , in looks , even though it looks like a Audi R8 to me alot! And the Nissan titan is killing all of the new trucks in looks! Lol.... Darn Nissan!
I like the looks of lots of cars. I really have never seen it as an either/or proposition. That's especially true for cars I will never own.
Old 01-15-2015, 01:12 PM   #40
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
I like the looks of lots of cars. I really have never seen it as an either/or proposition. That's especially true for cars I will never own.
Oh , alright! And you never know because you could own any car tomorrow. But I know that I didn't hesitate to pick my 2013 V6 over a 2013 V8 mustang!
Old 01-15-2015, 01:19 PM   #41
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOBBS View Post
The ultimate goal of the CAFE regulations is not to simply kill off the V8s but the entire concept of the petroleum fueled internal combustion engine. Barring a major swing in the political climate, 2018 is when the requirements escalate and the big trouble starts. The V8-V12s will be the first to fall and eventually so will the boosted 6s and probably 4s. Sorry, there is a large bloc of environmental lawmakers that do not want anyone driving for most any reason much less pleasure. They view the automobile with as much passion as they would a toaster or a fridge. Quit voting them in. It's obvious from the sales stats that these moves are not market driven.

That's a bit hyperbolic. And the controversial article is false, no need for any tinfoil hats.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 02:06 AM   #42
detroit_thumper

Drives: 2003 SVT Cobra
Well this is a throwaway account but just a heads up I work for Ford at the Essex Plant at Ontario and now I am at Flat Rock. Currently on paid leave out here in California but I digress. I dont have ALL the facts, but I will say this: there is more truth to that HPK article than you or I want to believe. What is interesting is some people have been let go from Dearborn in recent weeks and months over leaked information regarding upcoming Ford Vehicles. HPK has nailed it on info about the new Raptor (several months before release they reported ecoboost v6 powerplant) and the Ford GT being ecoboost. I dont know if the job releases are related to any of these 'interesting' articles, but it is worth noting. Again I dont have all the facts but there is alot of hush-hush lately about the Coyote program and FPC - as in I mean there have been recent (dramatic) changes with the tooling, etc. I dont know for sure what is happening but I have been hearing through grapevine that Ford is trying desperately to win over the diehards with these high-powered Ecoboost motors and they are really pushing them hard.

I also heard that engineers were working hard on a 5.0TT for the Ford GT but their funding was cut mid project and they had to return to the project later on with a higher HP V6 TT. Not saying this is absolute truth but thats the word. What is interesting is I just heard a interview with the lead designer of the Ford GT (its on YouTube if somebody wants to find it) and he said something along the lines of Engineers were pulled off the project for awhile which was strange and only the design team was working on the car, and by the time they came back it was an entire new powertrain.

Take it for what its worth, Im just relaying what I have been hearing. One thing I know for certain is there has certainly been a change of pace back home in Detroit in these recent months and alot of quiet movement. Things are just different lately. People are being let go, new people are coming on that appear to be foreign (European?) etc. Just a heads up. Take care guys BTW love the new Z/28
detroit_thumper is offline   Reply With Quote