Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-24-2009, 12:32 AM   #29
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Some of the new car alarms have camera and wireless. Sends pics to a folder on your pc and you can even talk into the cabin. I think one had a 2 way pager with an OLED screen that shows status and also inside cabin pics.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:39 AM   #30
Lauryn200
I Pity The Fool

Drives: Jeep Wrangler '06 & VW GTI 09
For wife of hubby who had a ding on his door
Name:  learnhowtopark.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  31.2 KB

Feel free to print and put in glove compartment for moments like this...
Lauryn200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:06 AM   #31
BlueMarlin
phi alpha

Drives: 2005 GMC Envoy
Heres what you do. You're going to need 1 roll of duct tape, 1 bottle of mace, a stun gun that runs about 2,500,000 volts (yes these hand held electric chairs do exist), 8 coat hangers, some motion detectors (expensive, just borrow them from your neighbors garage door track) and some wiring that can be ripped out of any home appliance. You're going to attach the sensors to the front and back of the car and hardwire them into the locking mechanism. When your car is locked and someone trips one of the sensors, your coat hangars (conveniently placed along your front and rear axles) will conduct the stun gun electricity. When someone tries to take your wheels, they are instantly shocked with a miniature defibrillator and you can run outside and mace them as they twitch.

Other things to keep handy in the glovebox; plastic zipcuffs, a tactical baton, a yellow pages phone book, (in case they get rowdy), a camaro SS logo with a handle that doubles as a brand, a small pet scorpion and a shady handgun with the serial numbers filed off.

After your would be camaro attacker has been detained, maimed, assaulted in multiple ways and branded with the the logo of Super Sport on the forehead, no one will ever, ever touch your baby again. You can go ahead and give yourself a pat on the back for that.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:14 AM   #32
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
There also is that underbody kit that's hot right now I forget the brand and model. It's got an alarm wire so when alarm goes of. Egg hits.. LED's under, inside cabin, in wheel wells all flash red as well as the siren(s) and parking lights.

Overkill? perhaps...
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 02:11 AM   #33
Blackend SS
Mauricio

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black!
its crap like this that makes me glad i have a garage. Haters I tell you man!
Old 07-24-2009, 02:21 AM   #34
Paperer
Ragin' Cajun

Drives: '02 Camaro SS - '10 CGM 2SS/RS
Realistically, there isn't much you can do. They may do it again after they see you've cleaned it all up. Just set up base camp and hold the fort.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:26 AM   #35
franchise99

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMarlin View Post
Heres what you do. You're going to need 1 roll of duct tape, 1 bottle of mace, a stun gun that runs about 2,500,000 volts (yes these hand held electric chairs do exist), 8 coat hangers, some motion detectors (expensive, just borrow them from your neighbors garage door track) and some wiring that can be ripped out of any home appliance. You're going to attach the sensors to the front and back of the car and hardwire them into the locking mechanism. When your car is locked and someone trips one of the sensors, your coat hangars (conveniently placed along your front and rear axles) will conduct the stun gun electricity. When someone tries to take your wheels, they are instantly shocked with a miniature defibrillator and you can run outside and mace them as they twitch.

Other things to keep handy in the glovebox; plastic zipcuffs, a tactical baton, a yellow pages phone book, (in case they get rowdy), a camaro SS logo with a handle that doubles as a brand, a small pet scorpion and a shady handgun with the serial numbers filed off.

After your would be camaro attacker has been detained, maimed, assaulted in multiple ways and branded with the the logo of Super Sport on the forehead, no one will ever, ever touch your baby again. You can go ahead and give yourself a pat on the back for that.
franchise99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 06:00 AM   #36
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
I'm so worried about this kind of thing happening. I don't have a garage and I live in an area that isn't the greatest. Plus it's very close to a high school known for "low performers"I was worried when I got my CTS but for over a year haven't had any issues. I left my motorcycle out front overnight and through the day while at work once and when I got back to it I noticed a gash in the metal near the key where someone apparently tried to steal it. Now that I'm buying a bright orange car I don't know how much negative attention I'll be attracting.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 07:43 AM   #37
rudack
Rudack

Drives: ABM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to rudack Send a message via MSN to rudack
Nothing a few cameras and a shotgun couldn’t fix!
ABM 2SS/RS #33390
rudack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:25 AM   #38
wbarry

Drives: 2010 Victory Red RS
Back in the 80's when I had my other new Camaro I parked out far away from all other cars at a restaurant we went to for breakfast after work. I came out to fine out the whole side of the car bashed in. Somebody went out of their way to do because it was parked by its lonesome. Some people just don't like other people having nice things because they can't.
wbarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:07 AM   #39
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Use the garage..or use a conventional weapon of choice.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:14 AM   #40
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67camaro99 View Post
2 way paging? By the time you get to your door... they have driven away... pricks! that are Jealous, is all I can think off
fireresq157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:15 AM   #41
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
I'm so worried about this kind of thing happening. I don't have a garage and I live in an area that isn't the greatest. Plus it's very close to a high school known for "low performers"I was worried when I got my CTS but for over a year haven't had any issues. I left my motorcycle out front overnight and through the day while at work once and when I got back to it I noticed a gash in the metal near the key where someone apparently tried to steal it. Now that I'm buying a bright orange car I don't know how much negative attention I'll be attracting.
Sounds like you need to move.
fireresq157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:56 AM   #42
len56

Drives: 2010, or 2011 Yellow Camaro2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0uz View Post
Kids probably wanted to see if the car transforms like bumblebee.. and turns out it didnt.

those damn vandalizers.
it would be better if the car did transform like bumblebee

*throws egg*
*various metal/electric motor sounds*
*turbine whine* (from cannon)
HOLY SHI-
*BLAM*
*transforms back*
len56 is offline   Reply With Quote