#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 06-27-2012, 05:34 AM   #29
Vaux96

Drives: 45th 2SS LS3, 05 Ram 1500 SLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9072SS/RS View Post
BTW sucks driving a camaro because it draws alot of attention (especially from the "man")
No it doesn't. Breaking the law does.

BTW, the OP's story on this doesn't seem to add up right.
Vaux96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:28 AM   #30
ROBOSSRS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9072SS/RS View Post
The whole demeanor of the officer driving far below the speed limit and im not sure because you did not state it but you obviously caught his attention......what was your speed before you came into his view? If the officer was indeed going only 15 -20 in a 35mph zone and you followed him for a whole mile, you had the chance to pass him in a safe fashion during that "one mile" him unless you were in a double yellow...so im sure you were alittle frustrated at that moment (i know i would be) and dropping into 1st gear usually means your going to hammer down the throttle down> so excessive speed like that shows alittle aggression and if i was a cop i would stopped you too. Best of luck if you fight it, i know if it happened here in alaska you would have a hard time beating it based on that move you did, undercover cop or just the soccer mom you probably thought was driving you had plenty of time to pass in a safe manner. BTW sucks driving a camaro because it draws alot of attention (especially from the "man")
A little off the subject, but in PA , passing on a double yellow is illegal if it is posted no passing. If is not posted no passing you may pass if it is safe to pass. A real estate agent was late to our closing for our house. She told me where she was coming from and said traffic was moving very slowly. She told me it was a double yellow line and she could not pass. I told her she could, because it was not posted do not pass. Of course she did not believe me, so I told her to call the state police and ask them. They verified what I was saying. In my forty years driving I think I have done it twice. Hence other states may be the same.
ROBOSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:24 AM   #31
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaux96 View Post
No it doesn't. Breaking the law does.

BTW, the OP's story on this doesn't seem to add up right.

Right!! just from someone on the job..... the type of car really doesn't matter.... I could care less if you in a '12 Corvette or a 1980 Cutlass Cruiser Station wagon....if your going down the road at 80 in a 55 I'm gonna stop ya and 99% of the time you are both getting a ticket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBOSSRS View Post
A little off the subject, but in PA , passing on a double yellow is illegal if it is posted no passing. If is not posted no passing you may pass if it is safe to pass. A real estate agent was late to our closing for our house. She told me where she was coming from and said traffic was moving very slowly. She told me it was a double yellow line and she could not pass. I told her she could, because it was not posted do not pass. Of course she did not believe me, so I told her to call the state police and ask them. They verified what I was saying. In my forty years driving I think I have done it twice. Hence other states may be the same.
Yeah, I am very surprised at that one....... it doesn't work that way here in DE I can assure you.

Update....by the way their statute is written especially Sec 3307...you/they were misinformed....its signs and or markings....and a solid double line indicates that the conditions are not safe to allow passing left of center in either direction. they could have called the police and gotten an untrained dispatcher instead of someone versed in traffic law

Last edited by SILVERHAWK; 06-27-2012 at 08:40 AM.
SILVERHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:34 AM   #32
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Don't like to lock threads if everyone can get along...and so far, everyone for the most part is being pretty cool. I like to have conversations about this type of stuff too. Just like to have conversations where rational people can converse...and not begin to throw out all the crap they hate about officers.

Being respectful to anyone, no matter what profession, race, sex, financial status, etc etc etc can go a long way....
That is good. I just learned long ago that it's one's word against the officer's. We all should know if we are "honestly" in the wrong. I have been ticketed in the past and I acknowledge that I was indeed breaking a driving rule. I been fortunate enough to have never been wrongfully accused of breaking a law. Officers are out there to keep our streets safe and they too are human and make mistakes sometimes.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:34 AM   #33
SILVERHAWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal SS View Post
OP, if you're like me, you will get a half a dozen (or more) letters from traffic lawyers very soon!

Sorry, to get totally off the subject but I just noticed the bottom grill of your car in your sig......

thats !!!!
Old 06-27-2012, 10:12 AM   #34
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
If this story is true, yes go to court. I see you are in Florida. I use to live there and dated a cop while I was there. In Florida the cop must produce proof you were speeding. I know some states do not require this but Florida does. 2 ways they do this. 1 is a radar/laser gun of course another is they will match your speed for a mile or so for an estimation. The fact that you were behind him, I guess that means he was doing this reckless speed too (smartass tone here) or hes full of it.

I usually side with the LEOs bc most of these stories are people who just got caught but if your story is true, then thats messed up and you need to fight it. And dont think the cop wont show up bc he will. They can lose their job and be held in contempt if they dont show.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:56 AM   #35
Brutal SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERHAWK View Post
Sorry, to get totally off the subject but I just noticed the bottom grill of your car in your sig......

thats !!!!
Thanks Silverhawk!
Old 06-28-2012, 12:27 PM   #36
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Ask yourself this:

Was it absolutely necessary to drop into first gear and punch it?

That's not an excuse on damp roadways to punch the accelerator to go around a person. Were there painted dual yellow lines down the center of the road? These mean no passing. Period. If someone comes to a full stop in the middle of the road, legally all you can do is honk.

I'm curious to see what comes of this, though.

False, you are allowed to pass on dual yellow lines if it is needed for safety. A vehicle going more than 10 mph under the limit is obstructing traffic and you are therefore able to pass (once it is reasonably safe to do so).
Old 06-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #37
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
False, you are allowed to pass on dual yellow lines if it is needed for safety. A vehicle going more than 10 mph under the limit is obstructing traffic and you are therefore able to pass (once it is reasonably safe to do so).
I'm not sure how the traffic code is written in Iowa, but this is the first time I have ever heard something like this.

I would be curious to see the actual code in the book that allows for this provision...

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #38
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Quote:
I do not know of any state that allows you to pass when there are double yellow lines for any reason.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:15 PM   #39
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyroger View Post
I do not know of any state that allows you to pass when there are double yellow lines for any reason.
As I said, if a vehicle is travelling slow enough, it is more dangerous to remain behind it than it is to quickly and safely pass it. This is common sense...
Old 06-28-2012, 03:18 PM   #40
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Well, "common sense" and what's legal can sometimes be two different things

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:19 PM   #41
Brokinarrow

Fair enough. Ok, so question is: WERE there double yellow lines on this road, or was it unmarked?
Old 06-28-2012, 03:20 PM   #42
SILVERHAWK

Quote:

Yeah, that isn't the way our law is written either.... what they do is...the person who is traveling on a roadway where passing is not permitted yield and pull over if 5 vehicles are lines up behind it at a pace slower than the normal flow of traffic.

Now I will say it is sort of "acceptable" here that when farm equipment or the Amish are riding buggies on the road that you pass them when its safe but really you aren't supposed to go over the double yellow unless you are making a turning movement but not a pass.

The way I was always told was....if you have to cross two solid lines in the road to make a movement you shouldn't be doing it unless you a turning.....true with double yellow and painted islands.