#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-15-2010, 10:28 AM   #29
oachalon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
DID it came with 2 mail boxes ,or it was an mod ????
dealer add on. Very high quality and a nice install.
oachalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:02 AM   #30
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
UGH that's exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for... just need the monies! GJ OP!
TommyTSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:15 AM   #31
klatterblast

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ssrs blk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackknight View Post
So a few days ago i was browsing Cars.com looking for a cheap winter vehicle to drive to and from work. Well i came across a sharp little Dodge Dakota Sport. So I called up the dealer and asked if it was still around. It, was so i took a drive and test drove the truck.

Its a 97 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab, 4x4, 5.2L V8, 4 speed auto. Drives good. has 129k miles on it. Not a bad little truck. 4 wheel drive works great. I tested it out on the dealers "offroad" patch behind their building. It has a little bit of rust on it but nothing too terrible. its got BFG A/T tires that look pretty damn new. So its all ready for winter. Im gonna have all the fluids replaced next weekend just as a precaution and then itll be DD for the most part.

So i slept on it and then yesterday I decided I wanted to buy it. Got a good price too. So heres to the pic!
man i would not get that especialy w/that many miles on it about time when everything needs replacing, i had the 97 dakota w/v8 the motor is great but everything else will fail , the ac condenser,evaporator,dryer,heater core,had to pull the whole dash out ,what a nightmare,3 water pumps,2 starters,2 alternators,2 clutch's, all failed, its a dodge no way will i ever get another one. the very best vehicle i have ever owned is the one i have now is my 97 ford f250 7.3 powerstroke turbo diesel w/190,000 miles on it, you cant kill it, i gave $5000 for it 3 years ago and i have had quite a few vehicles im 52.
Attached Images

Magnuson TVS2300,ported heads,cam,Hotchkis suspension. Weld 17”s, Mickey Thompson’s.

Last edited by klatterblast; 11-15-2010 at 11:32 AM.
klatterblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:47 PM   #32
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
97-04; my favorite body year for the Dakotas. Almost had a 5.2L 4x4 single cab as a first truck but it was 2K over our budget. Still regret not getting it because I'd probably still be driving it today as a DD with the T/A having nappy time in the winter.

I've yet to rationalize purchasing a second vehicle for DD purposes.. so the T/A is going to be a winter driver.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:11 PM   #33
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by klatterblast View Post
man i would not get that especialy w/that many miles on it about time when everything needs replacing, i had the 97 dakota w/v8 the motor is great but everything else will fail , the ac condenser,evaporator,dryer,heater core,had to pull the whole dash out ,what a nightmare,3 water pumps,2 starters,2 alternators,2 clutch's, all failed, its a dodge no way will i ever get another one. the very best vehicle i have ever owned is the one i have now is my 97 ford f250 7.3 powerstroke turbo diesel w/190,000 miles on it, you cant kill it, i gave $5000 for it 3 years ago and i have had quite a few vehicles im 52.
Actually that is unusual as these trucks are generally rock solid (min 01 has 163k miles, not origional motor (4.7 swapped for 4.7 high output), but origional transmission and clutch just replaced at 160k miles. AC still blows cold, heat is hot, LOVE IT. Brother also has a 99 R/T, but there isn't much stock on it, started with the 426 stroker motor and built transmission

To the op, you will love that truck, well, except for the fuel mileage
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:19 PM   #34
aldaron327
Onward and Upward.

Drives: '13 Equinox LTZ AWD,'09 Silverado
Send a message via MSN to aldaron327 Send a message via Yahoo to aldaron327
I just picked up a set of winter tires and a set of wheels off of another forum member, so I too will be driving through whatever snow we get out here. I did, however see a Jeep this afternoon while driving off post that peaked my interest. I may go look at it just to see, but I'd have a TON of convincing to do with my wife since I just dropped the cash on some Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snows and another set of wheels for my SS. If it gets too bad, I'll drive my Silverado and not bat an eyelash for it.
MODS: CAI by CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-Back, DBA 5000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Front), Hawk HPS Pads, Russell Braided Brake Lines, DBA 4000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Rear), Barton Short-Throw Shifter, UM Comp Extractor Hood & Gen I Spoiler, custom paint
aldaron327 is offline   Reply With Quote