Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 03-10-2016, 05:06 PM   #29
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
The thread over at Camaro6 devolved into a really bitter series of complaints about the 5th gen overall, as per usual. Complaints about the interior of the car somehow also made it into a discussion that was originally centered around lap times, however the heck that makes sense.

I think a lot of people are upset that Al O promised the stock 6th gen SS would match or best the 5th gen 1LE. I thought this was a really big claim, and it turns out not to be true. Randy Pobst was the driver for both of these cars, so for all intents and purposes, it was a fair comparison.

I really want to find a used 5th gen 1LE. This just shows what am amazing value they were and still are. When the 6th gen 1LE come outs, it will almost definitely beat it but at a substantially higher cost. I rather pay $30k for a used 2013 2SS 1LE than $50k for a 2016 1SS 1LE.(2SS isn't being offered.)
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 05:32 PM   #30
Chris1SS1LE

Drives: 2014 Camaro Red Hot 1LE NPP Recaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveZ28 View Post
R. Pobst drove the 6th gen Camaro SS and the BMW for the Motor Trend article.

From the article: "We had Randy Pobst lap each around the Streets of Willow: 1:22.94 for the BMW, 1:23.15 for the Chevy."

Also, "You Ford fans? The new Mustang GT takes 1:24.32."
1:22.73 by randy P-BOY in the 5th gen 1LE

Beats the piss out of the new mustang GT is awesome and keeping our little brother in line the 6th gen with gods gift the MRC did 1:23.15, Bonus took down the M model too.

This is the best Birthday present ever

Now all the people on the fence are going to be searching cars.com for the last of the new 1LE's 5th gens.

Because the 2017 1LE according to GMauthority comes with MRC, Recaro's standard so it will be close to $50k not including ADM now. My little 1LE 1SS NPP, recaro's for $35k was grand theft auto
Chris1SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 05:37 PM   #31
Chris1SS1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuJass View Post
I just threw my spoon into the pot you cooked up.

Tee hee hee.
Where is it posted?
Old 03-10-2016, 05:44 PM   #32
HuJass

Drives: GM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1SS1LE View Post
Where is it posted?
It was the 2nd post of the thread.
2004 Colorado ZQ8
2002 Trans Am WS6 Collector Edition
1999 Blazer
1994 Grand Prix SE B4U
HuJass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 05:58 PM   #33
Chris1SS1LE

So they believe al O and GM marketing more then factual data. So I guess their ancestors were the ones who believed the world was flat too.

Wait it is just a normal SS 2016 with MRC. What happened to all their threads how MRC was like Z28 touch by the hands of gawd.

Different day is horse shit, if the GT350 posted slower numbers on a different day then the Ss 6th gen, they all would breaking orgasm over there.

That is right this big fat tub of lard, with cave like viewing, Jenny Craig Love machine, kicked your petite, lightweight, more hp, ass all up and down the streets of willow.

6th Gen might be Gigi Hadeed

5th Gen 1LE is Kate Upton
Old 03-10-2016, 06:08 PM   #34
HuJass

The thing is, we were just screwing around, good natured ribbing, having fun.
Some of the people over there thought we were serious and got butt hurt.

I think most of us over here realize that the 6th gen is better dynamically. The '17 1LE will be an animal. Stock to stock, a 5th 1LE won't be able to keep up to it.

So let's not gloat too much.

But one thing is for sure, our cars are MUCH better looking.
2004 Colorado ZQ8
1999 Blazer
1994 Grand Prix SE B4U
Old 03-10-2016, 06:11 PM   #35
RaceFuel

Drives: A boring sedan
The issue with the 6th Gen crowd is it seems like they're incredibly insecure. If a comparison, head to head or review doesn't offer universal praise then they immediately rip it to shreds. It's like they think there can be no other car that deserves praise other than the 2016+ Camaro.
Old 03-10-2016, 06:15 PM   #36
Chris1SS1LE

Quote:

I think most of us over here realize that the 6th gen is better dynamically. The '17 1LE will be an animal. Stock to stock, a 5th 1LE won't be able to keep up to it.

Well we can because '17 1LE is going to be as much as a base stingray. if I could afford $50k car that opens the door to a lot of used things I would want a lot more.

$15k difference, I could do a turbo kit, full Z28 suspension and aero, or 454 stroker etc.

We got the the best bang for the buck ever, Since most of use are CAI, and exhaust mods we are all making about equal power to the 6th gen. Plus my Recaro's kick a 6th gen seats all day long
Old 03-10-2016, 06:24 PM   #37
Chris1SS1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceFuel View Post
The issue with the 6th Gen crowd is it seems like they're incredibly insecure. If a comparison, head to head or review doesn't offer universal praise then they immediately rip it to shreds. It's like they think there can be no other car that deserves praise other than the 2016+ Camaro.
I been watching the GT350 threads because a friend order one. They are the same way, my favorite is they expect the build quality to be like BMW or GTR or Porsche, but they don't understand that hertz rental car V6 and their godly GT350 share the same factory.

V6 mu
stang has crappy body gaps, GT350 with $20k adm mark up has same crappy body gaps.

They need to forget looks and form, remember it was built to go fast as cheap as they could make it. Just like the 5th gen 1LE

When I see threads in here and 6th gen 1Le forum talking about Sunroofs, seat materials, floor mats, LED lights, etc. it blows my mind. It was not built by a bunch gm engineers who all own Honda civics with Led's , slammed on the ground, with lambo doors, big stereos,

It was a group of guys who wanted to sell a track test car mule to the public so they could kick Porsche GT3, BMW M cars, and Boss 302's in the nuts on a McDonald employee's salary.

If they wanted to sell a refined track toy with all the toys, well they did it is called a Cadillac CTSv or a ZL1.

I hope the '17 1LE is better, with all the extras it better lay down Z28 times, but we will see. Its getting more about looky looky, then hooky hooky
Old 03-10-2016, 06:37 PM   #38
HogsFan75

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE
Funny stuff.
Personally I'm very very happy that I bought my 2015 1LE instead of waiting for the 2017 at this point.

Based on the prices of the 2016 SS's, I can't imagine that the 6th gen 1LE is going to be any less than $55,000. I base that after configuring some 16's on chevy.com and being blown away by the price before dealer markup.

The 6th gens are impressive performance wise. I'll give them that. I just hate the looks of the back half, and I hate the price.
HogsFan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 06:48 PM   #39
Chris1SS1LE

I was just talking to a friend about it and we feel that Camaro team debuted a 1LE pretty quick even before GT350 was coming out. I bet they knew that the 6G was not as quick on average then a 5th Gen 1LE. They built a great yard stick just they thought it was made of wood, except it is titanium. Now they have to beat themselves to take it to next level without going to high money wise. I think that is why the V6 1Le was born, they knew the ss 1LE was going to be high priced. to keep the loyal middle class Camaro happy they had to make a price friendly unit.

Also they had to make something better than the Z28 performance to beat the GT350. I think the next 1LE will be a bad boy, but it is bad boy money.
Old 03-10-2016, 07:37 PM   #40
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
I post on Camaro6 more often than this forum at this point just to keep up on news and discussions. I can say for sure that a very large amount of new 6th gen owners are very insecure and are very outspoken to the point where they attack any small comment about how the 5th gen may have been better in the slightest aspect, whether it's lap times, monthly sales figures, or trunk space capacity. It's also understandable to some extent though because you're dealing with a user base made up almost entirely of early adopters who paid a pretty large sum of money (some taking out long term loans) for a car that's had a lot of production issues at this point. Eventually, you will get users who aren't quite so die-hard and who were willing to wait to buy a used or later model year car. The quality control issues will gradually be fixed and some stress will subside. All this takes time.

We all know that the 6th gen is a better platform that's needed to scale for the future. However, as with many things, the last model years of an outgoing generation can often be better than the newest model years of an incoming generation. As of right now, the 5th gen 1LE is a steal and a very good option for anybody looking to track their car. People on Camaro6 really hate to admit this. However, it's not like we're saying that the 6th gen won't be a more appealing offer over time. They really just don't give any concessions to the 5th gen at all as if it's a car built 20-30 years ago with substandard manufacturing. It's a little disturbing.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:14 PM   #41
HuJass

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
I post on Camaro6 more often than this forum at this point just to keep up on news and discussions. I can say for sure that a very large amount of new 6th gen owners are very insecure and are very outspoken to the point where they attack any small comment about how the 5th gen may have been better in the slightest aspect, whether it's lap times, monthly sales figures, or trunk space capacity. It's also understandable to some extent though because you're dealing with a user base made up almost entirely of early adopters who paid a pretty large sum of money (some taking out long term loans) for a car that's had a lot of production issues at this point. Eventually, you will get users who aren't quite so die-hard and who were willing to wait to buy a used or later model year car. The quality control issues will gradually be fixed and some stress will subside. All this takes time.

We all know that the 6th gen is a better platform that's needed to scale for the future. However, as with many things, the last model years of an outgoing generation can often be better than the newest model years of an incoming generation. As of right now, the 5th gen 1LE is a steal and a very good option for anybody looking to track their car. People on Camaro6 really hate to admit this. However, it's not like we're saying that the 6th gen won't be a more appealing offer over time. They really just don't give any concessions to the 5th gen at all as if it's a car built 20-30 years ago with substandard manufacturing. It's a little disturbing.
Good analysis.
2004 Colorado ZQ8
1999 Blazer
1994 Grand Prix SE B4U
Old 03-10-2016, 08:15 PM   #42
PapaKlutch

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1SS1LE View Post
1:22.73 by randy P-BOY in the 5th gen 1LE

Beats the piss out of the new mustang GT is awesome and keeping our little brother in line the 6th gen with gods gift the MRC did 1:23.15, Bonus took down the M model too.

This is the best Birthday present ever

Now all the people on the fence are going to be searching cars.com for the last of the new 1LE's 5th gens.

Because the 2017 1LE according to GMauthority comes with MRC, Recaro's standard so it will be close to $50k not including ADM now. My little 1LE 1SS NPP, recaro's for $35k was grand theft auto
Yes! The 5th Gen 1LE was an AMAZING deal.

Quote:

I test drove a 1LE on the day of the 6th gen reveal last May. I came home from my 1LE test drive and checked out the videos and photos of the new car and choked on the new exterior. Dislike! I'll never buy one. Don't care that the platform, etc. is awesome....the exterior is a big turn off for me.