Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-11-2014, 10:53 PM   #29
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Replace it with one of these.
http://www.donmar.com/sunroofs/fold.htm
Old 02-12-2014, 05:29 AM   #30
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Wow, that's a great idea.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:38 AM   #31
revived
Vrrrm.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
This car has tons of room, just not a lot of headroom.

Ever notice how they made the seat adjustment go so low to the floor that the ride is almost rough on the butt when fully lowered compared to raised just slightly?

I don't have a sunroof didn't really like the look.

revived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:49 AM   #32
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Scrunch down...
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:14 AM   #33
AG1LE

Drives: '14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
AG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:15 AM   #34
AG1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Scrunch down...
That would be a temporary solution, along with laying the seat almost all the way back...but it's hard to really enjoy a road course (or perform well...these go hand-in-hand really) if uncomfortable the whole time.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:25 AM   #35
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMWNERW View Post
That would be a temporary solution, along with laying the seat almost all the way back...but it's hard to really enjoy a road course (or perform well...these go hand-in-hand really) if uncomfortable the whole time.
Yeah. Sorry. That's all I've got.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:26 AM   #36
AG1LE

So...here's where we stand...

- Nobody seems to have actually done a "sunroof delete", or has modified the roof liner to improve headspace. Nathan Moreno's thread shows pictures of replacing the stock roof with a CF roof...that's the closest I've found so-far, and I don't know yet how much that CF roof (or installation) will cost (unpainted stock roof with parts seems to be ~$1700).

- Swapping the stock seat for a low-sitting performance seat on race day, then swapping back, seems to be the most cost effective and practical approach (and keeping the sunroof is a win-win). I need to know more about the practical implementation of this approach (i.e. seat brackets that will work for both stock and recaro/sparco, and allow swapping seats back and forth on a semi-regular basis?)

Thanks everyone - I welcome additional comments
Old 02-12-2014, 08:09 AM   #37
Padre
Only drives on Sundays

Drives: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC NGray
Each brand of race seat has their own bracket. Once you attach them, there's no reason to remove them. Plus, you couldn't remove the seat with the bracket still on the floor anyway, not possible.

Removing the seat is built around removing the bracket from the floor, and it is literally a one-two process.

Padre

OLD HOTNESS: The "Heretic": '11 2SS/RS L99 A6 Black/Inferno. Build Journal, Videos
D1SC GT9 JBA-LT = 720/680 | 10.330 @ 133.61, 1.546 sixty... Camaro King at ECS V, Darlington.
NEW HOTNESS: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC. Bone Stock, 1/8th: 8.051 @ 89.44, 1.919
Padre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:12 AM   #38
AG1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre View Post
Each brand of race seat has their own bracket. Once you attach them, there's no reason to remove them. Plus, you couldn't remove the seat with the bracket still on the floor anyway, not possible.

Removing the seat is built around removing the bracket from the floor, and it is literally a one-two process.

Padre
Ok, thanks - I missed that detail...so I would be swapping out the seat+bracket
Old 02-12-2014, 08:50 AM   #39
jdsblueray2013

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2ssrs Blue Ray
Send a message via Yahoo to jdsblueray2013
You would be making a huge mistake, changing to a solid roof, and a ton of money. Get the lower seat, great idea, much better than wanting to cut, weld, grind, sand, primer, paint, etc.... I just cringe when I hear someone wanting to do something like that, LOWER SEAT, you'll be good, and on the track with a helmet, few bolts to unscrew that's it.
jdsblueray2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:06 PM   #40
1Slow6.2

Drives: 2013 1LE camaro
Nope I love my sunroof, especially on sunny days/moon lite nights, plus chick the sun roof or at least where I'm from..

Sent from the side view mirror.. While watching a ruststang fall back.. Ultimately just giving up
1Slow6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:09 PM   #41
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
Did you know that there is a vertical lever on the side of your seat and it will lower the height of the seat itself and it will raise it too. FYI.
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:05 PM   #42
Draven1327
Socal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS (KYORI)
JMWNERW mamooth .......could you send a pix of you guys in the driver seat like this??? i don't want to seem like a jerk or anything or am i calling you guys liars.....but i just don't understand.. you guys are about my size and i fit no problem with helmet in what i think is the correct position in a race course.

and by "correct position" i mean one that i can see well, reach the steering wheel comfortably, see out of the mirrors and shift easily. and i still have room to move my head around with a helmet on.

granted when i drive on the street i have the seat back tilted back low and "comfortable" for my long commute but i know we are talking control on the track....

and if we are both saying the seat is at its lowest, with the correct angle, roughly the same size men..... but i can fit with a helmet and you guys can barely fit without it .... i just very curious