Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-14-2023, 11:29 AM   #29
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaudio11 View Post
Thinking about switching my port injection controller if anybody is interested.
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=617868
Why are you switching away from the THPSI setup if you don’t mind my asking?
Old 07-14-2023, 03:22 PM   #30
jlaudio11

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
Why are you switching away from the THPSI setup if you don’t mind my asking?
I bought it for more than just the maf based port fueling. I wanted to control an auxiliary pump and control a mac valve for boost control. Things that were listed that it can do. I couldn't get it to work correctly. After contacting thp Mike informed me something changed in 2020+ that the can definition they were using to look up map no longer works. He sent me a new firmware that uses an analog input to see map. I have to splice off the 3 bar map sensor and send it to that input. Besides that I followed their original blog instructions for running a fuel pump and bought the wrong solid state relay based on their original image used. Overall Mike has been good to talk to, I'm just kind of over it. If I'm going to have to work around things, I would prefer do it with a system i'm more familiar with and know it in advance. If all you need is maf based port controller it'll work great, just don't think its the best fit for my setup.
'94 Camaro Z28 6mt cc306 cam, 4:10's, longtubes with x pipe, getting an engine rebuild
jlaudio11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 04:37 PM   #31
Joshinator99

Quote:
I bought it for more than just the maf based port fueling. I wanted to control an auxiliary pump and control a mac valve for boost control. Things that were listed that it can do. I couldn't get it to work correctly. After contacting thp Mike informed me something changed in 2020+ that the can definition they were using to look up map no longer works. He sent me a new firmware that uses an analog input to see map. I have to splice off the 3 bar map sensor and send it to that input. Besides that I followed their original blog instructions for running a fuel pump and bought the wrong solid state relay based on their original image used. Overall Mike has been good to talk to, I'm just kind of over it. If I'm going to have to work around things, I would prefer do it with a system i'm more familiar with and know it in advance. If all you need is maf based port controller it'll work great, just don't think its the best fit for my setup.
Gotcha! I’ve been thinking about the Reflex too but once you start making big power, it’s not just about the fueling anymore. Control of aux pumps, boost by gear, traction control, etc all becomes important and you want to control that stuff too. I know Mike is getting more and more extra stuff brought on board the Reflex, but it’s tough to be a Guinea pig sometimes. Guess this is the crap that comes with running in the single digits.
Old 07-17-2023, 08:20 AM   #32
Ericdared

Drives: 2022 Camaro zl1
Quote:
Here’s a few recent pics. I can go into how I routed fuel lines for the pump and the port injection if anybody is interested.
I would be interested fo sho
Ericdared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 06:17 PM   #33
jlaudio11

A positive update, I was able to get the car working well enough to go racing this weekend and managed to win a class. Definitely a big "win" i needed with how things have fought me. I made a post in the drag racing section if anyone wants to check it out.
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=617984
'94 Camaro Z28 6mt cc306 cam, 4:10's, longtubes with x pipe, getting an engine rebuild
Old 07-17-2023, 07:10 PM   #34
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:
A positive update, I was able to get the car working well enough to go racing this weekend and managed to win a class. Definitely a big "win" i needed with how things have fought me. I made a post in the drag racing section if anyone wants to check it out.
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=617984
Congratulations man, huge achievement.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 11:37 AM   #35
jlaudio11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericdared View Post
I would be interested fo sho
I started off following this https://toohighpsi.com/blogs/news/ca...l-line-routing and then made some changes. From hardline behind the engine it goes, factory fuel line to flex fuel sensor, from there it is quick disconnect to 6an adapter, then 6an ptfe line up to the passenger front rail, 180 connector to 6an 3 way adapter, I have those on opposite corners and, 90's off the other two corners. Basically trying to keep all injectors equally pressurized, hitting them from both sides. Off the Drivers side rear 3 way I have a 6an ptfe line going to another quick disconnect to 6an adapater that hooks on to the factory hard line that runs down to the high pressure pump.

As for the pump I did it like most other aux pumps are setup, with a fitting drilled and tapped into the plastic tank feeding the pump. The pump and filter are mounted on a sheet of aluminum that is mounted to the factory heat shielding, all under the passenger floor board. Output from the pump is ran back to the front of the fuel tank where the plastic line meets the hard line. Different places make small intermediate sections, basically an adapter for each end of the quick disconnect with a port in the middle to either tap off fuel, or maybe run a gauge or to tap in fuel. I had one but it was too long and put the plastic line in a bind. I ended up making a short section of 6an ptfe looped around with a 3 way to tap in. I'm not in love with it, but it worked when my original plan did not.

At this point I thinking about running the aux pump straight to the port fuel rails, run a boost referrencing regulator and then back to the tank. Basically separating the two fuel systems. I think it would be simpler. The main thing is just if the main pump has enough to carry its load so to speak or if i would have to rely more on the port injection to make power.

These are the parts I used for the port part. The pump part is 8an from the tank to the pump, then 6an out.
https://www.amazon.com/EVIL-ENERGY-T...5-7a87ad4c3693
https://www.amazon.com/EVIL-ENERGY-Q..._grid_rp_0_8_t
https://www.amazon.com/EVIL-ENERGY-D...grid_rp_0_33_t
https://www.amazon.com/EVIL-ENERGY-F...grid_rp_0_30_t
Old 08-07-2023, 10:38 PM   #36
RedsRevenge48
Never satisfied :(

Drives: 73 Nova (project))
@jlaudio11

How are your home made turbo pedestals working? Is the low turbo location working out? Any issues keeping the turbo back exhaust connected?
RedsRevenge48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 08:32 AM   #37
jlaudio11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsRevenge48 View Post
@jlaudio11

How are your home made turbo pedestals working? Is the low turbo location working out? Any issues keeping the turbo back exhaust connected?
So far it hasn’t been too bad. The drivers side is a tighter fit and has a small exhaust leak. Haven’t narrowed down exactly where it’s coming from yet but the car runs good overall. The lowest point is where the drivers side turbo connects to the charge pipe running forward and I’ve rubbed it a few times on a stupid hump at the end of my driveway. I consider it maintenance but I’ve had to tighten up drain hoses from the turbos to the scavenge tank. All in all I pretty much achieved what I set out to do. Car runs pretty good for what it is, been working at the tuning and I need a converter to launch the car harder on a decently prepped surface.
Old 08-31-2023, 12:33 PM   #38
jlaudio11

Well getting out et by cars at the last two events I raced pushed me over the edge. Both times I was running them down and just ran out of real estate. I pulled the trigger on a higher stall torque converter. After talking to multiple vendors and different representatives of those vendors I ended up with a circle d 258mm unit. It’s quoted as 3600-3800 rpm stall which should give me plenty of rpm to build boost in 1st or 2nd. I’m excited to finally get to realize more of this setups potential. My next event planned is a front side no prep and to the 1/4 so I’ll finally get to see an all out 1/4 mile pass on the dragy atleast. My 3 port mac valve setup controlled by the motiv reflex plus seems to be tapping out around 10lbs of boost. I’m going to try adding some onboard air rather than taking from the charge pipe to push that more to 12-14lbs.
Old 08-31-2023, 12:52 PM   #39
Joshinator99

Quote:
Well getting out et by cars at the last two events I raced pushed me over the edge. Both times I was running them down and just ran out of real estate. I pulled the trigger on a higher stall torque converter. After talking to multiple vendors and different representatives of those vendors I ended up with a circle d 258mm unit. It’s quoted as 3600-3800 rpm stall which should give me plenty of rpm to build boost in 1st or 2nd. I’m excited to finally get to realize more of this setups potential. My next event planned is a front side no prep and to the 1/4 so I’ll finally get to see an all out 1/4 mile pass on the dragy atleast. My 3 port mac valve setup controlled by the motiv reflex plus seems to be tapping out around 10lbs of boost. I’m going to try adding some onboard air rather than taking from the charge pipe to push that more to 12-14lbs.
Very nice! I’m right there with you….figuring out the 60’ is such a huge part of nailing down a good time slip. Good luck!