Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 09-16-2013, 01:36 AM   #29
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I have some bad news and good news. the bad news is I found out Friday that they no longer offer the tops as a complete assembly, I found this out from my dealer and from Gerry at Rodgers Chevrolet. The good news is GM still allowed my dealer to order all the parts. The frame will be assembled first then installed on my car as a unit. Then the cloth top will be installed on the frame. I have informed them I will not accept anything but perfection. I am going to ask for an extended warrant on the top though.
Good luck !

Not to worry; the 2014 is pretty sweet.
Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:38 PM   #30
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Well I got a call today the top guy is backed up on his work, and its going to be October 21st before he can start on mine. I drove by his shop and he did have several outside waiting to be worked on and a couple inside. He is also going out of town during this time because his Daughter is coming in on Fall break and they are headed to the beach... At least I know he won't be taking my car on a joy ride to the beach LOL...
Oh by the, one of the cars he has working on the top is a newer Mustang...not sure what year but maybe a 2010. so I have another month to enjoy my car before top replacement.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:24 AM   #31
david l

Drives: 2014 ss convertible
2011 CONVERTIBLE ISSUES. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
Hi everyone. FIRST LET ME STARTTOUT SAYING THAT MY FIANCE LOVES OUR SS VERT . But unfortunately my dealerships service department has turned my canary yellow LEMON YELLOW and now i need some Major Help. I live in Austin tx. And so far my SS convertible Has had three VERY BAD attempts at being repaired. started out with the standard recall. then noticed the "rub raw" spots. car was sent out to a SUB contractor who apparently had no training whatsoever in Camaros. anyway the sides came unglued before the top even made it completely down. and there were rivets or pieces of rivets left all over the back seat and trunk. So after another two weaks get car back again and its worse. also experiencing bad vibration at 73 74 mph. I could go on and on but what I really need is any info I can get on the mentioned buy back and lawsuit. PLEASE HELP ME.
david l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:14 AM   #32
cam62

Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
This was posted in on the facebook page about convertible top problems by Tim DeYoung, one of the camaro disciples. It's encouraging to see. Honestly though, 2+ years?

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/226942550693692/

"Here is what I have from the Camaro Team about convertible top issues...
Firstly, they are aware that it's a big big problem, and they are trying to fix it and make it right.

Secondly, the Camaro Team is working to create a checklist of steps to follow if you have problems with your convertible top. Scott Settlemire (Fbodfather) will post it when it's available. I don't know when that will be, but I will make sure it gets here.

Finally, if you are not getting cooperation from your dealer with convertible top problems, and they are failing to do what is right, you can e-mail Scott Settlemire directly about your case"