Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-31-2016, 01:36 PM   #29
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
The Big Island would be my pick... it has 11 of the 13 microclimates of the world in one spot! Raining on your home, drive up the rode 15 minutes, and it's not. Want to see snow or go skiing? Head up to Mauna Kea.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 01:49 PM   #30
infernocamaro2013

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro (Wife's)
Thank you, the traffic on Okinawa was pretty crazy when I was there. The weekends were the worse there. I know it took me an hour at times just get onto Kadena and as I said then you have the weekend traffic. I've also driven in LA traffic during rush hour so that might be some of it. Especially on the 101 near Hollywood.

Yes, I realize cost of living is very expensive and hence why I'm just trying to plan this out wisely and take it lightly. But, who's to say I might be able to swing living on one other islands. As I said I'm just trying to choose wisely so to speak.

I'm aware of island fever. As I said I spent a little over 2 years on Okinawa. I learned to like it. Speed limits are not very high on Okinawa and not many places to the stretch the legs of say a Skyline or Supra there but, it's more about the cruising experience for me. I've had cars that weren't very fast but, were different and sounded good. Our Camaro is a V6 model so I'm not to worried about stretching out its legs.

Anyways, thank you for your input. As I said, I'm just trying to plan ahead. I've heard of some people just moving there with no plan in place and that's where you can get into trouble as well. I know for now that they are trying to keep some of the areas (North Shore) from further developing but, if they continue to develop the other areas of Oahu that might sway my decision toward the other islands if that's what we decide to do.
infernocamaro2013 is offline   Reply With Quote