Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 09-21-2022, 09:34 PM   #29
2SS LT1

Drives: 2022 2SS
Since you / they have to replace one rocker panel, put a set of ZL1 rockers!
GAZ Summit White
B04 Black Metallic Rally Stripes
IOT Navigation
MX0 A10 Transmission
CF5 Power Sunroof
SLN Strut Tower Brace
56V 20" 5-spoke Carbon Flash Metallic Wheels
NPP Dual-mode exhaust
VTD 2nd Gen Ground Effects Carbon Flash Metallic

1996 Corvette LT4 Convertible Collectors Ed SOLD
2004 Corvette ZO6 LeMans Commemorative SOLD
2SS LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 07:40 AM   #30
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive View Post
I'm constantly watching every vehicle that could possibly hit me, at all times. It's exhausting but you have to stay attentive and drive defensively. No one holds their lane anymore.
My father taught me how to drive. He only told me one thing.

"Never assume anyone else knows how to drive."

Which is how I drive, I assume everyone is an idiot except me, and drive accordingly to account for stupid.

I can't fix stupid but I can anticipate it.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | Roto-Fab CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | LSA crankshaft conversion w/modified crank gear | LS1 thrust bearing | LS MSD Plug Wire Set | BTR Stage I Cam | ARP Rod Bolts | Delphi Lifter set | NGK LTR71X-11 spark plug set | DOD Delete | VVT Limiter | ECM, TCM & E85 | Retuned by: Justin L. | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq | Best 1/4 Time: 11.639
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 07:50 AM   #31
Gen6cyl

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2021 ,rs, v6, manual
I love it when a vehicle is at a stop sign and inches for ward as you approach.
Gen6cyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 12:36 PM   #32
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian1LE View Post
yeah that's carbotech pad deposit. Taking my car on friday to give it to the collision center. I'm taking it on my trailer because the towing company that was going to do it has awful reviews so I opted to just do it myself. Don't need to deal with towing company damage on top of this damage.
Great, glad you have the capability to do that. Insist on the best body shop in town (I'm certain his insurance company will accept fault and are anxious to get your signature on a check before you discover any physical problems that could be a result of the "crash"). It will show up on your Carfax and whether you trade it in or sell it privately, you want to be able to document the quality and amount of OE equipment used to return the car to "like new" condition.

Don't let them bum rush you into anything else. And if necessary mention how your neck has gotten "really stiff" since the guy with all the front end damage impaled your new car!!!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 01:54 PM   #33
Christian1LE

Drives: 2004 BMW 330CI, 2022 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
Great, glad you have the capability to do that. Insist on the best body shop in town (I'm certain his insurance company will accept fault and are anxious to get your signature on a check before you discover any physical problems that could be a result of the "crash"). It will show up on your Carfax and whether you trade it in or sell it privately, you want to be able to document the quality and amount of OE equipment used to return the car to "like new" condition.

Don't let them bum rush you into anything else. And if necessary mention how your neck has gotten "really stiff" since the guy with all the front end damage impaled your new car!!!
So far it hasn't been too bad, with the exception of the towing company. Their insurance is USAA and they have already accepted fault and sent me a form for the de-valuation of the car. I looked into shops near me and the shops they use (I got 3 options) actually had really good reviews. I looked at some other ones around town but they all seemed about the same. I went ahead and went with one of their locations. I'm bring the car in tomorrow morning so they can start the assessment. I jumped under the car the other day and It honestly looks like not much happened.

Basically the entire rear axle/right wheel took the impact but the body is mostly intact. I am a little worried about some long term damage to the differential though. I'm going to make sure they replace the rear bearing too. We will see, fingers crossed everything works out. If they get everything fixed before October NASA @ VIR I'll give the car a good shakedown then.
Christian1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 02:25 PM   #34
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
I'm sure you're aware of the separate rear sub-frame that our independent suspension requires and Chevy's extensive use of aluminum, and other light weight materials. The rear suspension components are made to absorb (bend) rather than transmit the loads imposed on them by forces they are not intended to deal with while driving- IOW, find the body shop that appreciates the complexity of this repair and if they are not able or willing to double check every aspect of potential damage, look elsewhere. Do not limit your search to the 3 shops they prefer. That's a mistake I made as a young man with my '86 Z. Don't let'em just make it look pretty again! (It is a really nice looking car!)

Obviously you're going to need a 4 wheel alignment besides new body panels and paint. Along with a new wheel and tire, and anything else you see has damage- no Bondo! My wife's Subaru got smacked the same way and it snapped the rear wheel right off the axle It was considered totaled.

Good luck and remember that while the insurance company might balk, you've got'em over a BIG barrel. And be sure and let them know you're gonna need alternate transportation for the duration of the repair- something with a nice ride so as not to jar that ever worsening neck!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 02:29 PM   #35
Christian1LE

Drives: 2004 BMW 330CI, 2022 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
I'm sure you're aware of the separate rear sub-frame that our independent suspension requires and Chevy's extensive use of aluminum, and other light weight materials. The rear suspension components are made to absorb (bend) rather than transmit the loads imposed on them by forces they are not intended to deal with while driving- IOW, find the body shop that appreciates the complexity of this repair and if they are not able or willing to double check every aspect of potential damage, look elsewhere. Do not limit your search to the 3 shops they prefer. That's a mistake I made as a young man with my '86 Z. Don't let'em just make it look pretty again! (It is a really nice looking car!)

Obviously you're going to need a 4 wheel alignment besides new body panels and paint. Along with a new wheel and tire, and anything else you see has damage- no Bondo! My wife's Subaru got smacked the same way and it snapped the rear wheel right off the axle

Good luck and remember that while the insurance company might balk, you've got'em over a BIG barrel. And be sure and let them know you're gonna need alternate transportation for the duration of the repair- something with a nice ride so as not to jar that ever worsening neck!
Yeah thanks for the heads up, but again I checked a bunch of shops around town, one of the locations they use is pretty good and has some of the best reviews I could find. They already gave me a rental car as well so I'm good there. We will see what happens with the repairs, no reason to put the cart before the horse.
Christian1LE is offline   Reply With Quote