Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-24-2016, 06:35 AM   #29
CamaroinCLE

Drives: 2014 CRT LT
Make your car your own, you paid for it. Enjoy it...
CamaroinCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 06:41 AM   #30
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Ultimately, do what makes you happy. I've seen several incorrectly badged cars in my day and one sticks out in particular. A guy pulled into a car show with what looked like an '03-'04 Terminator Cobra (wheels, hood, spoiler, rear bumper with the "Cobra" inlay, etc., etc., etc..). When he popped the hood, it had a V6 and he placed a ball cap over the shifter to hide the fact that it was also an automatic.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:35 AM   #31
EMB135Driver
Jedi Master

Drives: Boeing 757/767+2010 IBM 2SS
Poser
Old 03-24-2016, 08:39 AM   #32
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette

In regards to what you do with your car, it's just that, your car, do what you want in regards to looks and badges/emblems. In regards to the emblems/badges, I've never understood why someone would want to try to make their vehicle out to be something it isn't ... car enthusiasts will know & all other's won't care or know the difference. We only have a few Camaros in my town; one guy owns a 1lt and has replaced is front/rear bowties with red 'SS' emblems. Every time I see it I laugh, mainly because if find it ironic that he's trying to 'advertise' his as something it isn't, while I've blacked out my 'SS' emblems. But, it's his car and if he likes it, so be it.

In regards to the cosmetics, would be interesting to follow your transformation ...
Old 03-24-2016, 09:03 AM   #33
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
To accurately make a clone its a lot more than badges its every single part that the normal z-28 had including seats, options, trans mission and engine, computer/ electrical, correct brakes and rear window lighter and etc etc etc....

SO most call a person who does this a poser here not a clone. Some cosmetic mods are ok to look alike how eve when it comes to badging.... NO.

My last real muscle car I made into a clone I pain stakingly searched through junk yards and ads and found and rewired a 73 Chevelle ss, I swapped the everything and including floor panels and put the correct badging in exactly the right place and had bought a wrecked ss in the process. I always told people it was a clone and had a 406 which I displayed as a 400. Rare bulky and jacked up it was metallic blue and had swivel buckets with a shift kitted automatic/Tc, edelbrock intake dart iron eagle heads, etc etc etc and a console shifter.. everything worked on it and the rear tail lights were blacked out and everything was appropriate except for the engine size not being a 350 or 454. Now I would never lie to anyone what it was and made a tribute from wrecked up cars, and it was a fun ride. But it did outperform the original in every way with more torque and HP, better parts, and ...well you cannot do that simply. SO I would advise you to not be a poser, but rather a tribute and ditch the badging idea. Or someday a real z-28 driver may want to clean your clock.

And in my lowly SS I sure would.... represent.

mine is actually a 428 stoker ls3 but I allow myself some enjoyment of the moniker of 427 though If asked is not a ls7, they are more expensive base engines, and I would say for you may want to do as some have as a say badging its a combination like a zl1 front end on a RS being a zl rs..etc.

Or would you rather get dirty looks and comments if you ever take your pride and joy to a car show?.

Representing is not cheap and easy.

My car has evolved over these three years with gold spears and rockers that were strobed, to black with spears, to now ACC gradient flame stripes, and lots of other details, its costly and takes time to pefect the look you eventually like the best. But hey $300 for billet front and rear badges that say SS...worth every penny and make a nice trunk handle..........

I love those rear louvers buddy! where did you get them and how much paid? if you want you can IM me rather than posting any of this, if it matters.

OP, DO NOT BADGE YOUR CAR AS A Z28!!!! Customize it to look like a Z but do not put those badges on it. Man please don't be a fake.
jcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 09:05 AM   #34
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Wow the butthurt is epic! Do whatever you want. It's your car. I see people here making 1LE clones out of V6's and I really couldn't care less. Seriously, it's car. LOL
Thor142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 09:13 AM   #35
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
It is your car and you should do what you want. I find no problem with changing the looks cosmetically, but I can never understand false badging. The only reason I can see a person doing that would be to impress others, and that just seems so sad to me. You own a 1LE, an amazing car that GM spent a good bit of time with to develop the amazing handling that you have. Is a Z/28 a notch up on the performance tree? Damn right it is! If improved handling is your goal, I get that, and to try to strive to be where a Z/28 sits is an honorable goal, but to try to deceive others seems a bit foolish. That's my $.02.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 09:26 AM   #36
CamaroinCLE

just a general question on the "deception" comments. Would that not fall into the same area for people that mod there car, it's not a "Stock" SS or LT/LS. Should we require a badge that say "Modified"?
Old 03-24-2016, 09:30 AM   #37
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroinCLE View Post
just a general question on the "deception" comments. Would that not fall into the same area for people that mod there car, it's not a "Stock" SS or LT/LS. Should we require a badge that say "Modified"?
People get their identities way too attached to possessions. Like buying an object somehow makes you special or unique. A car is just a thing. Put Lamborgini badges all over it if it makes you happy.
Thor142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 09:35 AM   #38
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Drives: 2017 NFG 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28 CPA View Post
Did it come painted black already?
Yes. It comes black from the factory.

SigPic by Hazman
Demon War Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 09:38 AM   #39
All2Easy

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #997 Gone 2019 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroinCLE View Post
Required....no. But if you did so, such as "supercharged", it would in fact be representing what the car really is.

Bottom line...in regards to badges, put whatever you want on your car, its your money. But don't be surprised if you get some flack from a fellow car enthusiast, or a pic of your car ends up on social media someday with the label of "poser."
All2Easy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 01:11 PM   #40
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Truly, the badge is irrelevant.

1. It means nothing to people not familiar with Camaro (even some who drive one ).

2. People who are familiar with Camaro know it's a fake.

Imagine the horror if someone put Z-28 badges on this car:

Old 03-24-2016, 01:52 PM   #41
CamaroinCLE

I think the horror has already been done to this car.. Why do people do this to cars, if I ever get hit from one of these cars I am going to be owning it once I am done with them in court. I can see at least 2-3 laws being broken right off the bat.
Old 03-24-2016, 07:30 PM   #42
Mike J

Drives: 2015 Topless Btch RS
Found a emblem you may want to put on
Attached Images

Last edited by Mike J; 03-24-2016 at 07:34 PM. Reason: no image
Mike J is offline   Reply With Quote