Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

AWE Tuning

Old 01-10-2017, 04:47 PM   #29
V8SS

Drives: 2017 M6 NFG
Thanks for the 2017 update. Any difference with the 2017?
V8SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:11 AM   #30
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8SS View Post
Thanks for the 2017 update. Any difference with the 2017?
Yes there are always calbration differences but they are still similar to tune.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 11:31 AM   #31
LibertyHill

Drives: 16 2SS 6MT NPP MRC / 15 K1300S
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
We can make the car feel better, run cooler for more consistent performance, turn off AFM and Skip shift, raise rev limit to unleash a bit more operating range, Raise the speed limiter, turn off torque management, improve transmission performance on the auto.
Can you explain torque management? Is this simply traction control?

If so why turn it off in the tune when it can be driver disabled? Can it be adjusted to be more responsive with additional HP?

What are your thoughts on lower temp thermostats? I read up some on 'Vette forums and it seems 160 may be too cool but 174 might be a good compromise? Or is anything cooler bad on an aluminum engine?

Rohana RFX-5 10/11, M/T 275/305, Eibachs, Hellwigs, Hurst SS, DMS LT4 SC 596HP/589TQ, DMS Low-side, Kooks 2LTs, MBRP Race, Rotofab, MMS CC
LibertyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:20 PM   #32
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyHill View Post
Can you explain torque management? Is this simply traction control?

If so why turn it off in the tune when it can be driver disabled? Can it be adjusted to be more responsive with additional HP?

What are your thoughts on lower temp thermostats? I read up some on 'Vette forums and it seems 160 may be too cool but 174 might be a good compromise? Or is anything cooler bad on an aluminum engine?
Torque management and traction control are 2 separate systems.

The torque management adjustments are part of all of our custom tunes.

We can adjust the fans and achieve a cooler running car without changing out the stat.

Stat changes down to 174 are acceptable and can be helpful at the drag strip.

Ted.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:19 AM   #33
oneredry
HYPER SS

Drives: 2016 Supercharged 2SS
Ted,
I cannot recall if this was mentioned or not (at least not in any of the threads you've started). however I created a thread a while ago stating about unlocking a boost gauge that someone tapped into right when our Gen6's were released. Are you able to tap into this and unlock that feature or is this not feasible? really I would love this over a aftermarket hanging from my A pillar.
3400 status 03/07/16 TPW of 03/14/16
4200 status 03/17/16 in transit!
Delivered 03/23/16
2SS Hyper Blue | 6M | NPP | Mag ride | ceramic white Int. | Black out bow ties | P3 Gauge| Front splitter. | 6 pot upgraded brembo brakes. | Magnuson Supercharger/95MM pulley | Rotofab Intake | ZL1 side skirts | HRE FF04 wheels - Michelin PSS4 | ZL1 add ons rock guards and lift points.
| AWE touring - resinated catback with link pipes.
oneredry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 09:23 AM   #34
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneredry View Post
Ted,
I cannot recall if this was mentioned or not (at least not in any of the threads you've started). however I created a thread a while ago stating about unlocking a boost gauge that someone tapped into right when our Gen6's were released. Are you able to tap into this and unlock that feature or is this not feasible? really I would love this over a aftermarket hanging from my A pillar.
I apologize I am unfamiliar with interior accessories or how they connect to the canbus.

Boost can be read through the OBDII port on any car with a 2 bar or 3 bar map sensor and appropriate tune update for that sensor.
Old 01-18-2017, 10:47 AM   #35
sub_ETCS_ret

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Ted,

How does remote tuning work without a dyno?
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
sub_ETCS_ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 10:57 AM   #36
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub_ETCS_ret View Post
Ted,

How does remote tuning work without a dyno?
98% of the tuning we do on the dyno is based on the data logs we collect, the dyno just gives us a safe place to collect that data in a fast way.

You will purchase a device from me SCT, or HPtuners, I will provide a custom tune drawing on my lifetime of experience.

You will install this tune, use the device and a laptop to collect a data log selecting the PIDS I ask for in my custom tune instructions, and drive it a certain way.

Save and send me that log, I view it, and revise as necessary until completely satisfied with the Logs.

If we get into any sort of forced induction or a cold air kit that I have not tuned before, then you will need a wide band connected to the device to collect AFR at WOT.

Ted.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:01 AM   #37
sub_ETCS_ret

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
98% of the tuning we do on the dyno is based on the data logs we collect, the dyno just gives us a safe place to collect that data in a fast way.

You will purchase a device from me SCT, or HPtuners, I will provide a custom tune drawing on my lifetime of experience.

You will install this tune, use the device and a laptop to collect a data log selecting the PIDS I ask for in my custom tune instructions, and drive it a certain way.

Save and send me that log, I view it, and revise as necessary until completely satisfied with the Logs.

If we get into any sort of forced induction or a cold air kit that I have not tuned before, then you will need a wide band connected to the device to collect AFR at WOT.

Ted.
Sounds good. Thanks again. I know I ask a lot of questions but I'm a knowledge sponge.
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
sub_ETCS_ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 09:12 AM   #38
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub_ETCS_ret View Post
Sounds good. Thanks again. I know I ask a lot of questions but I'm a knowledge sponge.
Always happy to help.
Old 01-27-2017, 06:24 AM   #39
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
Hello Ted,

If memory serves, you were able to edit the TCM and the shift points with the 5th Gen tunes. Are you able to do the same with the 6th Gen tunes? I received a ported throttle body from you the other day and just getting the funds together before I pull the trigger on the rest of my project. Kris was very helpful and quick with the quote btw. Kudos to you and your staff. I'm trying to get a feel for what a Gen6 tune will be in comparison to a Gen5.
2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 08:05 AM   #40
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Martel View Post
Hello Ted,

If memory serves, you were able to edit the TCM and the shift points with the 5th Gen tunes. Are you able to do the same with the 6th Gen tunes? I received a ported throttle body from you the other day and just getting the funds together before I pull the trigger on the rest of my project. Kris was very helpful and quick with the quote btw. Kudos to you and your staff. I'm trying to get a feel for what a Gen6 tune will be in comparison to a Gen5.
Yes we can fully edit ECM and TCM.

Thank you for your continued business.

Ted.
Old 01-27-2017, 06:57 PM   #41
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
Hell yeah!!! It's on like Donkey Kong...

Quote:
Yes we can fully edit ECM and TCM.

Thank you for your continued business.

Ted.
2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 10:03 PM   #42
Wolf613

Drives: 2016 SS
Possible retune

Hello Ted, I am glad I found this thread. I live in CT and have been looking for a decent tuning shop for my 16 SS. I located one and had my car dyno tuned but was not really happy with the numbers. Dyno sheet showed 384 RWHP. That seems really low IMO. I don't know if I'm missing something. I have an SS M6 with long tubes, high flow cats, axle back exhaust, and CAI intake. I was really hoping for some slightly bigger numbers. I believe it was tuned using HP tuners but I was never given a handheld tuner. What is your opinion? I am definitely looking to possibly come down your way this week. Thanks. Chris.
Wolf613 is offline   Reply With Quote