Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 03-20-2016, 11:33 AM   #29
Desert Dweller

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #334
I hope Chevy does not build a 6th gen Z/28. That will make mine just that much more special.
I will probably buy the new ZL1 and use it to swallow up unsuspecting deer, whole.
I was going to says cows, but even that grill is not big enough for a cow.
Old 03-20-2016, 01:58 PM   #30
Taskforce121

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Dusk Edition
Sorry folks, can't stand that gaping maw of a grill in front, but I do like the rear end and interior, just lost me on front end styling. Do like the flow through bowtie idea tho.
Taskforce121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 02:00 PM   #31
AF1Strider

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
This is an interesting perspective from both ends of the enthusiast spectrum. Both are right.

Drag racing is a lot of fun. Raw, hardcore acceleration at it's best. The best thing about it is that drag racing is so accessible and cheap. Just show up at the strip on Test and Tune, or Grudge night, whichever they call it with a $20 bill in your hand and a helmet on your head, and let 'er rip. Absolutely the best kind of car meet there is.

The trouble with road course is accessibility, and of course cost. A track day event typically costs what, in the $150-$250 range? Then it can be hell on tires and brakes, depending on skill and how hard you push it.

GM, however, wants to sell cars. Regardless of how the individual wants to use it, any one trick pony is just not going to get it done. Couple that with the understanding that first and foremost, they have to make the car daily drivable. Given that caveat, it has to measure up to all the safety, emission, and efficiency standards thrown at them. Not only that, and even above all that, it has to be comfortable and something that the consumer can and wants to drive to work everyday. Rule number one in mass production...the product must appeal to the masses.
I'd love to see Chevy do there own version of a scat pack, throw the LT4 into a SS and that A10! Make it the drag pack package or something. I'd be all over that!
AF1Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 07:26 PM   #32
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AF1Strider View Post
I'd love to see Chevy do there own version of a scat pack, throw the LT4 into a SS and that A10! Make it the drag pack package or something. I'd be all over that!
Well, maybe, but what would that be? Factory line lock, taller gear ratio, optional skinnies for the front?

We don't have any real life numbers, but going on what some are doing with the Z06 in a straight line, this car should be mid 11's all day long. not sure what else I'd want from a factory stock car with a warranty.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 11:25 PM   #33
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
You can bet you will see that hood and maybe a few other body features on the 2018 or 2019 SS.
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 12:15 AM   #34
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
My personal take on the Hellcat references are this - let Dodge have it. If somehow folks feel that their particular brand is better just because of a peak horsepower figure in stock trim, then I don't know what to tell you. It's like saying that one woman is better than another because she has big tits. That's crazy superficial and we all know there is more to a car than peak numbers and of course, there's more to a woman than her cup size (sandwiches are awesome). So, chauvinstic rhetoric aside, considering what the Dodge twins are capable of, or more so what they're not capable of, might leave them high and dry - frankly even, embarrassed.

If boastful horsepower numbers are your only bragging right, I'd still wager to say that an LS3 with a comparable twin screw supercharger up top could put a hurt on a Hellcat for substantially less money - albeit your warranty is shot. If you want to harken back to the 1960's where that was a respectable metric for the overall performance of your vehicle, then again, by all means, buy a Hellcat.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote