Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 12-14-2022, 04:34 PM   #29
Revalot

Drives: ZL1/1LE parts added
Location: Somewhere around Texas pines tress and smooth asphalt
It all depends on a person wallet, and what they feel comfortable with, I don't have a lot of money to flush down the drain, but also being a do it yourself mechanic, I have seen dealership and shops that do more harm then good. Get the cash and send them on down the road, but there are some great shops who pride themselves in doing remarkable work, for me being able to do your own work and know that you put the best parts in brings the ultimate satisfaction, I did it and saved a ton on labor, but I admit I would spend money were it benefits more, a 2650 will always put out more than expensive heads, and I'm not shotting for 1K hp, 750 to the wheel or less is plenty for a street car, heck 500Hp is enough. If your a track guy or drag racing go for it but remember your talking broken parts, tires clutches, and someone is always faster.
Revalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 05:30 PM   #30
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATINSTEEL1LE View Post
I mean come on man.
I could prepare a spreadsheet comparison, but I see a lot more in KaTech's pkg:

KATECH STAGE 3 GEN 6 ZL1 CAMARO 850HP PKG
ROTOFAB BIG GULP INTAKE
KATECH BILLET 103MM THROTTLEBODY
KATECH CNC PORTED SUPERCHARGER BASE
KATECH CNC PORTED SUPERCHARGER SNOUT
GRIPTEC SUPERCHARGER PULLEY
GRIPTEC SUPERCHARGER HUB
KATECH 160 DEGREE THERMOSTAT
KATECH K-FORCE 2 CAMSHAFT OR LT4 RACE CAMSHAFT
CHE BRONZE VALVE GUIDES
PSI 1511 VALVESPRINGS
KATECH TOOL STEEL INTAKE RETAINER
KATECH TOOL STEEL EXHAUST RETAINER
KATECH STEEL INTAKE LOCATOR
KATECH STEEL EXHAUST LOCATOR
KATECH SPEC JOHNSON 2110-K LIFTERS
TREND 3/8-0.080 PUSHRODS, MEASURE TO FIT
GM LIFTER TRAYS
KATECH C5R TIMING CHAIN
KATECH VVT DELETE GEAR
KATECH VVT DELETE GEAR STANCHION
KATECH VVT DELETE GEAR BOLT
KATECH VVT DELETE BILLET FRONT COVER
KATECH CNC PORT CYLINDER HEADS
KATECH CNC PORT CHAMBERS
KATECH COMPETITION VALVE JOB, 5 ANGLE
KATECH VALVE JOB BLEND
DECK CYLINDER HEADS .010
GM GEN V LT4 HEAD GASKETS
ARP HEAD STUD KIT
ATI DAMPER
ATI SUPERCHARGER PULLEY
GATES SUPERCHARGER BELT
KATECH BILLET AFM DELETE COVER
GM BRAKE FLUID
GM OIL FILTER
MOBIL1 0W-40 OIL
GM LS FRONT SEAL
BRISK RACING 14 SPARK PLUGS
GM DAMPER BOLT
GM TORQUE CONVERTER OR FLYWHEEL BOLTS
O2 PLUG
WIDEBAND O2 BUNG
O2 WASHER
GM DEXCOOL
GEN 6 CAMARO ZL1 KATECH SERIALIZED PLAQUE
INSTALLATION
BASELINE DYNO
HPTUNERS CREDITS
CHASSIS DYNO
STREET DRIVABILITY CALIBRATION
MISC SHOP SUPPLIES
1 YEAR, 12,000 KATECH LIMITED WARRANTY, SEE TERMS FOR DETAILS
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 06:46 PM   #31
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Quote:
I mean come on man.
I don’t have a dog in this fight but that’s not apples to apples at all.
Old 12-14-2022, 07:18 PM   #32
kjhowell75

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I am not knocking any of the shops on here, but I will say this...... I choose my parts based on alot of research and feedback from forum users. Shop Labor is a big factor that really impacts a build. I have a parts selection from a lot of Vendors! I look at value and function...... One example is the LT4 VVT Delete Cover..... Sure LME has a beautiful product that should be encased in glass and adds a integrated seal but at $800.00 I opted for the TSP VVT Cover for $135.00. Do they do the same thing? Yes My advise is Do a Pro vs Con in comparing parts. I do have a Katech Oil Pump going in my build... Ever wonder why they are on back order most of time? Its a high quality part and the go to pump in these builds especially with the failure rate GM pumps had in the past years 2016-2017 (I believe). Just my two cents and opinion, every one is entitled to their own thoughts on the matter. Do the research and make smart decisions....
kjhowell75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 07:33 PM   #33
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldoun View Post
My buddy just did his 2022 ZL1 A10 with Katech and his was disappointed with the numbers and needed your guys opinion.

His Mod List:
-Ported Blower
-103 m TB
-Upper 2.3 Pulley
-Kooks Headers
-93 Engine Tune
-Roto-Fab Intake

His Baseline was 517rwhp and after MODS was 600rwhp given that he only gained 83rwhp from all those mods.

What do you guys think?

Great question... I would have also been hoping for closer to 100rwhp with that list, but as many have stated before, dyno numbers are only a tool. If the car does not feel strong enough, I suggest he look into an E85 kit... that would help alot with the current mod list. I can't speak to the TUNE of the car, but I assume that is a big factor. I assume based on their reputation that there tunes are more on the conservative side also.

What I do know, is that they are a great shop, with great products and service, and that DOES come with an equivalent price. For those who are cheap like me, i would rather save on the labor costs and do it myself. But if money was not an issue, they would have been top of the list for a stage 5 package for the peace of mind.

Tell your friend his numbers are not terrible, but on the lower side of what i am guessing is a 20-40rwhp range from car to car, day to day, dyno to dyno. So long the car pulls hard, keep on smiling. and start saving for round 2
ALL the BMR Read End Goodies + BMR Motor Mounts + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Big Gulp + GMS High Flow Crash Bar
DMS Front HX + Fender Tank + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + TOYO 305/345 R888R's = 775rwhp 815rwtq @E55 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 09:09 PM   #34
Chippy
BanHamWatch

Drives: 21 ZL1 1LE
Can I just get a free T shirt for staying out of this thread pls. That’s got to be worth something in this day and age of everyone has an opinion!!
Old 12-14-2022, 11:44 PM   #35
SATINSTEEL1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 21 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
I could prepare a spreadsheet comparison, but I see a lot more in KaTech's pkg:

KATECH STAGE 3 GEN 6 ZL1 CAMARO 850HP PKG
ROTOFAB BIG GULP INTAKE
KATECH BILLET 103MM THROTTLEBODY
KATECH CNC PORTED SUPERCHARGER BASE
KATECH CNC PORTED SUPERCHARGER SNOUT
GRIPTEC SUPERCHARGER PULLEY
GRIPTEC SUPERCHARGER HUB
KATECH 160 DEGREE THERMOSTAT
KATECH K-FORCE 2 CAMSHAFT OR LT4 RACE CAMSHAFT
CHE BRONZE VALVE GUIDES
PSI 1511 VALVESPRINGS
KATECH TOOL STEEL INTAKE RETAINER
KATECH TOOL STEEL EXHAUST RETAINER
KATECH STEEL INTAKE LOCATOR
KATECH STEEL EXHAUST LOCATOR
KATECH SPEC JOHNSON 2110-K LIFTERS
TREND 3/8-0.080 PUSHRODS, MEASURE TO FIT
GM LIFTER TRAYS
KATECH C5R TIMING CHAIN
KATECH VVT DELETE GEAR
KATECH VVT DELETE GEAR STANCHION
KATECH VVT DELETE GEAR BOLT
KATECH VVT DELETE BILLET FRONT COVER
KATECH CNC PORT CYLINDER HEADS
KATECH CNC PORT CHAMBERS
KATECH COMPETITION VALVE JOB, 5 ANGLE
KATECH VALVE JOB BLEND
DECK CYLINDER HEADS .010
GM GEN V LT4 HEAD GASKETS
ARP HEAD STUD KIT
ATI DAMPER
ATI SUPERCHARGER PULLEY
GATES SUPERCHARGER BELT
KATECH BILLET AFM DELETE COVER
GM BRAKE FLUID
GM OIL FILTER
MOBIL1 0W-40 OIL
GM LS FRONT SEAL
BRISK RACING 14 SPARK PLUGS
GM DAMPER BOLT
GM TORQUE CONVERTER OR FLYWHEEL BOLTS
O2 PLUG
WIDEBAND O2 BUNG
O2 WASHER
GM DEXCOOL
GEN 6 CAMARO ZL1 KATECH SERIALIZED PLAQUE
INSTALLATION
BASELINE DYNO
HPTUNERS CREDITS
CHASSIS DYNO
STREET DRIVABILITY CALIBRATION
MISC SHOP SUPPLIES
1 YEAR, 12,000 KATECH LIMITED WARRANTY, SEE TERMS FOR DETAILS
Im surprised they didnt list out every bolt separately. Or list out the metal composition of the bolts themselves. That is one padded list. "o2 washer"...lol Yeah they got RPM beat on that one. Guess you'd better call RPM and make sure you are getting o2 washers with that stage 3 package...LOLOLOL These guys.

SATINSTEEL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 08:28 AM   #36
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
83whp gain from baseline is about right for those mods with a stock blower on pump piss. Yeah you paid a lot of money for that extra power but just because you took the car to a big-name shop doesn't mean you will get Unicorn power out of it.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 08:30 AM   #37
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
83whp gain from baseline is about right for those mods with a stock blower on pump piss. Yeah you paid a lot of money for that extra power but just because you took the car to a big-name shop doesn't mean you will get Unicorn power out of it.
Wheres the like button
Old 12-15-2022, 08:38 AM   #38
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post

Well said... like i said, if the car doesnt meet his butt meter expectations, getting away from pump and using an E30-50 blend will really wake this bad boy up!
ALL the BMR Read End Goodies + BMR Motor Mounts + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Big Gulp + GMS High Flow Crash Bar
DMS Front HX + Fender Tank + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + TOYO 305/345 R888R's = 775rwhp 815rwtq @E55 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 08:52 AM   #39
Rapid_blue_zl1_22

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue ZL1
$10k is slightly overpriced for this build, but just parts cost alone is over $6k. They might be a little high with their price, but not for this amount of hate. KaTech makes really good parts, I will be putting their oil pump, C5.R timing chain, and 103mm TB on my build.

Performance: Kong X-Port OEM blower, 1 7/8" TSP headers (Polydyn coated), Corsa Intake/X-pipe/NPP Exhaust, LT5 95MM TB, DSX FlexFuel sensor, Dedicated Motorsports inline fuel filter / fender tank, Katech Dual fuel pump, WeaponX Boost freeze chiller, WeaponX center and aux HX, PWR oil cooler, Elite E-2X catch can, and Griffin Motorsports front crash bar. Tuned by Pat G 731 WHP on a Mustang Dyno.

Suspension/Brakes: Eibach lowering springs, Vorshlag camber plates, Full SPL rear control arms, DSC Sport suspension controller, Blackwing F/R brake cooling ducts.
Rapid_blue_zl1_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 09:19 AM   #40
ZL1Atlanta

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Quote:
I didnt list it, your butt buddy did. Like I said, people pumping up these scam shops.

Is this not you comparing apples to oranges just because they both say "stage 3" as if there is a universal definition that every shop must use? Zach showed you they have a package that's like the stage 3 from RPM, but also includes ported heads for only $2k more... I'm still waiting for the proof of "2x more" that you claim across here and social media between them and Vengeance.
Attached Images

Built by Vengeance Racing, tuned by Elite Tuned
ZL1Atlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 09:25 AM   #41
SATINSTEEL1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 21 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1Atlanta View Post
Is this not you comparing apples to oranges just because they both say "stage 3" as if there is a universal definition that every shop must use? Zach showed you they have a package that's like the stage 3 from RPM, but also includes ported heads for only $2k more... I'm still waiting for the proof of "2x more" that you claim across here and social media between them and Vengeance.
He didnt quote me with his last message. He quoted JSH with that insane parts list he posted. Another nut swinger here.

And no those are very similar packages with the exception that SCAMTECH is porting the heads. Is that worth another $10k??? LOL hell no.
SATINSTEEL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 09:29 AM   #42
ZL1Atlanta

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Quote:
He didnt quote me with his last message. He quoted JSH with that insane parts list he posted. Another nut swinger here.
So you still don't have proof? Just making up multipliers of 2x out of thin air... Got it.

Built by Vengeance Racing, tuned by Elite Tuned
ZL1Atlanta is offline   Reply With Quote