Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-16-2017, 01:12 PM   #29
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Old 04-16-2017, 01:14 PM   #30
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4

30 Days

1800 miles

A10 ZL1
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 01:14 PM   #31
Risky Justice

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Had my 2SS M6 for a few months now--definitely a 10! Love this car.
Old 04-16-2017, 01:39 PM   #32
mrtoner

Drives: 2016 SS Nightfall Gray
Solid 10

2016 1SS, 4600 miles in 6 months.
mrtoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 01:42 PM   #33
F_Two

Drives: 2020 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
dealer
Either you have a very unknowledgeable salesman or he is a big liar. lol

I feel your pain, my Note 5 isn't compatible with Android Auto, so I cannot even use it right now without everything freezing after a few seconds. I just didn't research the system well enough and assumed all Android phones would be compatible. Yes, this happens even with USB Debugging enabled.
F_Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 02:13 PM   #34
V8SS

Drives: 2017 M6 NFG
I'll give this car a 8.5/10.. Aside from some electrical bugs (While driving random speeds, clutch engaged, tach needle randomly does it's own thing) this car is the best bang for buck performance and comfort wise which gives this car a fun factor higher than most cars I've owned...most recently an M4, e90 m3, eve x, eve 9(also great car)
I've never had any visibility issues (never understood that complaint)

Oh and great hwy gas mileage avg 27mpg

6th gen Camaro is just hits the spot in almost all areas, I think the trunk is large enough, rear seat room doesn't exist but if you need more luggage space it works for that lol
V8SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 02:37 PM   #35
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 02:38 PM   #36
retmil

Drives: 2022 Wild Cherry SS
I have had my 17SS since Aug and it has 870 miles on it (not a DD). I give it a 9 out of 10 and would give it a 10 if not for the useless console!
Performance and looks do get a 10.
retmil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 02:54 PM   #37
BamBam2SS

Drives: 2017 2SS/M6 W/MRC & NPP
I have an extremely incompetent dealership that makes more issues than they fix which has completely ruined my ownership experience as I constantly keep finding things they messed up on... From repainting the car pretty badly, breaking interior panels, tearing the leather front seat, fixing rattles and not installing the door panels correctly, causing more rattles, scratching up the car etc...

It's a 2017 2SS M6 with navigation, NPP Exhaust and MRC. I bought it new with 14 miles on the odometer in November 2016 and it now sits slightly above 3600 miles.

I'd give it a 7...

Paint is super crappy from factory (which is why it was repainted), it chips easily, scratches easily and often times has numerous defects like in my case, bubbling clear coat.

Interior rattles... Doors rattled, they fixed it to about 98% (still get some rattles)... There's an odd rattle around the shifter some times that I can't pin point.

Interior materials leave much to be desired, Like all the hard plastics would be much nicer if they were soft touch.

BUT, I haven't experienced any mechanical issues.

I've been dealing with GM for the last few weeks because they tried to fix the paint on my car 7 times without any luck... The adviser at GM offered to start a buyback process and I went with it just hoping to get a trade for another 2SS with same options in a different color (like silver). After a while, Answering questions... They declined it. By stating that "The paint issues and defects only affect the appearance and value of the car, not the operation or safety"

They admitted that my car looks pretty bad with these issues and that as a result, It has been negatively affected in its value... But it still drives so they won't do anything about it.

That's GM... I filed a complaint with the BBB and that got their attention and they opened a new case (on tuesday), Didn't hear anything back about it all week.

GM's customer service is pretty crappy and as a whole company, as long as it doesn't seem like they'll have a class action lawsuit on their hands they won't help you.

If they don't want to do a trade/exchange for another similarly equipped Camaro then I'll follow through with my lemon law attorney and go back to BMW or maybe even give the 2018 Mustang a chance... Won't ever be returning back to GM if they let it go that far.

But for the cars cost, It's really hard to beat what you get... 455HP, Tons of tech, comfortable seats and it looks great.
BamBam2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 04:41 PM   #38
robbie52

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
10 2016 SS Convertible with A8. Great handling and plenty of power. Owned for 1 year and 5500 miles. Just realize going into deal that the back seat is not for adults, visibility is limited so get blind spot alerts, and you will love it.
Old 04-16-2017, 06:25 PM   #39
NCSD

Drives: Nightfall, 2SS, A8, MRC, NPP,RE-71R
10 for car
1 for blue tooth mic.
5000 miles
NCSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 06:28 PM   #40
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSD View Post
10 for car
1 for blue tooth mic.
5000 miles
You may need to have them fix it as my 2SS has 0 issues with the Bluetooth Mic. I rented a 1SS and seen the issue you are talking about so they need to fix it its not the way its supposed to be.
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 06:30 PM   #41
SoCalThug

Drives: 2012 Summit White 1Ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
10 for satisfaction

Visibility changed how I drive for the better as I'm now so comfortable with properly adjusted mirrors that I never turn my head anymore... regardless of what car I'm driving. It really occurred to me recently as I did an aggressive merge without hesitation using only mirrors
u should always turn your head readgardless if your mirrors are set correctly. there is always some blind spot angles in every car.
SoCalThug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 07:00 PM   #42
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalThug View Post
u should always turn your head readgardless if your mirrors are set correctly. there is always some blind spot angles in every car.
Respectfully, you are wrong. There are zero blind spots.

Interesting part is that with your head in a normal position, your side view is fig 1 and 4. Simply tilting your head left of right changes your view to fig. 2 and 5. 100% visibility and once you are a custom to it the thought of turning your head rearward seems dangerous.

Quote:
The Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) published a paper in 1995 suggesting how outside mirrors could be adjusted to eliminate blind spots. The paper advocates adjusting the mirrors so far outward that the viewing angle of the side mirrors just overlaps that of the cabin’s rearview mirror. This can be disorienting for drivers used to seeing the flanks of their own car in the side mirrors. But when correctly positioned, the mirrors negate a car’s blind spots. This obviates the need to glance over your shoulder to safely change lanes as well as the need for an expensive blind-spot warning system.
http://www.caranddriver.com/features...id-blind-spots
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote