Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 09-13-2021, 12:38 PM   #29
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Test drove the Ioniq. Seats suck, hard as a rock after 15 min. Only has eco and sport modes. Eco is anemic. Sport way better but mpg would be worse; by how much who knows?
My friend has Kia Niro. Driven it a few times. Way better than the Ionic IMO. Has more driving modes, better seats, roomy and hatchback practical.

If you’re looking for 300mi daily, get the hybrid with the comfiest seats. Probably be the Camry.
Old 09-13-2021, 12:58 PM   #30
Malbjey

Drives: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
OP has this requirement: "I need a vehicle making atleast 40 MPG, preferably 50ish as it can be driven as much as 300 miles daily."

Exactly. Nobody here is reading this.

Having a 40+ MPG requirement seriously limits what cars he can get, especially if he wants good passing power.

OP, if you can hold out for it, the upcoming Ford Maverick hybrid is supposed to get up to 40 MPG city. We'll see if that ends up being true, but it should check all of your boxes. It will seat 4 and have plenty of storage.

Otherwise I'd look at the basic Mazda 3 hatch. The FWD version with the non-turbo engine. It makes 187-ish hp which is more than enough for a commute car. It gets 34 highway, so less than your 40+ MPG.
Malbjey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 01:23 PM   #31
Callaway SC630

Drives: 2020 Callaway Camaro SC630
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
OP has this requirement: "I need a vehicle making atleast 40 MPG, preferably 50ish as it can be driven as much as 300 miles daily."

...when that comfy, 4000-4500-pound boat delivers 50 or even just 40+ mpg, I'll stand in awe and wonder

I guess the next time I will announce that I was trying to inject a little humor before I inject it.
Old 09-13-2021, 02:31 PM   #32
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
So I currently have 3 cars…

2017 Camaro 2SS (pretty satisfied with although not afraid of upgrading to a ZL1 or a C8)

1999 Camaro Z28 (LS3 swapped and cammed. I’m not trading or selling it.)

2015 Toyota Prius C (mini-Prius used for daily commuting and also business purposes, my main issue with this car is its too small and it rarely gets the EPA suggested fuel mileage of 50 MPG. In real world my mileage ranges between 30 and 45 MPG and it seems mostly to do with the weather than my driving.)

The Prius, I haul people and goods around in. It’s not stout at all and I have to becareful in terms of merging into traffic here in TX but it’s decent enough I suppose. I wouldn’t beable to do my business without it, I definitely need it’s fuel mileage and 4 doors. The Hatchback aspect of it is a very welcomed PLUS side but it’s not a MUST, although it really helps when I have to haul stuff.

The positives about my Prius C:

— It handles extremely well. Better than both my SS and my Z28 mainly because it’s so light, it’s barely 2,000 lbs. If it had about 100 more HP it would be quite a fun car to drive.

— It’s compact … I can whip it around anything and fit through just about anything.

— It’s economical … It doesn’t hold much fuel but a tank will last approx 300 - 350 miles and cost at most $20 per fillup. Maintenance such as tires and brakes are a joke in terms of cost to replace compared to my SS.

— It’s reliable … it’s given me the ‘least’ mechanical problems out of all 3 of my cars.

The Negatives about my Prius C:

— It’s very low on power… dangerously low. It has less than 100 HP and out here we have 75 and 85 MPH speed limits where merging into high speed traffic takes a lot of creativity. This is amplified when taking passengers around, you can literally feel the strain this car is experiencing when just doing normal driving.

— It’s small. It can barely fit 3 passengers comfortably. While the hatchback aspect of it is nice, it doesn’t leave very much room in the hatch to take belongings.

— It’s fuel mileage is extremely turbulent. It can vary ALOT, and most of it is due to uncontrollable factors such as weather, humidity, headwind. Even driving economically makes minimal impact. It’s like it will decide if it wants to get Hybrid gas mileage or sh!t gas mileage on its own. Sometimes it barely gets better mileage than my SS, other times it gets into the mid - high 40 MPG range.

— It’s terrible on road trips. I actually still drive my SS on road trips because this car has 0 passing power, climbing steep hills is an impossiblility and you’re pretty much doomed if you get into a bad situation on the highway. That plus despite it getting better fuel mileage than my SS, it still has to stop TWICE as much on the highway because the tank is so small.

The car is mainly an around-town car and it serves its purpose fairly well but I’m coming to a point where it will need more maintenance than just oil changes and tires and I’m not sure if this is a car I want to invest in.

If I were to replace a car it would likely be this car first.

I need a vehicle making atleast 40 MPG, preferably 50ish as it can be driven as much as 300 miles daily.

Hatchback isn’t a must but it’s heavily preferred due to added capacity for storage (and thats pretty important for what I do). Definitely need more power than my Prius C offers.

4 doors is a must because I often haul people around. This is why I can’t use the Camaro’s

Reliability is also a must. I put cars through hell. It needs to beable to stand up to some abuse.

Power, it needs to be stronger than my Prius but doesn’t need to be a sports car in this area.

Handling, it would be so badass if I could find something that handles as well as my Prius C but most cars weigh more than it does so most likely I won’t be getting this.

Storage, this is super important.

So far I’ve been thinking

Toyota Camry Hybrid
Newer Toyota Prius (non C)
Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid
Kia Niro Hybrid
Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
Honda CRV Hybrid

Thoughts?
I would sell the Camaro and put a LT4 in the Prius. Repaint her and a new set of wheels.
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote