Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-09-2021, 09:54 AM   #29
NotFast

Drives: 2021 LT1
Easy to blame the current administration for gas prices, but do ya'all even realize why gas has gone up?
NotFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 09:56 AM   #30
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist View Post
Yeah weather in the Midwest has been great the past week! Took the ZL1 out of hibernation and racked up some miles the past few days. Even bought another motorcycle yesterday and rode it home. Definitely seen the gas prices increase tremendously over the past 2 months and only expect it to increase going forward unfortunately. The ZL1 is averaging 17mpg over its 12k mostly highway miles and actually the most economical of my 3 vehicles.
Nice! What did you get? I was thinking about cleaning my up and taking it out this weekend.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 09:58 AM   #31
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFast View Post
Easy to blame the current administration for gas prices, but do ya'all even realize why gas has gone up?
Obviously the weather down south has a huge effect and saw mention OPEC too. That said, many here understand an administration can also have an effect at the pump and why our expectations are only increased costs at the pump.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 10:02 AM   #32
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
OPEC and the USA have been cutting production since last year. The Texas freeze didn’t help either.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 10:06 AM   #33
Clearly_Canadian

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro
LOL, you guys are making me cry up here in Canada. With the liter to gallon and USD to CAD conversion factors, I am paying $4.49/gallon of 94. Luckily I haven't had to fill up since November. Unfortunately, I am due for another fill soon as the weather breaks and I can start to enjoy her again. This is going to be a pricey summer when I'm back to burning up a tank per week. About $500/month just in fuel.
Old 03-09-2021, 10:06 AM   #34
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
Nice! What did you get? I was thinking about cleaning my up and taking it out this weekend.
Picked up 08 Honda Interceptor VFR800. A bit vertically challenged and my big balls made bike selection limited. Good all around bike I have wanted for a while. I didn’t ride for years and last year picked up a Honda Grom and Ninja ZX6R mini-project to ride and mess with. Probably sell them and keep the VFR. Honestly I don’t have much free time to rack up miles but we have some decent local roads for some fun.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 10:46 AM   #35
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
I've heard those are nice bikes, but I haven't ridden one myself. I've been on a couple of ZX6R's.. '13 636 & an '18 636. Fun, nice looking bikes but they need more low end torque IMO. That and I wouldn't survive riding it for more than an hour or so. My latest is a Z1000..mixture of sport, muscle, and comfort.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 11:31 AM   #36
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clearly_Canadian View Post
LOL, you guys are making me cry up here in Canada. With the liter to gallon and USD to CAD conversion factors, I am paying $4.49/gallon of 94. Luckily I haven't had to fill up since November. Unfortunately, I am due for another fill soon as the weather breaks and I can start to enjoy her again. This is going to be a pricey summer when I'm back to burning up a tank per week. About $500/month just in fuel.
We will probably be there by the end of summer. My prediction only!
Old 03-10-2021, 12:19 PM   #37
Seniorrs

Drives: 21 Camaro RS manual v6.Tyota Tacoma
Elections have consequences
Seniorrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 05:35 PM   #38
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Am I one of the only people that doesn't pay attention to gas prices? I had this discussion earlier this week. I'm sure that I've lost money over the years, but I don't see any point in keeping tabs or stressing over the price of fuel. It is a necessity and most of us have no problem burning it even when we don't NEED to (joy rides anyone?) I honestly could hardly ever tell someone exactly what a gallon of gas costs.
No, you are not.

In 5.5 years of ownership, I have spent $11,000 on fuel for my truck. That's $2,000/year on average. Somewhere close to $40/week. If gas were 50% more expensive over the life of the truck, that's $60/week I would be paying.

Given that my Camaro is a Summer Weekend car and sees 1/3 of the miles that the truck does, I don't focus on the overall cost of gas. Mind you, that doesn't mean I'm willing to drop $4/gallon when the station down the road is selling gas for $3/gallon. As long as it's Top Tier gasoline, I'll run it. And I generally only ever get gas at Costco anyhow as their prices for 93 are about the same as everyone else's prices for 87.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 05:39 PM   #39
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Yes, because Hot Ham Water!

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 05:48 PM   #40
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Am I one of the only people that doesn't pay attention to gas prices? I had this discussion earlier this week. I'm sure that I've lost money over the years, but I don't see any point in keeping tabs or stressing over the price of fuel. It is a necessity and most of us have no problem burning it even when we don't NEED to (joy rides anyone?) I honestly could hardly ever tell someone exactly what a gallon of gas costs.
No and to add to this... I had a discussion with a buddy about hang drying vs. Electric dryer drying. Trust me, and electric dryer is not that bad on electricity vs all the other crap that is leaching and the time wasted on hanging.

It is all about what you want and need from life. Some of us want rice.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 06:38 PM   #41
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT58 View Post
Yup gas prices are sky rocketing now. I traded my V6 Camaro for a C6 Vette and I am for sure missing the gas mileage of the Camaro in the low 30's- and on regular gas. I was spending only about 20 a week for a super long work commute. I now spend about 50 in my truck and it's only going up.
My modded C6 got much better gas mileage vs my 2021 LT1. I may just get rid of it once it goes over $4 a gal. I know what is coming and i am not paying for it.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 06:42 PM   #42
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
I have always hated gas prices since the 1980's. I just have a cut off and the prices goes to a point i am done. Really thinking about doing without a car at all anymore. Save 500 to 700 a month on a payment and gas money as well and Ins. That would buy me a new roof in a years time.

That is my biggest cost. I have no bills and house is paid for. I am single and no kids. I just don't drive enough anymore it seems to bother with a car.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote