#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-17-2022, 12:49 PM   #29
snekk

Drives: 2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE 10AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
Having had my 2022 PDK GT4 for a month now, the numbers are deceiving.

My SS 1LE had 460HP & 460 TQ, but weighed like 3,7xx, I believe.

My PDK GT4 is 414HP & 317 TQ, and weighs 3,2xx

The GT4 feels and IS a good amount quicker than my SS 1LE was. Both in low speed and high speed. The GT4 pulls much harder in the upper RPM band and it is something you can feel in your seat.

Either Porsche is sandbagging their numbers and/or the drivetrain lose is minimal, because it feels and IS much quicker than its numbers on paper.

European manufacturers really do sandbag their numbers quite a lot. The Golf R is a great example, even when mine was stock it felt a lot faster than the 288hp the spec sheet says. Now with a basic stage 1 tune and an intake I'm making around 400hp. Thanks to the cast iron EA888 with factory forged crank and rods there are people out their reliably making 600hp with full bolt-ons and stock internals.

I'm sure the GT4 probably has even better headroom when it comes to modding it.
  • Castrol SRF Brake Fluid
  • Track Alignment (-2 Front, -1.5 Rear, 0.1 Toe)

2019 VW Golf R DSG (Daily/AutoX)
  • EQT Stage 1 ECU/TCU Tune
  • 350whp, 3.6s 0-60
snekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 08:16 PM   #30
evanescent03

Drives: '19 SS 1LE/'19 Rubicon/'20 AT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
Having just got my first Porsche (2022 GT4) , and watching a bunch of Porsche track videos, I can tell you that Porsche's PASM is not as good as MRC.
I was super impressed with my SS1LE and also thought highly of the suspension. That car gave me lots of confidence and was really impressed with the adjustability from touring to track. Blew away my 2016 M3 M suspension and the 718S although they 718 inherently just felt like more of a go kart. I just ordered a GT4 and scheduled to be here mid-June, hopefully early enough for my July trip to VIR. I’m ever so slightly concerned that I won’t be impressed enough to feel like it was worth the cost over the SS1LE… but we’ll see. I really don’t like the idea of changing the suspension but I guess I should look into the setup you mentioned… also adding an axel-lift while I’m at it would be helpful. Over-axle pipes and maybe the seat angle adjustment are the only things I’m considering now.

The SS1LE is an absolute track weapon for anything under $100K and it was fun, not just fast. Great driving OP!