Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 02-05-2020, 02:05 PM   #393
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
Yeah, I just got a capable computer, is the Logitech G29 wheel and shifter for Grand Turismo the best place to start?
I'm not the expert at all...I might play a video game 2-4 times in a year. Younger me would be astonished
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 02:14 PM   #394
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
I'm not the expert at all...I might play a video game 2-4 times in a year. Younger me would be astonished
Video games are one of my favorite ways to de-stress. A good game can help you forget all that stresses you.
Old 02-05-2020, 02:25 PM   #395
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by unavailablezl1 View Post
And I think the extra coolers, the Track Cooling Package with engine oil, differential and transmission coolers, is only on the 1LE. Not on the "plain" SS.
You would be very incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Actually, no. I'm just tired the bickering nonsense. I do think you're a Mustang fanboy. I thought that from the minute you came over here talking shit to me. I never said anything bad about the SS. In fact, you took more offense to what I said about the GT500 and defended it more than what you thought I was talking about the SS. You sat here questioning me in personal aspects of my life, talking shit about what I ran at the track, and talking down to me. However I don't want this thread to get closed and that is where this was headed. So if this is what I gotta do to keep things civil then so be it. I'll do my part.

Edit: I'll concede that you are not that bad. You're ok...at best. Not as cool as shaffe but slightly more ok than newmoon on his bad days.

I have no desire to run DRs. At least not until I'm done with some heavy mods!!

I was not aware of that. I have seen SS Camaros with blowers start to suffer from heat soak at the track and when racing while my ZL1 was perfectly fine. So maybe I mistakened venting for coolers. I do know that GM didn't change the front of the ZL1s when they did the refresh because they said the ZL1 had optimal cooling and they didn't want to alter that.

I'm saying that nobody has even tried yet. Or at least, nobody has made any mention of trying. When the car gets into the hands of the public I am pretty sure there will be lots of 10 sec runs bone stock...without a tailwind.
You're absolutely ridiculous, idk why I'm surprised though I need to stop, it's embarrassing for you, but...Why do you have no desire for traction and running your best time? Such a loser mentality

Yes venting/airflow. I want a ZL1 front end for added airflow and wider front fenders for tires, not to be a ricer, but i don't want to spend the money on it.

If traction is actually an issue on the C8 yes there will be lots of 10s, but per the reviews so far it just hooks up, so there won't be lots.
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 02:54 PM   #396
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
My comment was about the 720S. There is nothing that a stock GT500 can beat a 720S in.

Actually, no. I'm just tired the bickering nonsense. I do think you're a Mustang fanboy. I thought that from the minute you came over here talking shit to me. I never said anything bad about the SS. In fact, you took more offense to what I said about the GT500 and defended it more than what you thought I was talking about the SS. You sat here questioning me in personal aspects of my life, talking shit about what I ran at the track, and talking down to me. However I don't want this thread to get closed and that is where this was headed. So if this is what I gotta do to keep things civil then so be it. I'll do my part.

Edit: I'll concede that you are not that bad. You're ok...at best. Not as cool as shaffe but slightly more ok than newmoon on his bad days.

I have no desire to run DRs. At least not until I'm done with some heavy mods!!

I was not aware of that. I have seen SS Camaros with blowers start to suffer from heat soak at the track and when racing while my ZL1 was perfectly fine. So maybe I mistakened venting for coolers. I do know that GM didn't change the front of the ZL1s when they did the refresh because they said the ZL1 had optimal cooling and they didn't want to alter that.

I'm saying that nobody has even tried yet. Or at least, nobody has made any mention of trying. When the car gets into the hands of the public I am pretty sure there will be lots of 10 sec runs bone stock...without a tailwind.
The standard SS front fascia has ducting for the the auxiliary coolers also. This photo illustrates perfectly. The 16-18 were similar
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 03:11 PM   #397
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Video games are one of my favorite ways to de-stress. A good game can help you forget all that stresses you.
True dat.....it is also widely thought that people who play video games have an enhanced brain making them more intelligent. True fact.

https://redtri.com/does-playing-vide...tudy-says-yes/

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 03:14 PM   #398
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
I used to use my Bike for that...it's long sold and all my time is dedicated to our 11 month old.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 03:21 PM   #399
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
You're absolutely ridiculous, idk why I'm surprised though I need to stop, it's embarrassing for you,
You're tolerable now so I'll let that slide. I gotta ask tho, why a Calloway SS? They seem awfully expensive for a SS with a blower. Did you get yours in 2016 before the ZL1 was available? Just curious. Because between the two I would think the ZL1 would be a better choice

Quote:
but...Why do you have no desire for traction and running your best time? Such a loser mentality
But I did not say I have no desire for traction. I said I have no desire to run DRs until my mods are done. As of right now it would be an unnecessary expense. I went with MSP4S as I think those will be best for my purposes for this car. I wanted a good tire that is good for DD including rainy conditions. I was gonna go with the Conti Extreme Contact but I chose the P4s instead.

Quote:
Yes venting/airflow. I want a ZL1 front end for added airflow and wider front fenders for tires, not to be a ricer, but i don't want to spend the money on it.
Gotta pay to play. I don't want to spend the money in the fueling upgrades that I will need to push this car over 750 RWHP. I'm pretty much gonna be spending more for fueling upgrades than I will for the damn blower itself. But I think this car is worth it. And I think the end product will justify the price. If I spend GT500 money (including the price of what I paid for my ZL1) and get a 1000 RWHP car as the end result then I think it will have been worthwhile.

Quote:
If traction is actually an issue on the C8 yes there will be lots of 10s, but per the reviews so far it just hooks up, so there won't be lots.
Oh I am sure it can be done. You'll see.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 04:42 PM   #400
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
You would be very incorrect
You're absolutely ridiculous, idk why I'm surprised though I need to stop, it's embarrassing for you, but...Why do you have no desire for traction and running your best time? Such a loser mentality
So far I enjoy your post, but I don't know if who is being embarrassed. Clearly most NORMAL people even big car enthusiasts don't go around on 22 PSI DR. If you are talking about "real" 00 wear drag tires, because IMO this is what it would take, they handle like a rotten banana. Why would anybody drive with rotten banana on the back of their sports car (that what the ZL1 and Shelby are)? I build cars, my car is used for driving hence the word CAR, not race car, not drag car, not trailer queen, not lawn ornament, but CAR. I have absolutely NO care about what times on a prep track on special tires a "car" can go. I only know and care about what I can do with my car on pump fuel on the tires that are normally on it, under conditions generally found on the road. I would assume that is true for 99.999% of the performance enthusiast. Truth be told performance on the drag strip will always go to the guy with the biggest wallet coupled by the least streetable setup. In reality 1/4 mile performance at a prep drag strip, with drag oriented tires is really a meaningless metric when talking about production cars.

Quote:
Don't know, low 11s seems pretty fast for sub 500 HP engine. So it is hard for me to believe it is an issue considering we are talking about production streetcars on production rubber. The base C8 would may need a tinge.

But yeah if you are talking about a drag pack with light rims, sticky 00 tires in the back and a prep track, pizza-cutter lightweight wheels in the front.. I can see 10s, I would imagine 18" wheels with a 10% smaller in diameter tire for a little more gear. For bragging rights, don't think it would be all that fun on the street. A local guy has a ZLE with drag pack on it. That is a lot of money, weight and air drag only to run a drag pack on it... but it is his money, he should give me the "heavy" DSSV for my stock dampers....

Hmm Calaway package.... nice.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.

Last edited by oldman; 02-05-2020 at 05:00 PM.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 04:50 PM   #401
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
And I think the extra coolers, the Track Cooling Package with engine oil, differential and transmission coolers, is only on the 1LE. Not on the "plain" SS.
I can assure you that this is wrong.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 07:10 PM   #402
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
So far I enjoy your post, but I don't know if who is being embarrassed. Clearly most NORMAL people even big car enthusiasts don't go around on 22 PSI DR. If you are talking about "real" 00 wear drag tires, because IMO this is what it would take, they handle like a rotten banana. Why would anybody drive with rotten banana on the back of their sports car (that what the ZL1 and Shelby are)? I build cars, my car is used for driving hence the word CAR, not race car, not drag car, not trailer queen, not lawn ornament, but CAR. I have absolutely NO care about what times on a prep track on special tires a "car" can go. I only know and care about what I can do with my car on pump fuel on the tires that are normally on it, under conditions generally found on the road. I would assume that is true for 99.999% of the performance enthusiast. Truth be told performance on the drag strip will always go to the guy with the biggest wallet coupled by the least streetable setup. In reality 1/4 mile performance at a prep drag strip, with drag oriented tires is really a meaningless metric when talking about production cars.
Over a decade ago I got into a debate with a friend of mine. My thought was that going all out at the drag strip was for bragging rights. I said I preferred to see what my car could do in conditions that I normally drive in. I mean, what good is a 10.6 in the best conditions when it becomes 11.6 in every day conditions? To this day I have not launched, lowered tire pressure, ran on 1/4 tank of gas (dangerous anyway), or done any of those tricks that people do. All my times are from pulling up to the line and feathering the clutch (in my manual cars) or rolling lightly off the throttle and then nailing it when the tires hook. Hence the 11.8 I ran in my ZL1. I left it in D no paddles no launch on 32 psi. I don't do max effort runs.

But when I get the C8, all of that will change as I'll be gunning for high 10s.
Old 02-05-2020, 07:25 PM   #403
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
Quote:
Over a decade ago I got into a debate with a friend of mine. My thought was that going all out at the drag strip was for bragging rights. I said I preferred to see what my car could do in conditions that I normally drive in. I mean, what good is a 10.6 in the best conditions when it becomes 11.6 in every day conditions? To this day I have not launched, lowered tire pressure, ran on 1/4 tank of gas (dangerous anyway), or done any of those tricks that people do. All my times are from pulling up to the line and feathering the clutch (in my manual cars) or rolling lightly off the throttle and then nailing it when the tires hook. Hence the 11.8 I ran in my ZL1. I left it in D no paddles no launch on 32 psi. I don't do max effort runs.

But when I get the C8, all of that will change as I'll be gunning for high 10s.
I rode passenger in my buddy's 911 on an autox cross once and it felt like he was running slicks coming out of turns even though he had stock tires. You are going to fall in love with that high rear weight bias. Doubt it will ever get old.
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 08:08 PM   #404
hotlap

Quote:
The SS has the same cooling as the 1LE including the brake ducts.
Name:  C4A496F2-0DC2-40C1-9B4C-68606FF8FB5A.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  166.7 KB
https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...age=7&butID=16

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 02-05-2020, 08:22 PM   #405
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
The SS has the same cooling as the 1LE including the brake ducts.
Attachment 1018941
https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...age=7&butID=16
So the standard SS has better cooling than the PP2...??
Old 02-05-2020, 09:10 PM   #406
hotlap

Quote:
So the standard SS has better cooling than the PP2...??
YES! The SS is sold and warranted for track use. The PP2 is a poser that Ford clearly said is not.

The Camaro team claimed that the SS could run a full tank of fuel at 10/10 on their test track without overheating.
Name:  58FE3BA5-E5A7-4DF3-98C9-41B586D66C68.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  157.7 KB
https://www.gmcertified.com/PDFs/Mod...let-Camaro.pdf
Name:  6E79A182-D0FF-4ACC-BCE0-F030D2E1B0CD.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  83.1 KB
https://www.chevrolet.com/camaro-lif...-sports-car/ss

Ronald Reagan -