Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Thread Closed

Old 12-14-2017, 08:42 AM   #393
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I doubt they will get away with ADMs this time around. Mainly because there is just too much competition.
Hopefully, ADMs are bad all around.

Quote:
Well technically if you're at a Test and Tune night (as they call it up here in NJ), then it is true that it doesn't start timing you until you cross the beam. However, you get only 5 seconds before it actually DOES starts counting, lol!! So once the green light shows you have 5 seconds to start your run. If you go before the 5 seconds then it starts when you cross that beam. If you wait more than 5 seconds then each additional tenth of a second that you wait counts towards your time. I'm not sure if other tracks do it differently or whatever. There have been plenty of times where I sat at the green light and took a nice deep breath before starting my run. It is good to do that every now and then if you're looking to get the best possible time.

I'm gonna guess he did a mid to low 12. Like a 12.4.
I think at my local tracks, if you don;t go after a certain amount of time it wont time the run, it cancels out but I don't remember 100%. Been years since I made a pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
I think you missed my point however. Currently, the Mustang lineup goes like this...

GT350
GT
Ecoboost

If they add in the GT500 and change nothing else, it becomes like this..

GT500
GT350
GT
Ecoboost.

The Camaro lineup is simply SS or ZL1....no inbetween car. If Ford keeps the GT350 in production, its going to either have to take a price hit or its going to jack the price up on both the GT350 and the 500.

One of the earlier posters mentioned that they would expect the GT350 production to end, and I think that's probably the more realistic thing to happen. This eliminates a car between....

Chrysler has had a similar issue with the V8 models for their cars too...with the R/T, SRT8 392, Hellcat, and now the Demon...
I think that if/when the GT500 comes, the 350 is gone. I do not expect them to be built side by side.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 12-14-2017, 09:30 AM   #394
68fbjjz109

Drives: 15 GTPP, CUCV Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
I think you missed my point however. Currently, the Mustang lineup goes like this...

GT350
GT
Ecoboost

If they add in the GT500 and change nothing else, it becomes like this..

GT500
GT350
GT
Ecoboost.

The Camaro lineup is simply SS or ZL1....no inbetween car. If Ford keeps the GT350 in production, its going to either have to take a price hit or its going to jack the price up on both the GT350 and the 500.

One of the earlier posters mentioned that they would expect the GT350 production to end, and I think that's probably the more realistic thing to happen. This eliminates a car between....

Chrysler has had a similar issue with the V8 models for their cars too...with the R/T, SRT8 392, Hellcat, and now the Demon...

The GT350 production is supposed to end. They are not producing as many 18' GT350s. This is based on the engine labor contracts IIRC.

However I don't see it being any different than say MY14.

GT500
BOSS 302
Mustang GT
V6 Mustang

Ford keeps there cost low by limiting potential build variation in options and bundling content. There is a big difference in potential combinations of order-able options between the cars.
Old 12-14-2017, 10:01 AM   #395
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
The Camaro lineup is LS, LT, SS, and ZL1 with 4 different engines. So technically GM is more complex than them.

Also what issues have Dodge had? They have been running a huge number of models for awhile. Currently it's, SXT, GT, R/T, R/T Scat Pack, T/A, SRT, Hellcat, and now Demon. That's not even including the Shaker trims and 392/5.7L options in some.
I was primarily referencing the V8 model lineup... but its basically going back to the old Firebird/Trans-Am/Camaro times where they were stealing sales from each other.

The prices on the ScatPack's are pretty much at R/T prices....and the Hellcats are still in the high 60k range for 2 year old brand new cars sitting on lots...
Old 12-14-2017, 10:43 AM   #396
SSfriendly
Banned

Drives: Looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Exactly!

Manufacturers can prevent these issues by just producing enough for demand.
You're assuming that the halo cars are equally profitable as the regular cars. There is only incentive to produce more if it aligns with making more money.

You have to remember as well, those that can afford admin will pay it. The rest of us can remain pissed off, but unless Ford steps in and starts telling the dealers what to do, admins will remain.
Old 12-14-2017, 10:58 AM   #397
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSfriendly View Post
You have to remember as well, those that can afford admin will pay it. The rest of us can remain pissed off, but unless Ford steps in and starts telling the dealers what to do, admins will remain.
Wrong again. I could def afford ADMs. I refuse to pay them. And plenty of others have walked away from the GT350(R) because of ADMs. Plenty of people walked away from the Hellcats too back when they had ADMs. And the Demon is no different. Nobody is pissed off about it. I certainly wasn't. ADMs on an underperforming NA car with a shitload of issues and a "Shelby" badge slapped on it that doesn't have options? No thanks. I was actually looking to get the price discounted, lol!! And again, I doubt they'll get away with it this time around since there is enough competition out there. Once you get into the $90K range when $10K-$20K of that money is ADM you WILL start looking at better cars. $90K for a Shelby? Or throw a little more money out there and get a R8, Z06, GTR, Viper? LOL! The only people who paid that much for the Shelby were looking to turn a profit.
Old 12-14-2017, 11:05 AM   #398
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
You're assuming that the halo cars are equally profitable as the regular cars. There is only incentive to produce more if it aligns with making more money.

I'm not assuming anything, just stating that based on the fact that law prevents Ford from stepping in and dictating what independent dealerships can do, the ONLY way Ford CAN prevent ADMs is with supply.

Not making a statement that the solution would be profitable or even plausible, just highlighting the fact that there is really only one solution to the problem, because as you highlighted there will always be people with more money than sense that will pay ADMs if they exist.
Old 12-14-2017, 11:19 AM   #399
SSfriendly
Banned

Quote:
Wrong again. I could def afford ADMs. I refuse to pay them. And plenty of others have walked away from the GT350(R) because of ADMs. Plenty of people walked away from the Hellcats too back when they had ADMs. And the Demon is no different. Nobody is pissed off about it. I certainly wasn't. ADMs on an underperforming NA car with a shitload of issues and a "Shelby" badge slapped on it that doesn't have options? No thanks. I was actually looking to get the price discounted, lol!! And again, I doubt they'll get away with it this time around since there is enough competition out there. Once you get into the $90K range when $10K-$20K of that money is ADM you WILL start looking at better cars. $90K for a Shelby? Or throw a little more money out there and get a R8, Z06, GTR, Viper? LOL! The only people who paid that much for the Shelby were looking to turn a profit.
If you refuse to pay admin, then you can't afford them....sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
I'm not assuming anything, just stating that based on the fact that law prevents Ford from stepping in and dictating what independent dealerships can do, the ONLY way Ford CAN prevent ADMs is with supply.

Not making a statement that the solution would be profitable or even plausible, just highlighting the fact that there is really only one solution to the problem, because as you highlighted there will always be people with more money than sense that will pay ADMs if they exist.
If the profit margin isn't good enough on their flagship models, there is no incentive for Ford to sell more vehicles....especially when they are notorious for having warranty issues.
Old 12-14-2017, 11:25 AM   #400
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Which is why I bypassed the GT350 and bought 2 cars that were more expensive than the GT350 WITH ADMs. Sure bro. Speak for yourself. YOU can't afford them. Heck, even without the ADMs and a $5K discount you couldn't get one. You don't even own a car. Otherwise you'd have one. Some of us realize that an ADM is just throwing away money. I'm too smart to take $20K and throw it away. "Hey, Ford dealership salesman, how much is that GT350? Oh, $56K MSRP? Sure I'll take it. And you know what, here's an extra $20,000 for your troubles sir! Why thank you, and a good day to you as well my good man."
Old 12-14-2017, 11:31 AM   #401
SSfriendly
Banned

Quote:
Which is why I bypassed the GT350 and bought 2 cars that were more expensive than the GT350 WITH ADMs. Sure bro. Speak for yourself. YOU can't afford them. Heck, even without the ADMs and a $5K discount you couldn't get one. You don't even own a car. Otherwise you'd have one. Some of us realize that an ADM is just throwing away money. I'm too smart to take $20K and throw it away. "Hey, Ford dealership salesman, how much is that GT350? Oh, $56K MSRP? Sure I'll take it. And you know what, here's an extra $20,000 for your troubles sir! Why thank you, and a good day to you as well my good man."
Yes! Admin IS throwing away money. You not wanting to throw away $20k shows that you cannot afford to pay Admin. That extra $20k would hurt.
Old 12-14-2017, 11:52 AM   #402
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Yes! Admin IS throwing away money. You not wanting to throw away $20k shows that you cannot afford to pay Admin. That extra $20k would hurt.
I can't afford to go to whatever school taught you about finances. That's for sure. I can throw away $20,000 over the course of time on vacations, mods for my cars, going out on dates, alcohol, etc. I won't throw away $20K in ADMs. The difference is that in one situation you're making the money work for you or you're getting something out of it. You can say you went to Paris, you threw a turbo and other mods on your car, you went on 10 cruises, etc. In the other case the money is doing nothing for you. You went to a dealership, paid the MSRP on a car (the car is doing something for you in enjoyment/transportation BTW), and then GAVE the dealership $20,000 for nothing. So that $20,000 gave you nothing in return. You'd be better gambling that money because at least you had the chance to win big. So your argument is not logical. And it's a shame I have to explain this to you. Smart money works for you and brings you more money. Stupid money is thrown away. And having money to throw away AND actually throwing it away is stupid.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:00 PM   #403
SSfriendly
Banned

Quote:
I can't afford to go to whatever school taught you about finances. That's for sure. I can throw away $20,000 over the course of time on vacations, mods for my cars, going out on dates, alcohol, etc. I won't throw away $20K in ADMs. The difference is that in one situation you're making the money work for you or you're getting something out of it. You can say you went to Paris, you threw a turbo and other mods on your car, you went on 10 cruises, etc. In the other case the money is doing nothing for you. You went to a dealership, paid the MSRP on a car (the car is doing something for you in enjoyment/transportation BTW), and then GAVE the dealership $20,000 for nothing. So that $20,000 gave you nothing in return. You'd be better gambling that money because at least you had the chance to win big. So your argument is not logical. And it's a shame I have to explain this to you. Smart money works for you and brings you more money. Stupid money is thrown away. And having money to throw away AND actually throwing it away is stupid.
So to sum it up, you don't have have money to throw a way...hence you cannot afford Admin.

Hey, some people can't afford to buy new cars either (but they still do). Buying any vehicle new is a stupid financial decision....yet people still do it.

Can you go to vegas and a dozen times a year and afford to lose $20k per trip gambling? I didn't think so, yet people do it all the time....as they can afford it.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:07 PM   #404
ST1LE

Quote:
So to sum it up, you don't have have money to throw a way...hence you cannot afford Admin.

Hey, some people can't afford to buy new cars either (but they still do). Buying any vehicle new is a stupid financial decision....yet people still do it.

Can you go to vegas and a dozen times a year and afford to lose $20k per trip gambling? I didn't think so, yet people do it all the time....as they can afford it.
I really don't have anything against you personally, and we seem to agree often enough. That said, every time you come in to one of these threads you take sh!t to a personal level and it all gets worse. You can certainly claim some responsibility for the previous threads closure, so please, STOP!
Old 12-14-2017, 12:09 PM   #405
ST1LE

Quote:

If the profit margin isn't good enough on their flagship models, there is no incentive for Ford to sell more vehicles....especially when they are notorious for having warranty issues.
WOW, you just love to argue. You just cannot freakin help yourself. I even admitted that I am not talking about that, and you still carry on.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:19 PM   #406
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:

Losing $240,000 a year in gambling vs paying $20K in ADMs is not even in the same...WTF are you even talking about?? This has got to be the most retarded thing I've ever heard. Even millionaires who are pro gamblers don't throw away a quarter of a million dollars a year gambling. How does that even support your argument?

So what I suspect you're saying is that if I went to buy a Mustang GT for $35K...and the dealership threw an extra $20K on top of the price but gave me nothing for that $20K...so I said "hell no" and then went and bought a $65K Camaro ZL1 instead, then in your head that somehow means that I couldn't afford to buy a stock base model GT for $55K??

Closed Thread