Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-22-2017, 04:37 PM   #393
Goertz

Drives: 2016 1SS Auto
got my new plx wideband setup and plx boostmodule so I can set some safety warnings and all.

Did some 3rd gear hits and our afs were really rich 10.5 afr @ 10lbs so I dialled back on the meth kit and have it holding a solid 11.5afr now. Should be able to add another 2lbs of boost at the track this weekend while keeping a safe afr so we are hoping to bump that 135 up to a 137 or so.

We are going to try lowing the converter pressure at launch to see if we can stall it up a little higher on the stock converter as well. Mainly we are going out this weekend to pull transmission data logs for Circle D that is gearing up to build our new converter...

Weather is supposed to be good this Friday so I'll keep everyone posted as things go.

Looking for someone to do some good vids for us to. My cell phone cam videos are probably getting really old now
Goertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 09:21 PM   #394
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
I think we will see even better results from last outing. Have fun, wish we had good weather here in Missouri, but we have about 2 months till our tracks open. Let er eat.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 07:56 PM   #395
Goertz

Picking up Splitsec as more help for the car.

They are on board to build us our new 8 additional injector controller and do a maf clamp as well as make a plug and play harness for the car.

So we were able to force 590whp/600wtrq out of the stock fueling system but it much more likes the 550whp/550wtrq zone. Idea is to turn the boost back down to that area where the stock fueling is happy and clamp the maf signal so it no longer tries to add more fueling, then with the added injector controller and our glorified meth kit (8x 80lb siemens deka injectors, aem 340lph pump, custom stainless 3-5 gallon fuel cell that will fit behind the carpet on the left side of the truck taking up zero trunk space, sheet metal intake manifold setup with rails and all custom stainless braided fuel lines to and from) we will have on tap an additional 350ish whp worth of pure meth fuel (add a second 340lph pump or go single large pump and bump the injector size for more fueling) on tap

No more dialing knobbs on the meth kit and crossing your fingers to keep good afrs, have 100% full control over the system with a separate ecu dedicated just to fuel injectors with 2 built in map sensors.

Look forward to us to be pushing the limits of the car for quite some time ahead. Then when we tap out the stock engine (hopefully withOUT blowing it haha can't afford 10grand paperweight...) we will bump the turbo size, toss in pistons/rods/etc and go even bigger.

Last edited by Goertz; 01-23-2017 at 09:25 PM.
Old 01-25-2017, 12:29 PM   #396
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
I hate that track especially the left lane.. looks like I gotta get some tires for my 5th gen.. M6 ran 13.13 @ 131 on 34psi goodyear f1s 3 sec 60 fts

Nice run was there that day in my yellow 6th gen on Stock goodyears runflats

12.79 on runflats same day as GOERTZ.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 05:26 PM   #397
Goertz

thanks for the vids bud,
that is the car with the cutout open hahah, the turbo quites it down sooo much...

Lonestar use to be my favorite track back in my s2000 drag car days (06/07), before Hennessey owned it... They would vht the track so hard I would cut 1.7 60 ft on plain street tires in a 450whp turbo s2000
Old 01-27-2017, 11:46 PM   #398
Goertz

Only 1 hit tonight but was better than last time.

No changes in boost or anything, was just a cold night out (52*F on the track)

Got a gopro cam vid I'll pot up when I get a chance

Car had 3/4 tank of 93 octane in it and has just driven 60miles to get to the track. Was very first hit one and done. Got our datalogs for Circle D to make the converter and packed it up and went home.

Weight with driver was 3995lbs
Attached Images

Old 01-28-2017, 08:10 AM   #399
LibertyHill

Drives: 16 2SS 6MT NPP MRC / 15 K1300S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goertz View Post
Picking up Splitsec as more help for the car.

They are on board to build us our new 8 additional injector controller and do a maf clamp as well as make a plug and play harness for the car.

So we were able to force 590whp/600wtrq out of the stock fueling system but it much more likes the 550whp/550wtrq zone. Idea is to turn the boost back down to that area where the stock fueling is happy and clamp the maf signal so it no longer tries to add more fueling, then with the added injector controller and our glorified meth kit (8x 80lb siemens deka injectors, aem 340lph pump, custom stainless 3-5 gallon fuel cell that will fit behind the carpet on the left side of the truck taking up zero trunk space, sheet metal intake manifold setup with rails and all custom stainless braided fuel lines to and from) we will have on tap an additional 350ish whp worth of pure meth fuel (add a second 340lph pump or go single large pump and bump the injector size for more fueling) on tap

No more dialing knobbs on the meth kit and crossing your fingers to keep good afrs, have 100% full control over the system with a separate ecu dedicated just to fuel injectors with 2 built in map sensors.

Look forward to us to be pushing the limits of the car for quite some time ahead. Then when we tap out the stock engine (hopefully withOUT blowing it haha can't afford 10grand paperweight...) we will bump the turbo size, toss in pistons/rods/etc and go even bigger.
Something like this seems like the only real solution for the big HP with DI. So this system would only add fuel at the top end above a certain amount of airflow? How do you "clamp" the stock MAF?

Rohana RFX-5 10/11, M/T 275/305, Eibachs, Hellwigs, Hurst SS, DMS LT4 SC 596HP/589TQ, DMS Low-side, Kooks 2LTs, MBRP Race, Rotofab, MMS CC
LibertyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 08:35 AM   #400
Goertz

Effectively the maf "clamp" will intercept the maf frequency before it goes to the ecu, at a designated frequency it will not allow the ecu to see anything higher than what you designate, this way the ecu doesn't continue demanding more fuel to keep up with the maf. At this point the supplemental system fills in the dots and is injecting the fuel via the 8 port injected injectors just like any normal fueling system.
Old 01-28-2017, 09:10 AM   #401
parish8

Drives: 17 SS a8
Quote:
Effectively the maf "clamp" will intercept the maf frequency before it goes to the ecu, at a designated frequency it will not allow the ecu to see anything higher than what you designate, this way the ecu doesn't continue demanding more fuel to keep up with the maf. At this point the supplemental system fills in the dots and is injecting the fuel via the 8 port injected injectors just like any normal fueling system.
nice runs. I cant wait to get my car running and make some runs.

I haven't tried it but I think you can do the same thing with the maf table in hp tuners. just flatten out the lb/min at whatever freq you want it to stop adding additional fuel. the freq will continue to go up but it wont add any more fuel.

most of what you are talking about has been done with a msd intake and a stand alone ecm for the extra injectors.

i think it may be important to push the stock computer to near its fueling limits before adding aux fuel just so the stock computer sees that you are making big horsepower. that way it will do whatever it needs to do to keep the trans happy. you don't want to under report power too much or the trans will burn up.
Old 01-28-2017, 07:25 PM   #402
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
got my new plx wideband setup and plx boostmodule so I can set some safety warnings and all.

Did some 3rd gear hits and our afs were really rich 10.5 afr @ 10lbs so I dialled back on the meth kit and have it holding a solid 11.5afr now.
I think this was a contributing factor to the car's improved performance this time out (better AFR).
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 07:57 PM   #403
Goertz

That and a 20*F drop in temps since the last time out
Old 02-01-2017, 07:25 PM   #404
Goertz

Just dropped the car off at Savage Street Cars in Houston Tx

Going to be getting, pistons/rods/cam and all associated parts.... Will have a top/bottom end good for 1200whp.

Should have this first intake manifold done in the next week or two then we are going to do some testing with it over at Powerfab on their FI C7 vette (first I want it to fit the vette... second make more power of course lol)

I know it will fit the Camaro just fine, I dropped the plenum roof down by 1.25" over my prior and picked the floor up almost 1" There should be room to put a full direct port no2 setup under the plenum. If not anything else the added room will allow us room to heat shield the plenum and get it fairly close to a plastic intake manifold in terms of heat soak (thats the goal). We are also working on a teflon heat spacer to go between the manifold and the heads.

So needless to say when the car comes back up and runnin again in the next 2ish months we will have a built converter, built bottom/top end for 1200whp and fueling ready for 1200whp also. The s475 turbo is rated to 1050hp so we are expecting around 800-900whp before we max it out.

After that we will see about our options to go on up to the 1200whp goal for the car. That's about my top end goal for this car because as long as it runs it is a daily driver and I think a 8 second car is plenty for a daily driver that my wife mainly drives hahah

We are going to be trying to get to the Camarofest7 this year likely with this s475 maxed out. Then later in the year we may try and do the Texas Mile with a bigger turbo thumping out over 1000whp.

We do have other ideas on how to implement this spool valve idea to a twin turbo setup instead.

I'm at a toss up of Precision 8891 bb turbo (nearly $3000) for going 1200whp... Or
Twin Borg Warner S366 (each good to about 650whp) These run for about $750ea depending on who you order from...

Now imagine this
Y pipe splitting up the boost pipe to the 2 turbos
custom spool valve made to shut off 1 turbo completely below a certain psi boost
spool valve on the remaining turbo (1.0ar t4 twin scroll) to get boost up super fast.

By doing this I believe full boost would be seen as soon as 2500-3000rpm. Use 1 turbo to get the boost up and moving then open the 2nd as back pressure becomes a issue and the added airflow is needed.

All good in the name of science, if it works then awesome if it doesn't I say screw it and go 1 big massive turbo.

Consequently this same idea could be applied to 2 turbos of different sizing, say I keep my s475 and just add in a s366 and shut off the s475 till the release in back pressure and added cfm is required...

Tons of ideas, just need a bullet proof engine/fueling ready to really do some rnd that this sport hasn't ever seen yet.

Effectively it would be a sequential turbo setup but with real turbos not dinky oem turbos
Old 02-01-2017, 09:05 PM   #405
7stringtheory

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I dont really know much about FI but is there a reason why you wouldnt use nitrous with a controller that brings it on at low RPM and shuts it off once boost reaches a set limit to spool the twin turbo setup instead of running it sequentially?
7stringtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 09:07 PM   #406
Goertz

Cause i like having power all the time and without having to refill bottles. And for the sake of trying something different