#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 05-21-2021, 08:14 AM   #379
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by weslp00 View Post
Glad Andersons got back to you with the promise of a replacement.
If they are going to check the rest of the batch that bodes well for other buyers too. This might all work out.
I am in the firing line for one hopefully July and I am getting in gear to sort the shipping to go over seas...I have an ask...do you remember roughly the size of the box that wing turned up in as the courier is probably gonna charge on volume?

Is huge an option. Probably something like 5x3x2
Old 05-21-2021, 08:28 AM   #380
weslp00

Drives: '18 2SSM6 Camaro ‘01C5Z06 Vet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxcam02 View Post
Is huge an option. Probably something like 5x3x2
Jeez!! It just gets better and better doesnt it!
And even at that size it looks as though some of the wings shown on here have been played football with!

I dont suppose you got an idea of the weight too? I suppose that is academic really seeing as it is the size of a small garden out house..lol

weslp00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 12:23 PM   #381
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
My box is 6'-3" x 2' x 1'. New wing is suppose to be ready in 3-4 weeks after they make sure it fits.
carguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 04:04 PM   #382
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by weslp00 View Post
Jeez!! It just gets better and better doesnt it!
And even at that size it looks as though some of the wings shown on here have been played football with!

I dont suppose you got an idea of the weight too? I suppose that is academic really seeing as it is the size of a small garden out house..lol

It's carbon fiber so the box is extremely light for it's size
Old 05-22-2021, 10:16 AM   #383
weslp00

Drives: '18 2SSM6 Camaro ‘01C5Z06 Vet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxcam02 View Post
It's carbon fiber so the box is extremely light for it's size
Well thanks all on the heads up on shipping box size and weight.
I am getting some really stupid quotes for moving this thing!
Im gonna do some more research and maybe get it in a container..theres no rush. Ive waited since January anyway..lol
weslp00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 08:42 PM   #384
VmaxGen2
USN CPO

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1, 2017 Camaro 2SS
Well, I have just finished reading all the posts in this thread. I want to say thank you to all who have contributed to this subject, it has undoubtedly helped many including me. Congratulations to those who received a good wing and so sorry for all that have suffered the marathon delivery wait along with disappointment when the wing arrived. I wanted this wing pretty bad like many, but after all the pain many of you have gone through I am going to pass on ordering an Andersons Composite wing. Will look for a used OEM wing or maybe an EOS wing.

It would be nice if we could get some folks with the EOS wing to post some quality photos showing close ups of the winglets joint. Most pics are dark and don't show the mated area well.

Thanks again to all and good luck to those who are still waiting for their AC wing.
Attached Images

VmaxGen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 09:12 PM   #385
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by VmaxGen2 View Post
Well, I have just finished reading all the posts in this thread. I want to say thank you to all who have contributed to this subject, it has undoubtedly helped many including me. Congratulations to those who received a good wing and so sorry for all that have suffered the marathon delivery wait along with disappointment when the wing arrived. I wanted this wing pretty bad like many, but after all the pain many of you have gone through I am going to pass on ordering an Andersons Composite wing. Will look for a used OEM wing or maybe an EOS wing.

It would be nice if we could get some folks with the EOS wing to post some quality photos showing close ups of the winglets joint. Most pics are dark and don't show the mated area well.

Thanks again to all and good luck to those who are still waiting for their AC wing.
Anderson Composites quality is typically the gold standard, it looks like they had a manufacturing or quality control issue but seemed very willing to fix it so its hard to ask much more from them. Defects happen even to the biggest companies, its a matter of how they handle it that matters.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 09:32 PM   #386
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
Anderson Composites quality is typically the gold standard, it looks like they had a manufacturing or quality control issue but seemed very willing to fix it so its hard to ask much more from them. Defects happen even to the biggest companies, its a matter of how they handle it that matters.
So have they gotten their act together then? Is it safe to purchase one now and not have to worry about getting something damaged?
Old 06-17-2021, 02:16 AM   #387
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
Quote:

I got a EOS wing coming my way soon. No promises but I can try to get pics once put together. And when I mean no promises, it is because I might not get to it for s minute. Work life balance is off.
Old 06-17-2021, 04:19 AM   #388
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
So have they gotten their act together then? Is it safe to purchase one now and not have to worry about getting something damaged?

I think the bigger issue you will find is they are at a 1 year wait.
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 04:44 AM   #389
Infamus

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:

I was in the same boat as you and this thread was very helpful...

I decided to pass on the Andersen wing as well. The wait time is ridiculous, no matter how you spin it.

I was going to give EOS a try but then decided to pass on them because of the winglets, I just dont want to have to glue anything on. It is an added failure point IMHO.

In the end I went with C7 Carbon they now have a wing that is the same specs as the OEM model and you can get it carbon or gloss black and one piece. I have installed a couple of these wings (the older versions) on a couple of buddies cars with good results. I also had one on my 2SS 1LE and the quality was first class. I ordered mine and it arrive in 4 weeks with no drama or damage.

I highly recommend them and would suggest that you check them out.
Infamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 07:19 AM   #390
PROMETHEUS

Drives: 2019 ZL-1, Shadow Gray, Sold
I bought this on ebay from IKON Motorsports. It is ABS and you have to put it together, just like the one offered by EOS.
No instructions, but you really don't need any, once you figure out how it all goes together. I had to fix a couple of minor hardware problems, but it wasn't difficult.
Unfortunately the inboard side of the wings were not painted gloss black. So I had a can of gloss black and it worked out great. Had to do some finish work on the paint, but you can't tell the difference between their paint and mine. I didn't use the epoxy they sent, this was recommended to me by another owner of the wing. It worked great and dries black. There is a 1/8 inch grooved out part of the winglet, where it attaches to the wing. Can't get it wrong! I have been to two track days and a third one today, have had no issues with it, so far. I didn't like the double sided tape they sent along, so I used them as templates and made some out of 3M VHB tape. It installed perfectly onto the car, the bolts when right into the holes and I also reused the OEM nuts, because they have that flange on them.
Half the cost of AC or Carbon C7. I am very happy with it and it didn't take months to get it. LOL.
Attached Images

PROMETHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 08:46 AM   #391
VmaxGen2
USN CPO

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1, 2017 Camaro 2SS
Thank you for sharing/posting pics PROMETHEUS.
VmaxGen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 07:23 AM   #392
Infamus

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS View Post
I bought this on ebay from IKON Motorsports. It is ABS and you have to put it together, just like the one offered by EOS.
No instructions, but you really don't need any, once you figure out how it all goes together. I had to fix a couple of minor hardware problems, but it wasn't difficult.
Unfortunately the inboard side of the wings were not painted gloss black. So I had a can of gloss black and it worked out great. Had to do some finish work on the paint, but you can't tell the difference between their paint and mine. I didn't use the epoxy they sent, this was recommended to me by another owner of the wing. It worked great and dries black. There is a 1/8 inch grooved out part of the winglet, where it attaches to the wing. Can't get it wrong! I have been to two track days and a third one today, have had no issues with it, so far. I didn't like the double sided tape they sent along, so I used them as templates and made some out of 3M VHB tape. It installed perfectly onto the car, the bolts when right into the holes and I also reused the OEM nuts, because they have that flange on them.
Half the cost of AC or Carbon C7. I am very happy with it and it didn't take months to get it. LOL.
not bad at all thanks for sharing...
Infamus is offline   Reply With Quote