Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-25-2017, 02:38 PM   #3389
RCF

Drives: '17 2SS, NGM, MRC, DPP; '19 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klayman View Post
I got the whole kit for fathers day....RPI may sell just the rear reflector covers....may have to call them.

They are easy to put in and cover very well...I just had to flex them to bend a little prior to removing the sticky film paper so they would match the slight curve of the vehicle.
Ah ok... thanks! And thanks for the install tips!

I just installed my Diode Dynamics smoked side markers, and already the the dark tail lights. Just need these and the 3rd brake light (which sounds mounts out as I didn't get in my preorder very early... ).
RCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 04:43 PM   #3390
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Traded out my wheel studs for longer ones. Now I can run my 5mm spacers and track wheels.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 08:17 PM   #3391
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Drives: 2017 NFG 1SS 1LE
New photos. Day 3 of ownership. Lol

SigPic by Hazman
Demon War Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 08:29 PM   #3392
BowtieRocket

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS- M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
Traded out my wheel studs for longer ones. Now I can run my 5mm spacers and track wheels.
Did you get them from the dealer? Ill be needing a set eventually.
Old 06-25-2017, 09:33 PM   #3393
Nfg2ss
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 NFG 2SS
Pics of striker covers.
Attached Images

Nfg2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 09:35 PM   #3394
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieRocket View Post
Did you get them from the dealer? Ill be needing a set eventually.
Yup. Just went to their parts department and asked for 10 of them.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 06:05 AM   #3395
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Added Black "Fifty" badges to my 17 SS convertible.
Attached Images

Old 06-26-2017, 08:23 AM   #3396
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
13 hrs straight on the road Saturday, and 5 hours cleaning the car on Sunday along with lamenting a host of new chips and nicks. Did a total of approximately 2700 miles of driving this week and had some observations:

* The limited trunk space was an issue this trip. While I was able to fit 2 suitcases (1 large, one small), the wife's makeup case, accessory stuff, a couple of bagged chairs in the trunk, it was very tight and required a degree in Tetris. Getting the suitcases in/out was a pain in the ass, not to mention it scuffed up the trunk's plastic trim pieces unfortunately.

* The small back seat was more of a problem than anticipated and was the one part that really bothered me here. Picking up my 18 yr old daughter to come with us anywhere made things very cramped. The wife is 5'9" and her knees were pretty much pinned to the dash with the seat forward enough to give my daughter space. Outside of that, the car was no less comfortable than my 5th gen was on similar trips with just the wife and I in it. The seats were great even though I don't have the stop bolt drilled out to increase the recline angle yet. Getting out of the car after some marathon driving to fill up, I didn't feel stiff and sore like I thought I might.

* Averaged about 27.2 mpg on the highway with an average speed of 71 mph with some WOT jaunts here and there to get around traffic or jackasses, or when the wife just pissed me off. Was in the 20 range around town, for the most part.

* Oil consumption was less than 1/4 of a quart (probably about 1/8th)

All in all, a really nice first big road trip in the SS across 9 states; MA, CT, RI, NY, PA, MD, WV, VA, TN. I usually make a road trip to MA for Father's Day weekend and on the way back I always seem to be passing through Carlisle during the Camaro or Chevrolet Nationals. Saw a ton of 5th gens and assorted Chevy's along the way, got some waves from a few and was tailing another 6th gen SS down 81S in VA for awhile.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 08:59 AM   #3397
Krowser

Drives: ZL1 Mosaic Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post
13 hrs straight on the road Saturday, and 5 hours cleaning the car on Sunday along with lamenting a host of new chips and nicks. Did a total of approximately 2700 miles of driving this week and had some observations:

* The limited trunk space was an issue this trip. While I was able to fit 2 suitcases (1 large, one small), the wife's makeup case, accessory stuff, a couple of bagged chairs in the trunk, it was very tight and required a degree in Tetris. Getting the suitcases in/out was a pain in the ass, not to mention it scuffed up the trunk's plastic trim pieces unfortunately.

* The small back seat was more of a problem than anticipated and was the one part that really bothered me here. Picking up my 18 yr old daughter to come with us anywhere made things very cramped. The wife is 5'9" and her knees were pretty much pinned to the dash with the seat forward enough to give my daughter space. Outside of that, the car was no less comfortable than my 5th gen was on similar trips with just the wife and I in it. The seats were great even though I don't have the stop bolt drilled out to increase the recline angle yet. Getting out of the car after some marathon driving to fill up, I didn't feel stiff and sore like I thought I might.

* Averaged about 27.2 mpg on the highway with an average speed of 71 mph with some WOT jaunts here and there to get around traffic or jackasses, or when the wife just pissed me off. Was in the 20 range around town, for the most part.

* Oil consumption was less than 1/4 of a quart (probably about 1/8th)

All in all, a really nice first big road trip in the SS across 9 states; MA, CT, RI, NY, PA, MD, WV, VA, TN. I usually make a road trip to MA for Father's Day weekend and on the way back I always seem to be passing through Carlisle during the Camaro or Chevrolet Nationals. Saw a ton of 5th gens and assorted Chevy's along the way, got some waves from a few and was tailing another 6th gen SS down 81S in VA for awhile.
Why would you drive your Camaro on a long distance trip
that demanded a vehicle with large cargo space and could seat 4 people comfortably?

I think Avis, Enterprise, or Alamo could have provided the right tool for the job. Additionally, lamenting over the scuffs and chips could have been completely avoided.

I appreciate you shared your long distance experience, but I think a nice rental car such as: Chrysler 300, dodge charger, challenger, hell...even a camary would do.
Krowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:30 AM   #3398
gpskinzhut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krowser View Post
Why would you drive your Camaro on a long distance trip
that demanded a vehicle with large cargo space and could seat 4 people comfortably?

I think Avis, Enterprise, or Alamo could have provided the right tool for the job. Additionally, lamenting over the scuffs and chips could have been completely avoided.

I appreciate you shared your long distance experience, but I think a nice rental car such as: Chrysler 300, dodge charger, challenger, hell...even a camary would do.
Nope it didn't demand it. Just the way it panned out. And the bigger question is, why WOULDN'T I take my Camaro? I've made the same trip more than a dozen times in my 5th gen in the last 4 years (as well as to TX, FL, etc). This was also an exercise in seeing how the car fit in this instance; in capacity, efficiency, comfort, performance, etc. My 2010 2LT was fine in the same situations for the most part. There's no reason to not want to run the SS through the same gauntlet. I also bring the cars to a Father's Day club meet so my 3rd gen group can see, touch, feel and check out the car along with family & friends who are also enthusiasts.

I rent when the weather in the northeast is suspect; typically after September through to late April, or if I'm actively shuttling more than 2. Having my daughter cramped into the back for a 15 minute run to a relative's house isn't a 'demand', but it was more confined than I'd anticipated for both.

Nobody likes scuffs, chips, or the like but they go hand in hand with actually DRIVING your car. I take very good care of it, but I USE it. I'm sure you noticed it was a simple side note and not a diatribe about bumper damage.

You don't have to agree with my experience, usage, or anything else, and really don't care if you do or don't. The critique is valid, however, like it or not. Regardless it's still my favorite and the most fun car I've owned/own to date and I love the car and the product to death, but doesn't make the notes any less relevant.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
Old 06-26-2017, 10:53 AM   #3399
Krowser

Drives: ZL1 Mosaic Black
Quote:
Nope it didn't demand it. Just the way it panned out. And the bigger question is, why WOULDN'T I take my Camaro? I've made the same trip more than a dozen times in my 5th gen in the last 4 years (as well as to TX, FL, etc). This was also an exercise in seeing how the car fit in this instance; in capacity, efficiency, comfort, performance, etc. My 2010 2LT was fine in the same situations for the most part. There's no reason to not want to run the SS through the same gauntlet. I also bring the cars to a Father's Day club meet so my 3rd gen group can see, touch, feel and check out the car along with family & friends who are also enthusiasts.

I rent when the weather in the northeast is suspect; typically after September through to late April, or if I'm actively shuttling more than 2. Having my daughter cramped into the back for a 15 minute run to a relative's house isn't a 'demand', but it was more confined than I'd anticipated for both.

Nobody likes scuffs, chips, or the like but they go hand in hand with actually DRIVING your car. I take very good care of it, but I USE it. I'm sure you noticed it was a simple side note and not a diatribe about bumper damage.

You don't have to agree with my experience, usage, or anything else, and really don't care if you do or don't. The critique is valid, however, like it or not. Regardless it's still my favorite and the most fun car I've owned/own to date and I love the car and the product to death, but doesn't make the notes any less relevant.
You sir, are a man that believes in "...if you buy it, drive it!". That's cool...I guess my utility for my SS is a bit more of a "weekend hobby".
Krowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:55 AM   #3400
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
[QUOTE=gpskinzhut;9790431]* The seats were great even though I don't have the stop bolt drilled out to increase the recline angle yet.

Nice write up. Just think what it would be like in my Vert. Is there a write up on how to increase the recline angle by drilling the stop bolt? I could use a little more recline.
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:59 AM   #3401
gpskinzhut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krowser View Post
You sir, are a man that believes in "...if you buy it, drive it!". That's cool...I guess my utility for my SS is a bit more of a "weekend hobby".
That's more so what my IROC is for, but even it has taken a back seat to taking out the SS now. The lack of A/C doesn't help, combined with the forehead-searing greenhouse effect of the T-tops on sunny days.

2017 ZL1 A10
Old 06-26-2017, 11:04 AM   #3402
gpskinzhut

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigss50 View Post
Quote:
* The seats were great even though I don't have the stop bolt drilled out to increase the recline angle yet.
Nice write up. Just think what it would be like in my Vert. Is there a write up on how to increase the recline angle by drilling the stop bolt? I could use a little more recline.
I don't know that there's a concise write-up but notes are in here.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=444769

2017 ZL1 A10