Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-04-2023, 09:00 AM   #309
shippingguy

Drives: 2024 Black ZL1, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwL_Wildcat View Post
There is one more allocation coming up on the 19th apparently. If it isn't picked up then it isn't going to happen. The odds are not good, but unless you need the cash I'd let it ride another 2 weeks.
There are allocations going out tomorrow, 10/12 and 10/19. So there are three more possibilities for Camaro Allocations.
Old 10-04-2023, 09:17 AM   #310
The Zebra

Drives: '24 ZL1 A10, '70 Olds 442 W-30
Quote:
Originally Posted by shippingguy View Post
There are allocations going out tomorrow, 10/12 and 10/19. So there are three more possibilities for Camaro Allocations.
And just a few days ago Chevrolet posted this promotional video on You Tube.

The Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 02:23 PM   #311
nismofreak

Drives: 2024 2SS 1LE
I've been a fan of the 1LE for a few years now. I've lurking this site for a while. I needed to be in the right financial position to pounce.

I ordered mine last Friday. This was from the only dealer that told me to come in and enter an order. The deposit is refundable until the status goes to 3000.

All other dealers either said they would call me back if they get an allocation or just flat out said they didn't have any coming in.

I'll see if any other dealers with allocations will call me back. (not really holding my breath)

Here's hoping that my dealership gets an allocation!

2024 2SS 1LE | 6MT | PDR | VOM
1100 - 9/29
9000 - 10/31
nismofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 03:06 PM   #312
JDCinBRL

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE
Maybe Soon!

24' ZL1 CE TPW 9/4 (Nothing since 9/14) Dealer was invoiced 9/29
The last updates are as follows:
9/12/23 4B00 Bayed
4200 Shipped/From LANSING MI-TRU
4300 Intermediate Delivery/Fron LANSING
9/13/23 4B00 Bayed
9/14/23 4B00 Bayed
JDCinBRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 04:55 AM   #313
Hekate1

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwcowboy View Post
I ordered a 2023 ZLE back in November from Classic and it never got picked up. When I had to reorder for 2024 I dropped the 1LE because I was afraid I’d never get one. The order was picked up soon after and is now being delivered. For whatever reason it appears the 1LEs are few and far between. If you have an allocation you might want to consider dropping the 1LE and getting one anyway. I suspect in a couple of years all 2024s are going to be worth more than what you paid or at the very least you will almost certainly recoup your cost.
I guess u probably figured out I ordered from Classic as well. The 1LE is a deal breaker for me. I’ve had a regular 2SS and currently driving a 1LE. I love it’s handling so much I’ll keep this one if I have too. She’s still beautiful and in great condition. Was just hoping for a last year model in black. Glad you’re getting ur car!
Hekate1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 05:28 AM   #314
dfwcowboy

Drives: 2024 ZL1 M6, 1969 Cessna Skylane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hekate1 View Post
I guess u probably figured out I ordered from Classic as well. The 1LE is a deal breaker for me. I’ve had a regular 2SS and currently driving a 1LE. I love it’s handling so much I’ll keep this one if I have too. She’s still beautiful and in great condition. Was just hoping for a last year model in black. Glad you’re getting ur car!
I can understand the reasoning. In my case my 2018 was totaled last November so I needed a replacement and ordered one within days. I would have preferred the 1LE, but after waiting 7 months with no end in sight it was starting to get too close to the cutoff for comfort and the dealer and others here confirmed the 1LE was the holdup.
dfwcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 06:39 AM   #315
Hekate1

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE
Quote:
I can understand the reasoning. In my case my 2018 was totaled last November so I needed a replacement and ordered one within days. I would have preferred the 1LE, but after waiting 7 months with no end in sight it was starting to get too close to the cutoff for comfort and the dealer and others here confirmed the 1LE was the holdup.
Sorry about ur totaled car! Hopefully u weren’t hurt and glad ur able to get a new one before it’s too late. I would have gone with a non 1LE if I was in that situation, too.
Hekate1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 08:36 AM   #316
dfwcowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hekate1 View Post
Sorry about ur totaled car! Hopefully u weren’t hurt and glad ur able to get a new one before it’s too late. I would have gone with a non 1LE if I was in that situation, too.

Not hurt. All the airbags deployed so the worst of it was it scared the **** out of me as there was almost no time to react. I was making a left turn and an oncoming car ran the red light. I'm pretty certain the guy was texting. Not only was his light red, but he passed a car in the next lane that was already stopped. No way you miss that unless your head is down. It was almost a blessing as I wanted to order another before they stopped making them and the insurance gave me only $3K less than what I'd paid for it 4 years before. The other thing is it gives me a lot of confidence in the design of the Camaro in regard to safety. The other thing is I had a dash cam so there was no question as far as who was at fault. The guy told the cops that his light was green. The car stopped at the red light stayed as a witness and the cops ticketed him, but had that not happened it would have been my word against his without a dash cam. The new one will have a dash cam installed first thing. I already have the radar detector/dash cam wiring harness ordered.
Attached Images

Old 10-05-2023, 08:47 AM   #317
paudea4

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS Convertible
Quote:
Not hurt. All the airbags deployed so the worst of it was it scared the **** out of me as there was almost no time to react. I was making a left turn and an oncoming car ran the red light. I'm pretty certain the guy was texting. Not only was his light red, but he passed a car in the next lane that was already stopped. No way you miss that unless your head is down. It was almost a blessing as I wanted to order another before they stopped making them and the insurance gave me only $3K less than what I'd paid for it 4 years before. The other thing is it gives me a lot of confidence in the design of the Camaro in regard to safety. The other thing is I had a dash cam so there was no question as far as who was at fault. The guy told the cops that his light was green. The car stopped at the red light stayed as a witness and the cops ticketed him, but had that not happened it would have been my word against his without a dash cam. The new one will have a dash cam installed first thing. I already have the radar detector/dash cam wiring harness ordered.

Yikes, glad you are okay. I almost got T-Boned by some teenagers this morning not paying attention in my 17 1SS.

On a brighter note my 2024 2SS was moved to 4300 Intermediate Delivery and Assigned to United Road. I called them and the ETA is October 11. Keeping my fingers crossed.
paudea4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 09:00 AM   #318
dfwcowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by paudea4 View Post
Yikes, glad you are okay. I almost got T-Boned by some teenagers this morning not paying attention in my 17 1SS.

On a brighter note my 2024 2SS was moved to 4300 Intermediate Delivery and Assigned to United Road. I called them and the ETA is October 11. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Great news. Mine is coming by train and I'm crossing my fingers and eyes that it won't be delayed.
Old 10-05-2023, 09:10 AM   #319
SwL_Wildcat

Drives: 2024 ZL1
Quote:
I had the same thing happen in 21. Waiting to turning left, light turns red, Chevy 1/2 ton slowing down, looks like he is going to stop. I start to clear the intersection in my 19 F350. For whatever reason he decides to run the light. Totalled off his pickup, I needed a wheel, a headlight, and an alignment. He told his insurance company he had a green, and I was 100% at fault. They called me wanting my insurance information as it was out of province, and the police report didn't have it. They were not aware of dash cam footage. They called my insurance company wanting my company to pay all the damages. I sent the footage to my insurance company. His company ended up paying the whole bill plus diminished value as the truck got flagged for being in an accident. He didn't have a collision so he didn't get anything. Without a dash camera I totally would have been found liable. The new car will definitely have a camera right away.
SwL_Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 09:36 AM   #320
JDCinBRL

Quote:
I had the same thing happen in 21. Waiting to turning left, light turns red, Chevy 1/2 ton slowing down, looks like he is going to stop. I start to clear the intersection in my 19 F350. For whatever reason he decides to run the light. Totalled off his pickup, I needed a wheel, a headlight, and an alignment. He told his insurance company he had a green, and I was 100% at fault. They called me wanting my insurance information as it was out of province, and the police report didn't have it. They were not aware of dash cam footage. They called my insurance company wanting my company to pay all the damages. I sent the footage to my insurance company. His company ended up paying the whole bill plus diminished value as the truck got flagged for being in an accident. He didn't have a collision so he didn't get anything. Without a dash camera I totally would have been found liable. The new car will definitely have a camera right away.
I'm assuming your still waiting on your car? I made a post further up thread on my ZL1 order with TPW 9/4. Car was bayed/shipped 9/12 and is in overflow on MLK Blvd Lansing. I'm set up with system to get a text when moved/updated. Nothing to date. Dealer was invoiced Friday 9/29. Any ideas or word on how long it takes for delivery once dealer is invoiced?
Old 10-05-2023, 09:58 AM   #321
JDCinBRL

Quote:
Not understanding why your CE package price is $17,995...

https://www.gerrylanechevrolet.com/d...FJ1R64R0106901
Old 10-05-2023, 10:03 AM   #322
JDCinBRL

Quote:
Ah, Canadian Market...