Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 04-11-2016, 03:31 PM   #281
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
WOW Axle-Back only for $2100?!?

Im out

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 03:31 PM   #282
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSloper View Post
Yeah it's a bit over the top for little to no gain.

Oh so $2100 for axleback? Thought it was a full NPP replacement. I'm far from a car expert tho... I do know I paid $1100 for Borla full non-NPP catback for my 5th gen.

Ya price point will bottleneck sales to only a small crowd.. The money coming out the rear crowd lol

Good for them though!
Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap
-Oracle ghosted LED sidemarkers
Adrian97c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 03:44 PM   #283
MAtRiX_757

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Ya, $2100 for an axleback? I'm out as well. I will wait and see what Flowmaster brings me.
MAtRiX_757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 03:45 PM   #284
Adrian97c

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtRiX_757 View Post
Ya, $2100 for an axleback? I'm out as well. I will wait and see what Flowmaster brings me.

Oh yes... Good point
Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
Old 04-11-2016, 03:57 PM   #285
MAtRiX_757

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn9cian805 View Post
You can if you want to, pulling the fuse will just keep the valves open at all times, which I do when I'm out and about usually, but when I'm back home and parked for the night, I just put the fuse back so my morning cold start doesn't annoy my neighbors, and then pull it again after its warmed up. only reason I go thru that extra effort is because I want the roar to stay consistant, even when cruising at highway speeds. the NPP software defaults to closed when at steady low throttle highway speeds.

but the NPP functionality is still awesome with the Borla ATAK, in tour/stealth you will keep quiet enough to not piss off any neighbors in the mornings, and when open.... ooooooh baby, does it roar!

Im sure it sounds great, but I can get an NPP equipped axleback exhaust from Stainless Works for $990, BORLA is going to have to at least be somewhere near a competitive price.
Old 04-11-2016, 04:04 PM   #286
Adrian97c

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtRiX_757 View Post
Im sure it sounds great, but I can get an NPP equipped axleback exhaust from Stainless Works for $990, BORLA is going to have to at least be somewhere near a competitive price.

$990 for an axleback is bit pricey, but at least it's not "fall out of your seat laughing" pricey.
Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
Old 04-11-2016, 04:48 PM   #287
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian97c View Post
$990 for an axleback is bit pricey, but at least it's not "fall out of your seat laughing" pricey.
Well Axle back NPP supporting system is a pretty good price point. SW's sounds pretty good too in Dual Mode. The non-dual mode SW system sounds odd to me.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 05:04 PM   #288
timmy8784
Drippin' Wet Auto Detail

I was actually anxiously awaiting this setup from Borla.....but I could never ever justify paying $2,100 for an AXLE BACK system (btw need to add $86 to ship to AZ to that price).

Seems like Borla got too greedy with this one.
timmy8784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 05:05 PM   #289
david borla

Drives: Ford GT
Hey, this is David Borla from Borla Exhaust.

Completely eliminating drone and incorporating NPP valves is what makes the first round of exhaust systems we released for the new Camaro so expensive.

For the next round we'll be releasing NO VALVE/NON-NPP 2 tip and 4 tip versions of our 3 different sound levels very soon and those exhaust systems will be less expensive than the exhaust systems we released with valves that retain NPP. These non-NPP exhaust systems DO NOT DRONE. In fact, we've completely eliminated drone from every system we've designed for the new Camaro thus far.

With that said, I'm curious to see how the Camaro community feels about drone and bi-modal/NPP/valved exhaust.

We felt it was important to eliminate drone and retain the NPP technology but if it turns out you guys are okay with drone and don't care about NPP we can release much less sophisticated exhaust systems, with old school technology at a much lower price.

We felt it was appropriate to start with parts that are on the leading edge technologically and work our way down from there.

I'd like to know how you guys feel about drone and bi-modal exhaust systems because those are the elements that increase the cost of these exhaust systems.

This is the first time we incorporated valved technology in a Camaro exhaust and it's also the first time we addressed drone in parts for Camaro. Maybe it's not as important to you guys as we thought?

If any of you want to continue this conversation with me directly, outside of this forum, please email me at davidb@borla.com.

Thanks for your feedback!
david borla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 05:23 PM   #290
brutusvk

Drives: future 2016 SS
I, for one, am interested in a great sounding exhaust, with good flow and the least amount of drone possible. So I am very interested in this system. I want to have a full stainless setup from the cat back. I hope to keep my car a long time so I am thinking the expense will be worth it long term. I assume the valves used will be better than GMs. I also assume that the bends are better. Any idea when the full cat back will be available for the automatic transmission? Any discounts available? Anything helps. lol

BTW, hadn't anyone checked the similar product for the stingray? It was inline pricewise. I guess I was the only one expecting it. lol
brutusvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 05:55 PM   #291
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
$2100 on top of the $900 NPP option = $3k axle back!!! Holy Cow.
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 06:01 PM   #292
MAtRiX_757

I'm curious then, what does the interior decibel level average for 60 MPH (track mode, ATAK)?
Old 04-11-2016, 06:02 PM   #293
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
Quote:
Originally Posted by david borla View Post
Hey, this is David Borla from Borla Exhaust.

Completely eliminating drone and incorporating NPP valves is what makes the first round of exhaust systems we released for the new Camaro so expensive.

For the next round we'll be releasing NO VALVE/NON-NPP 2 tip and 4 tip versions of our 3 different sound levels very soon and those exhaust systems will be less expensive than the exhaust systems we released with valves that retain NPP. These non-NPP exhaust systems DO NOT DRONE. In fact, we've completely eliminated drone from every system we've designed for the new Camaro thus far.

With that said, I'm curious to see how the Camaro community feels about drone and bi-modal/NPP/valved exhaust.

We felt it was important to eliminate drone and retain the NPP technology but if it turns out you guys are okay with drone and don't care about NPP we can release much less sophisticated exhaust systems, with old school technology at a much lower price.

We felt it was appropriate to start with parts that are on the leading edge technologically and work our way down from there.

I'd like to know how you guys feel about drone and bi-modal exhaust systems because those are the elements that increase the cost of these exhaust systems.

This is the first time we incorporated valved technology in a Camaro exhaust and it's also the first time we addressed drone in parts for Camaro. Maybe it's not as important to you guys as we thought?

If any of you want to continue this conversation with me directly, outside of this forum, please email me at davidb@borla.com.

Thanks for your feedback!
Sent you an email. Got this out of office message.

I'm away from my office until Monday, May 2nd. If you need to reach me immediately, please contact Lisa Carter at lisac@borla.com and she will alert me. Thank you.
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 06:26 PM   #294
Adrian97c

BORLA® Exhaust for the 2016 Camaro

Mr Borla,

No. We are not saying we want a cheaper product with Drone.

We want the same technology, same offering, at a MUCH LOWER cost.

We are not the "corvette" community, we are average joes here lol! Throw us a bone!

$1200 tops & you will have units flying off shelf!

From a Previous Borla system owner, I appreciate all that you do!

Let's fix that price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs

Last edited by Adrian97c; 04-11-2016 at 06:38 PM.

Tags
2016 camaro, borla, borla exhaust, borla performance industries, exhaust