Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 09-29-2023, 10:57 PM   #267
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Meh. From what I've been told(by folks that know), 500 miles is fine on the LT1/LT2s.
“Folks that know” is debatable at best. YouTubers and shade tree mechanics know everything, just ask them they’ll tell you they do.

Unless you know the engineers who designed this engine, the guys who have various real engineering degrees and know the math and physics in the heating and cooling, emissions, efficiency, and lubrication process of this exact engine and drew up the blueprints for it, then no, ya didn’t talk to anyone “that know”.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 07:33 AM   #268
Camby

Drives: 2023/2SS/1LE/RadiantRed/A10
That escalated fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-30-2023, 08:05 AM   #269
SwL_Wildcat

Drives: 2024 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumIce View Post
They can protect each other. Hoping it ships sooner then later. Arriving at a dealer that’s over 400 kms from my home. But worth the drive to pick it up.

I have just over 1200 Km to bring mine home, plus a 2 hour ferry ride, crossing the continental divide, which has already seen snow this month... I was going to get the car completely done in stealth PPF and drive it home but now I am reconsidering that being so late in the season. At this point I will either have to put it in storage in Calgary until spring if I can find a secure place, pay a transport company to bring it out, or find a suitable car hauler I can rent to pull behind my Freightliner to go get it.
SwL_Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 08:30 AM   #270
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraytz View Post
My riptide blue 2ss 1le with 6mt, bcd, red seat belts/knee pads and pdr has officially been built. Originally had a tpw of 10/2
I just found out this morning that my 2SS 1LE that started production 9/12 is still on the production floor but they take 1LEs off the line to finish the build. Not sure what parts require off line assembly but almost three weeks and still show 3800 vehicle produced status't. I follow the build threads closely and haven't seen any part shortages for 1LEs. Has your build moved off 3800 status?
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 09:45 AM   #271
PlatinumIce
WILD CANADIAN HEARTBEAT

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE RS, 2014 ZL1& 2024 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwL_Wildcat View Post
I have just over 1200 Km to bring mine home, plus a 2 hour ferry ride, crossing the continental divide, which has already seen snow this month... I was going to get the car completely done in stealth PPF and drive it home but now I am reconsidering that being so late in the season. At this point I will either have to put it in storage in Calgary until spring if I can find a secure place, pay a transport company to bring it out, or find a suitable car hauler I can rent to pull behind my Freightliner to go get it.
Oh you didn’t get it from your local dealer, definitely longer trip than me. I was born in Victoria so know the Island a little bit, wife lived in Campbell River for few yrs. I was going to trailer mine home in my enclose trailer. Not going to drive until splash guards are on, paint decontamination, then expel.
700/633 91Octane Street Tune=750/670 VP109 Race Tune TVS2300 Heartbeat SC,ADM Dual Fuel Pumps/ Module, BRM lowered 1", performance rotors, hawks pads, SS Braided lines, GT-14cam, 78mm pulley, AR LT Headers, Cat Deletes, Borla S catback, tinted, 1/LE emblems, 65lb Injectors, Elite catch can,dual valve springs, titanium retainers, super conductor wires and insulators, Robo Fab CAI, Oversize intercooler reservoir, Oracle ghost side markers, Black out Bowties & SS,ZL1 splash guards, Michelin PSS. Built and tuned by Davenport Motorsports (WILD1LE)
PlatinumIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 01:32 PM   #272
LeonardS

Drives: 1969 Z28,1992 Z28,1994 Z28,1999 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
I just found out this morning that my 2SS 1LE that started production 9/12 is still on the production floor but they take 1LEs off the line to finish the build. Not sure what parts require off line assembly but almost three weeks and still show 3800 vehicle produced status't. I follow the build threads closely and haven't seen any part shortages for 1LEs. Has your build moved off 3800 status?
They are taken to a separate location to have the hood wrap put on, but I believe that’s the only thing done offline on the 1LE’s.
94 Z28, Black, M6, 595 miles
92 Z28, last car built at Van Nuys Plant, Red, A4, 125 miles www.last1992camaro.com
69 Z28, Dusk Blue, M4
29 Ford Business Coupe
28 Ford Pickup
24 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB 4x4
22 Jeep Grand Cherokee
13 Ford F150 Crew Cab 4x4
LeonardS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 02:01 PM   #273
olrocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camby View Post
That escalated fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn’t mean anything to the poster I’m just tired of everyone claiming they know so much about a car just because they’ve worked on cars or raced cars or whatever.

The mfg advises the specific oil in the owners manual because that’s what the engineers have calculated through everything and thorough testing of this specific engine to determine in their professional calculations that it’s the proper oil for this motor.

Anyone who isn’t a drivetrain engineer on the Gen V LT engine series is just giving their opinion.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Old 09-30-2023, 02:48 PM   #274
Kamero6

Drives: 6th Gen LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by olrocker View Post
I didn’t mean anything to the poster I’m just tired of everyone claiming they know so much about a car just because they’ve worked on cars or raced cars or whatever.

The mfg advises the specific oil in the owners manual because that’s what the engineers have calculated through everything and thorough testing of this specific engine to determine in their professional calculations that it’s the proper oil for this motor.

Anyone who isn’t a drivetrain engineer on the Gen V LT engine series is just giving their opinion.
Kamero6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 06:34 PM   #275
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
“Folks that know” is debatable at best. YouTubers and shade tree mechanics know everything, just ask them they’ll tell you they do.

Unless you know the engineers who designed this engine, the guys who have various real engineering degrees and know the math and physics in the heating and cooling, emissions, efficiency, and lubrication process of this exact engine and drew up the blueprints for it, then no, ya didn’t talk to anyone “that know”.
Yep. Those are “folks that would know” that I was referring to. I’ve been in the game a long time and know people that know other people. You develop a lot of connections in this business over 20+ years. That’s all I’m gonna say.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 09:23 PM   #276
olrocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Yep. Those are “folks that would know” that I was referring to. I’ve been in the game a long time and know people that know other people. You develop a lot of connections in this business over 20+ years. That’s all I’m gonna say.
Well then just say that. I hate when people act all secretive about who or what they know.

You’ll understand my ire due to the world in which we live today I’m sure.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Old 10-01-2023, 08:14 PM   #277
dfwcowboy

Drives: 2024 ZL1 M6, 1969 Cessna Skylane
My ZL1 is finally in transit so today is a happy day. Had it on order since November and dropped the 1LE when the 2024 was reordered because I was afraid I’d never get one. I was on the fence about the 1LE anyway, so no big loss. This will be Camaro #5 for me.
dfwcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 09:06 PM   #278
The Zebra

Drives: '24 ZL1 A10, '70 Olds 442 W-30
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwcowboy View Post
My ZL1 is finally in transit so today is a happy day. Had it on order since November and dropped the 1LE when the 2024 was reordered because I was afraid I’d never get one. I was on the fence about the 1LE anyway, so no big loss. This will be Camaro #5 for me.
A happy day for sure! What options did you order on your ZL1? What was your TPW? Congrats
The Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 01:45 AM   #279
dfwcowboy

Drives: 2024 ZL1 M6, 1969 Cessna Skylane
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zebra View Post
A happy day for sure! What options did you order on your ZL1? What was your TPW? Congrats
9/18. Options are:
Performance data and video recorder
Visible carbon fiber weave hood insert
Carbon fiber instrument panel trim
Chevrolet Infotainment 3 Premium System with Navigation and 8" diagonal HD color touchscreen
Knee pads, Red
Embroidered center console lid with Chevrolet Performance logo
Red seat belt color
Carbon Fiber-style shift knob cap (manual)
Cargo net
6-speed manual transmission
dfwcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 06:47 AM   #280
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Well then just say that. I hate when people act all secretive about who or what they know.

You’ll understand my ire due to the world in which we live today I’m sure.
I'm not really concerned with what you do or don't hate.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote