Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 10-19-2019, 03:35 AM   #267
mitdr774

Drives: 2020 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
This is partly true, some warehouses are running out of some parts, no new parts are coming in.
Its been a week since the part was ordered. Since the UAW warehouse workers are on strike the salary employees apparently have been trying to process the orders and get them out. Given the much reduced number of employees and the fact that they dont normally perform that job, parts are slow to get out.
mitdr774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 09:17 AM   #268
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8TransAM View Post
It could be argued un American as well.

Kind of serves like a shining example of so much of what is wrong with the country today.

It's okay to screw everyone else as long as you get yours. Don't hope for the guys battling a corporation to get theirs(even when they gave up to help prior).

Perfectly acceptable to send your money overseas so they have jobs and the guys down the block don't. Makes a lot of sense.

I'm still willing to bet all the stunning and brave folks here could not work an assembly line for a year or turn wrenches and make a career out of it. Sounds like most have fallen right into the trap of I gotz a degree so I deserve to make more than you.
Ironic, how many non-union auto workers were affected by the strike? Way more than 50,000 union workers no doubt. Screw everyone else, I want mine, indeed.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 09:06 AM   #269
ZL1 affair

Drives: 1of 66 Orange Crush 2020 ZL1’s
Big day today, will see if these leeches had enough and get back to work> https://content-static.detroitnews.c...HkoAtRLUDJd_I4
Old 10-25-2019, 01:48 PM   #270
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzia35 View Post
Ironic, how many non-union auto workers were affected by the strike? Way more than 50,000 union workers no doubt. Screw everyone else, I want mine, indeed.

Maybe they wouldn't have that issue if they would stick together themselves......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 affair View Post
Big day today, will see if these leeches had enough and get back to work> https://content-static.detroitnews.c...HkoAtRLUDJd_I4

Must suck that hard working people are leeches when all they want is a fair path forward for all the workers there and to get back some of the things they gave up.

Might be time to do a poll here with union vs. non union and income........
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 02:06 PM   #271
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8TransAM View Post
It could be argued un American as well.

Kind of serves like a shining example of so much of what is wrong with the country today.

It's okay to screw everyone else as long as you get yours. Don't hope for the guys battling a corporation to get theirs(even when they gave up to help prior).

Perfectly acceptable to send your money overseas so they have jobs and the guys down the block don't. Makes a lot of sense.

I'm still willing to bet all the stunning and brave folks here could not work an assembly line for a year or turn wrenches and make a career out of it. Sounds like most have fallen right into the trap of I gotz a degree so I deserve to make more than you.
My opinion: To frame things as "battling a corporation" is a big part of the problem here. The employees should consider themselves as part of the corporation, not as something separate and apart from the corporation, and should work to make changes without resorting to extortion.

I can't stand unions. I have no beef with people who are forced to join one, but I think their time is past.

Oh, and I made a living spinning wrenches for a number of years and don't have a degree, but have still managed to do reasonably well for myself by working hard and adding value where I can. I happen to work in a factory currently, although not one that makes big metal things, and I am not on the floor, nor am I a manager.
Old 10-25-2019, 02:08 PM   #272
kevint

Drives: 2013 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
My opinion: To frame things as "battling a corporation" is a big part of the problem here. The employees should consider themselves as part of the corporation, not as something separate and apart from the corporation, and should work to make changes without resorting to extortion.

I can't stand unions. I have no beef with people who are forced to join one, but I think their time is past.

Oh, and I made a living spinning wrenches for a number of years and don't have a degree, but have still managed to do reasonably well for myself by working hard and adding value where I can. I happen to work in a factory currently, although not one that makes big metal things, and I am not on the floor, nor am I a manager.
It's like being stuck in traffic and not realizing that you're part of traffic.
kevint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 02:10 PM   #273
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint View Post
It's like being stuck in traffic and not realizing that you're part of traffic.
Old 10-25-2019, 02:23 PM   #274
L8Apex

Drives: 2016 2SS
Spot on 6sigma!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sigma View Post
Yeah, who cares about economics. Force artificially high labor costs through strikes and watch the jobs disappear. Why do you think GM, Ford, FCA are trying like hell to move production to Mexico? The UAW (and unions in general) are dinosaurs and will eventually go extinct. Iron shackles tied to the legs of American manufacturing.

What about the thousands of American workers in the supply chain that just got s**t on by the UAW? They are laid off or furloughed now, with no income, because the UAW brothers and sisters decided they want even more pay and benefits on top of their already highest paid status. These fellow Americans just want to go to work but lost their jobs because the UAW decided to stop working.

Why is the UAW picketing GM dealerships in Detroit? WTF do they have to do with this? They are trying to sell the product that pays for all these high wages and benefits that the UAW is demanding and the UAW decides to go s**t on their front porch. Great way to support your fellow Americans.

What about the 10 UAW leaders that are indited by the FBI for fraud and embezzlement, stealing millions from the very workers they represent? Woops got caught with their hand in the workers cookie jar. Looks like the us vs them attitude exists even within the union. Union leadership against the workers.

The UAW says f**k everyone else, I want mine and as much as I can get and I'm going to play the victim and wrap myself in the American flag and solidarity with union brothers and sisters fighting for a fair wage. And they are already the highest paid workers in the industry, but it's not enough. The UAW is strangling the golden goose, the very thing that is giving them their jobs and money, but they don't care because they want as much as they can get right now. F**k everyone else behind them or in later years - who cares about American manufacturing jobs - they clearly don't since they are willing to kill future jobs in exchange for more money and benefits for them right now.
L8Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 02:57 PM   #275
ZL1 affair

Drives: 1of 66 Orange Crush 2020 ZL1’s
This never gets old.
Old 10-25-2019, 03:35 PM   #276
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 affair View Post
This never gets old.

And yet the reality is, that is few and far between. My refinery has douchebags employed at it, so does your place of work.

I've known quite a few people and been in quite a few steel mills, assembly plants and on and on to know that is an exception not a rule.

It's almost like a lot of those here believe the BS they spew about being company men. To move forward their need to be growth in it for the corporations and the employees.
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 03:46 PM   #277
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Except you can get rid of them in non-union shops....
95 imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 06:11 PM   #278
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
And it's over.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu...40/4088234002/
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 10:41 PM   #279
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Drives: i want a camaro
I remember that !!!!! and they went back on the job through arbitration but nothing stuck I thought the assembly line was a drug/alcohol free work place
D.O.M.D1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 11:18 PM   #280
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Drives: i want a camaro
https://content-static.detroitnews.c...2019/index.htm

thank god its officially over but, only 57% voting "yes" with out that it would of gone to shit and it could of lasted maybe until 2020(or whatever) and for a fact lordstown and Detroit-Hamtramck were not gonna go down with a fight(because they are ground zero of the negotiations) and it was unnecessary for GM to lose over $2 billion in lost revenue and 6 weeks in productivity also the production pushback of C8 corvette and other things that were directly and indirectly affected due to the strike
D.O.M.D1 is offline   Reply With Quote