Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 06-23-2010, 09:00 AM   #15
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Not looking forward to mine! Should be here in a month or 2 - Sept '10 due date ;(
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:46 AM   #16
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
My renewal is due in August and is $630
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:51 AM   #17
Patriot

Drives: 2011 LS3/RS on order... ..
Vote with your feet and move to an American state.
Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:57 AM   #18
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Mine is about $65 in TX but we do pay an load on property taxes. I just recently found out how little people in CA pay for homeowner property tax.

Property tax around here is roughly 2.6%-3% of the homes value. So you can figure out how much in tax you would have to pay for your house if you were here.

They are going to get you one way or the other.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:58 AM   #19
MagsSS

Drives: 2SS RS Camaro
Thats why I moved to Texas. 65 bucks! woohoo
MagsSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:03 AM   #20
G10
GForce

Drives: 2010 Honolulu Blue 2LT M6
Fu(kin a. I just paid mine in sf yesterday...400 bucks. WHAT THE F?
G10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:45 AM   #21
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Yep, paid over $500 earlier this year for my TBSS. I want to say it was something like $530.00? Can't quite remember.

Notice for the Camaro is probably in the mail, or will be soon. I'm projecting it to be somewhere in the neighborhood of $450-$550.

Yea ya know they really do get you one way or another.

With the price of real estate being so high here, not too many people can afford to get into a house to get those benefits of low property taxes.

However in Texas where land is cheaper, and homes are generally cheaper, getting into a home is lot easier for most people.

California = car taxes

Texas = house taxes

Fact of life, they'll get ya somehow.
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:28 AM   #22
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
it's a $99 flat fee for all vehicles in IL. However, we have pretty high sales tax around Chicago...
Old 06-23-2010, 11:33 AM   #23
talwell

Drives: 1969 LS1 Camaro
Why is the renewal price so high in CA? For me registered in Florida the first year is about $200 more as they issue plates for the car. After this, it is just a normal renewal fee.
talwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:36 AM   #24
Tecca

Drives: ...
$515 here in Colorado, better than the last years $800 so I can live with the $515
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:49 AM   #25
Jimbabwe

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by talwell View Post
Why is the renewal price so high in CA? For me registered in Florida the first year is about $200 more as they issue plates for the car. After this, it is just a normal renewal fee.
Because we have roads with no pot holes, the roads never need to be repaired/rebuilt, and of course we have no traffic. Oh and we have a bridge in the bay (not the golden one) that we will soon have for sale.
Jimbabwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:30 PM   #26
Ron66Vette&10SS
Plays with Hot Wheels

Drives: '17 Jet Black ZL1
I paid over $600 for mine in Kansas. Next year my renewal will drop to "only" $584.

Gotta love it....not only does Kansas charge you Property Tax on your vehicles every year, but in addition to that and "Regular" Property Tax we also have a Sales Tax AND State Income Tax. God knows what they do with all the revenue here
Old 06-23-2010, 12:43 PM   #27
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
All the previous posters should feel lucky. I just got my registration in the mail the other day. Taxes, fees and all the other BS= $950.00 Yes, South Carolina sucks and the roads do to. The only good thing is that the sales tax and a new vehicle is $300.00 flat, but they make it up on property tax. To add insult to injury, my wife was following a Buick that ran over a tire thrown from an 18 wheeler. Tire flew up hit the top of the hood and kept going, right up the windshield and over the roof. Gonna lose the Camaro for at least 3 weeks. At least the wife is fine. The wife tried to stop the old lady but she just speed up and ran off. Got her plate, but the State Trooper said that there was nothing he could do about it. It's all on my insurance.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:53 PM   #28
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMickey View Post
All the previous posters should feel lucky. I just got my registration in the mail the other day. Taxes, fees and all the other BS= $950.00 Yes, South Carolina sucks and the roads do to. The only good thing is that the sales tax and a new vehicle is $300.00 flat, but they make it up on property tax. To add insult to injury, my wife was following a Buick that ran over a tire thrown from an 18 wheeler. Tire flew up hit the top of the hood and kept going, right up the windshield and over the roof. Gonna lose the Camaro for at least 3 weeks. At least the wife is fine. The wife tried to stop the old lady but she just speed up and ran off. Got her plate, but the State Trooper said that there was nothing he could do about it. It's all on my insurance.
DAMN! Sorry to hear ;( Glad the wife is ok though!
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote