Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-06-2022, 10:47 AM   #15
BluePhoenix

Drives: GMC Sierra AT4
I’d say Wild Cherry would be #1 if it wasn’t canceled in March, I’d say Vivid Orange or Rapid Blue.
Old 04-06-2022, 11:00 AM   #16
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist View Post
My favorite color is arctic blue. Only made in 2017 and some early 2018’s. May try and get my hands on one someday but it’s gonna need to be mint. I prefer the colors Dodge offers tbh.
Old 04-06-2022, 01:05 PM   #17
David Gordon

Drives: 2018 Grandsport Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
Read the "Constraints" thread and heed what they're saying isn't available (if you want to make sure you get your order in a timely manner). Satin Steel and Wild Cherry are no longer available (love my Wild Cherry) and thus you may want to wait to see what colors are replacing the two. Shadow Grey, Rapid Blue, and Orange appear to be the colors that aren't "run of the mill". I personally like my red accents (knee pads) as it breaks up the drab dark interior and gives it a sporty feel. I did without the "performance" armrest as I thought it looked a bit over the top (of course some say that about the kneepads). I didn't bother with the bright red seatbelts either. The Performance Data Recorder (PDR) was on backorder and I don't really mind not having it. The collision warning system that is retained (you lose it if you get the PDR) is a little annoying and if I could get the PDR I would if just to not have the collision warning system (I'm sure there's a way to disable it). If you can wait a few more weeks, your salesman will know what colors are replacing Satin Silver and Wild Cherry.

Another option would be to see if there is another dealership that has a car in their inventory (moonshot at best) and if your dealership and the other dealership can trade (give the dealership with the inventory your allocation in exchange).
There are few and far between A car in inventory is 5k over, if you can find one, used 2019's are selling for 69-75k, I ordered Orange as Red cars are not my fav, wife hates a bright red car. I ordered no moonroof as I feel they take away headroom.
David Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 01:10 PM   #18
David Gordon

Not sure where some of your colors are coming from, either discontinued or fantasy colors which we all have.

Satin steel is my first choice then River side blue, Then orange! There are 3-4 Riverside blue around here.
I ordered Orange, no moonroof, Nav, All the carbon fiber pieces available except wing as it is on backorder for a year. 71k MSRP
Old 04-06-2022, 01:12 PM   #19
David Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePhoenix View Post
I’d say Wild Cherry would be #1 if it wasn’t canceled in March, I’d say Vivid Orange or Rapid Blue.
I looked at Wild Cherry but it just seem blandish, I personally looked one over. Riverside blue is kinda risky. Kinda like Shock, nice to look at very hard to resale.
Old 04-06-2022, 01:13 PM   #20
David Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Vivid Orange gets my vote!
Thats what I went with! Thanks
Old 04-06-2022, 01:15 PM   #21
SATINSTEEL1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 21 ZL1
You cant get it anymore, but on my 21 I got Shock. Some say its shock yellow, some say its shock green, but I just call it shock@@ Lol.
Attached Images

SATINSTEEL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 09:16 PM   #22
David Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATINSTEEL1LE View Post
You cant get it anymore, but on my 21 I got Shock. Some say its shock yellow, some say its shock green, but I just call it shock@@ Lol.
I almost bought a 20 Shock Z, I looked up the vin and the car had been passed to 3 dealerships in over 100 days, listed on 158 sites. Car had no hits, was perfect and only had 2400 miles. It had the 1LE spoiler option. I talked to one of the salesmen and he said it gets lots drive bys, but I was the first serious looker.
I figured if it was this hard for a dealer to sell, I probably could not sell it if I got in a bind.
They started at 76k had it for 73k, I offered 70,500 cash, they denied it.
So i got opportunity to order a 22 model for 70k.
Old 04-06-2022, 10:24 PM   #23
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Black.

I've really like Rapid and that Orange, but I couldn't drive those cars. I'd look like a clown. I LOVE those colors though.

Black is the best.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 08:01 AM   #24
Xelor

Drives: 2022 ZL1
Vivid Orange is over.
Might possibly be the rarest color ever on a ZL1
Xelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 08:02 AM   #25
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: '23 CT5-V BW, '21 Corvette HTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlok View Post
If you aren't looking at the 'basic' colors of Red, Black or White...I think Satin Steel is awesome. Someone below just got a Rally Green Metallic but that was a one year only color...Also Wild Cherry is DONE for 2022, you can't get that...
My ‘21 GMC pickup is satin steel metallic. It’s a nice color and is somewhat low maintenance. Not as low maintenance as silver or white though.

I have a love/hate relationship with my mosiac black metallic ZL1. I love it right after a wash and hate it 15 minutes later because it needs washed again.
Old 04-07-2022, 08:34 AM   #26
FRANK121

Drives: 2022 Camaro ZL1
Hard to beat a clean Black on Black
Attached Images

Never been Dynoed
FRANK121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 09:29 AM   #27
David Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANK121 View Post
Hard to beat a clean Black on Black
Looks great!
Old 04-07-2022, 09:42 AM   #28
ckt227

Drives: CHEVROLET CORVETTE
My 2018 ZL1 was black. It was really a great looking car and was my second choice when I was looking for one. It's just a pain to keep clean. So my 2022 ZL1 I went with Red Hot. When I picked it up Monday, dealer had a used 22 ZL1 on the showroom floor. It was Satin Steel. Looks totally badass in person. If I had seen that prior to ordering I may have gone with that.
ckt227 is offline   Reply With Quote