Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-26-2022, 05:42 PM   #15
Gioss

Drives: 2022 camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
Based on this thread, sounds like you DO NOT want Magnaflow.
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=601662
Also, appears Corsa makes a kit which can utilize your NPP investment.
What if i change headers ? It gonna sound louder?
I want to keep npp because of my neighbors lol
Gioss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 05:43 PM   #16
Gioss

Drives: 2022 camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlukeSS View Post
Depends if you want a Sony or a Visio brand? There is a difference in price and both get the job done when tested side by side.

As far as Exhaust there are a lot of options.

Would I go for a Borla no, over priced imo. Would I go with Kooks, great quality but also pricey.

Just depends what you are doing and what your budget allows.

You can get away with cheaper brands that are just as good as the $1000-$2000 brands. Do your research.

If money isn't an issue find a good shop relative to where you are located and ask them. They often have packages of their own as well.

If you are a DIY'er then I yield the floor to everyone else.
I just spent 2k on hood and 1700 on wing so the money is no problem
What I’m looking for is the best sound quality and i want to keep nnp cuz of my neighbors
Gioss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 07:10 PM   #17
ALMN

Drives: 2SS 1LE M6, Palisade Calligraphy
I remember the days when axlebacks cost around $300-$400 and catbacks less than a grand. Now paying more than a grand for an axleback is ridiculous. My experience with the 2012 2ss/rs camaro was dumping the magnaflows and going with corsa sports. On my 2015 mustang gtpp, tried roush axlebacks, then borla type s catbacks. So far, the best i remember was Corsa. Had no drone and awesome popping sounds. I will most likely go with Corsa if i have to swap the exhaust system, however, the new extremes sound so raspy and not even sure Corsa still has the sports for the camaro. Next favorite would be Borla type s.
ALMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 10:06 AM   #18
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gioss View Post
What I’m looking for is the best sound quality and i want to keep nnp cuz of my neighbors
I am partial to MBRP myself with the resonators.

I have 2" Speed Engineering LT headers (cat delete), 3" Speed Engineering X-Pipe into stock exhaust. I'm looking to do MBRP Axle back soon. I however do not have NPP and on a cold start the car is loud but within 1-2 minutes it quiets down almost to the point you can't hear it. Its only when I get on the pedal it gets loud.

So I wanted to drop muffler weight and decided on MBRP with the resonators. I imagine it will still be loud but give it more of a grumble rather than a rural area twang sound. That said the MBRP with resonators have a positive reputation for eliminating drone inside the car. I don't have a huge drone problem in fact its barely noticeable. only time I notice it is cruising at 70-80mph and even then I have to focus to hear it.

Quote:
My warm start to give you an idea: (No MBRP Axle back yet)

Last edited by FlukeSS; 01-27-2022 at 10:19 AM.
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 10:37 AM   #19
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Quote:
Just get a Corsa NPP or Borla NPP exhaust then. Cold starts will still be loud, unless you manually preset the exhaust to stealth mode every time, so do them with the garage door still closed (or pre-negotiate with your rich Jersey neighbors ).

If you also add long tube headers, your cold starts will shake the walls and wake the dead. Consider well if you want to go there, especially if you have an HOA to deal with. (I was blessed with a non-HOA neighborhood while I lived in North Jersey, but between me and my neighbor with his modded up 5th gen, noise level was pretty noticeable, to put it mildly.)

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote