Drives: '17 ZL1 M6
100% with the big blower comments being better all around

However, many prefer the "sleeper" status of the OE 1.7 for that reason alone
Old 06-14-2021, 12:24 PM   #16
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
Agreed, basically what I was stating in my previous post. Unless you're just trying to set a record with a stock size blower, in the end, you'll have to upgrade to an aftermarket blower anyway. The only real perk I see from this is if you can get a decent amount of power while retaining a less aggressive pulley setup.
No I won’t. If you don’t know my goals and my plan you have no clue what I’ll need. See my post above for reference.
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 12:28 PM   #17
CW3SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickspeedkuwait View Post
100% with the big blower comments being better all around

However, many prefer the "sleeper" status of the OE 1.7 for that reason alone
That’s not the argument that’s happening here. Anyone can throw $10knat a big blower and make power. What’s stupid is dropping that $10k to make 700whp when you can make 700whp for far less on the stock blower.
Old 06-14-2021, 12:31 PM   #18
CW3SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Maybe more clarification on the front-end would help with weeding-out what parts of this topic you aren't interested in.
Yeah I guess I should have asked if anyone has done the stage X porting by KONG. Maybe I should list my mods and planned mods in my signature too. Maybe that would help.
Old 06-14-2021, 12:33 PM   #19
Sickspeedkuwait

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW3SF View Post
That’s not the argument that’s happening here. Anyone can throw $10knat a big blower and make power. What’s stupid is dropping that $10k to make 700whp when you can make 700whp for far less on the stock blower.
Yes and it depends on your end goal..

Can't argue against that

For me a ported blower has been more than enough until now (power wise). Better cooling may make me jump on a maggie later down the road NOT more power
Old 06-14-2021, 12:36 PM   #20
Camaro1973

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Lol bud, now your just being silly. If you or people want to get their stock blower ported then do be it. However this is a forum and people will debate and state their opinions. Calling people stupid for making a general factual statement is childish.

My post along with others was a simple general statement. You asked about the new kong port and people gave their opinions which apparently you don’t seem to like.

My post was referring to the simple fact to get the high amount of power they are are advertising (efficiently) your going to end up spending a lot of money on extra mods to keep the blower cool. Plus you never listed your goals or what you plan on doing to begin with.

LME 377 LT4 Short Block | Magnuson 2650 80mm upper w/13% lower (9.06) | DSX Lid & Valve Covers | CSP Custom Cam w/32% fuel lobe | CID Heads | NW 103mm TB | Roto Fab Big Gulp | CSP 2" Headers w/Green GESI Gen 2 Cats | Borla 3" Full Cat Back w/ S-Type| Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can| Custom Holley Low side Fuel system| TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Holley Controller | Forced Inductions Interchiller w/2 gallon fender tank | TK Performance built 10L90
Camaro1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 12:36 PM   #21
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
No I won’t. If you don’t know my goals and my plan you have no clue what I’ll need. See my post above for reference.
What?
Z OH 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 12:38 PM   #22
Z OH 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickspeedkuwait View Post
Yes and it depends on your end goal..

Can't argue against that

For me a ported blower has been more than enough until now (power wise). Better cooling may make me jump on a maggie later down the road NOT more power
Better cooling goes hand in hand with more power. As temps rise, you LOSE power.
Old 06-14-2021, 12:42 PM   #23
Sickspeedkuwait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
Better cooling goes hand in hand with more power. As temps rise, you LOSE power.
Of course it will

Was trying to simply things
Old 06-14-2021, 12:43 PM   #24
CW3SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro1973 View Post
Lol bud, now your just being silly. If you or people want to get their stock blower ported then do be it. However this is a forum and people will debate and state their opinions. Calling people stupid for making a general factual statement is childish.

My post along with others was a simple general statement. You asked about the new kong port and people gave their opinions which apparently you don’t seem to like.

My post was referring to the simple fact to get the high amount of power they are are advertising (efficiently) your going to end up spending a lot of money on extra mods to keep the blower cool. Plus you never listed your goals or what you plan on doing to begin with.
You are the one who threw the first comment out about people’s mod choices being “stupid”. All the while you added a bunch of imaginary mods to my mod list which is clearly visible in my sig. Go back are re-read your post.

I had no issue with anyone’s opinions on Kong porting. I asked for and welcomed those responses. I took issue with calling people stupid and off topic response.
Old 06-14-2021, 12:53 PM   #25
Z OH 6

Quote:
I never said anything about methanol or an “inner chiller”. Read my mod list again and tell me where I said that. I said ethanol as in E85. And no I won’t spend anywhere near as much as a blower. If I buy the bigger blower I’d still need or want all of my other mods including the upgraded exchanger. My goals are 700whp on the stock blower, stock pulleys and running cooler. I don’t need a 2650 to achieve my goals. Period.

The only stupid here is someone else trying to tell me how I want to mod or spend my money.
Do you realize that using ethanol doesn't make your supercharger run cooler? Methanol can. Ethanol does reduce cylinder temps though which is a nice benefit. You are correct that you don't need a 2650 to achieve your goals and I don't think anyone stated otherwise. I do think you'll need a slightly more aggressive pulley setup but I'd love for you to prove me wrong on that.
Old 06-14-2021, 12:54 PM   #26
Camaro1973

Quote:
You are the one who threw the first comment out about people’s mod choices being “stupid”. All the while you added a bunch of imaginary mods to my mod list which is clearly visible in my sig. Go back are re-read your post.

I had no issue with anyone’s opinions on Kong porting. I asked for and welcomed those responses. I took issue with calling people stupid and off topic response.
Lol, holy keyboard commando. Read what I wrote. Also , your HP goals are not in your signature, so no one knows if you want to make 700 or 900 rwhp. Stop being so butt hurt when people provide opinions.

And yes. I do find it stupid to spend the same amount of money adding meth (great way to blow up Your car, and more stuff to Break plus the thousands in cooling). And this was a general statement, had nothing to do with you specifically. I was basically responding to their advertisement of 1khp.

And this is my opinion and I’m not going to get defensive such as yourself if people say otherwise.

LME 377 LT4 Short Block | Magnuson 2650 80mm upper w/13% lower (9.06) | DSX Lid & Valve Covers | CSP Custom Cam w/32% fuel lobe | CID Heads | NW 103mm TB | Roto Fab Big Gulp | CSP 2" Headers w/Green GESI Gen 2 Cats | Borla 3" Full Cat Back w/ S-Type| Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can| Custom Holley Low side Fuel system| TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Holley Controller | Forced Inductions Interchiller w/2 gallon fender tank | TK Performance built 10L90
Old 06-14-2021, 12:57 PM   #27
CW3SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro1973 View Post
Lol, holy keyboard commando. Read what I wrote. Also , your HP goals are not in your signature, so no one knows if you want to make 700 or 900 rwhp. Stop being so butt hurt when people provide opinions.

And yes. I do find it stupid to spend the same amount of money adding meth (great way to blow up Your car, and more stuff to Break plus the thousands in cooling). And this was a general statement, had nothing to do with you specifically.

And this is my opinion and I’m not going to get defensive such as yourself if people say otherwise.
Who said anything about adding meth? You were the first to bring it up in this thread.
Old 06-14-2021, 01:02 PM   #28
Camaro1973

Quote:
Who said anything about adding meth? You were the first to bring it up in this thread.
How do you think they are getting the hp they advertise????

You asked about the kong port and and copied and pasted the entire thing along with 1k hp. It’s also right in the rpm video they are adding meth for the power as well.

Maybe you should make your post a little more specific on what you want to do instead of asking about the new kong port because I gave you my exact opinion on your post.