Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-02-2021, 07:16 PM   #15
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CW3SF View Post
I love jumping on Tesla’s. They think no one can hang with them. A dual motor 3 recently learned differently.
One was at our local airport run. It was 3-4mph behind me.

Walking around the pits I went by where he was at and overheard him talking to his buddy, he was panicking where he could recharge before his trip home. Apparently between the trip there & making runs he had almost no juice in his batteries left. Dumb ass. Should have brought a generator with him.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 08:17 AM   #16
MoreSpeed

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue A10 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
He & his family came to visit. About mid-day we needed to make a run to the grocery store. Well, he’d never been in a ZL1, or anything remotely like it, so that led to a country road excursion. Got on it a few times & he could not believe the acceleration. Then we hit some twisties where at one point he says “I’m starting to get a little woozy...” That was only after three good corners

Hanging out on the deck later he said I should have taken his oldest daughter, my God-Daughter, for a ride. We were putting a few back by that point so it’s a next time thing.
A friend asked me to take his friend for a run at Canan racetrack in NH in the ZL1. The poor guy was closing his eyes halfway through and had to lay down after. He was queasy for most of the rest of the day. I am sure he never experienced being on the edge at speed. Kind of looks slow from the stands. Chevy did a great job with these cars.

Sold 2010 997 GT3, 2016 WRX, 2006 997 C2S, 2003 996 C4S, 2001 Boxster S, 1997 E420 AMG
etc..
MoreSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 09:37 AM   #17
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trak-Toy View Post
These ZL1’s are so damned fast now it’s mind bending. The only ‘issue’ I have with them is they are so well engineered that they hide that speed very well. 130 mph is super easy in these cars and feels like 80 mph in any other car. 80 mph and the car is simply yawning.. they have lost some of the drama and visceral feel until you get up to ludicrous speeds.
I agree here, my ZL1 is modified so I see this even more. When I'm full throttle, I can feel the G-Force but at part throttle, its still so quick, I can go from 40 to 80 and feels like I'm barely moving. The chassis is so planted and stable that it just begs for more.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 10:43 AM   #18
ZLE dude

Drives: '18 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
It ran mid-10’s on pump, high 9’s on 110.

With your mods I bet that came hella quick.

Add: We may have seen 130 after a fast winder that had a down then up-hill crest.
It sure did! Had a tank of E50 at the time too so that always helps!
2018 ZL1 1LE - Summit White, PDR, Rotofab CAI, 95mm TB, CSP 2" catless LT's, JMS Voltage Booster, AEM X-series WB, DSX flex fuel sensor, Banks Data Monster, Tuned by Ted Jannetty, 5% Tint, Blackvue DR900S-2CH, Diode Dynamics lighting, IGL Kenzo ceramic coating
ZLE dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 07:29 PM   #19
dbs1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
The old 67 Camaro had a best of 9.8@138... with 12.5" full on slicks, but with traction I'm thinking my current 17 ain't that far behind...a musturd would be...��
dbs1 is offline   Reply With Quote