#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 03-25-2021, 10:45 AM   #15
ZLE dude

Drives: '18 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Nothing confusing about that. A JMS booster will normally provide more fuel then the stock High side pump. I have seen it several times. Low side drops first...add JMS then HPFP is the next weak link. Add a 38% lobe cam or LPE HPFP, then the Injectors the last weak link.

The most E content I was able to run on a C7Z that had ported blower, 2.3 pulley, 95mm tb, headers, LPE hpfp, and JMS low side was E60.

Same C7Z did Heads/Cam 32% lobe, Maggie 2300, +30 injectors, and the low side would just squeak by on E60 with 14.5psi...high side was solid.

Now the C7Z has Maggie 2650 and Cordes low side. Boost is @ 16psi and we are getting ready to start data logging. I will be updating thread in the FI section once I get some data.
Gotcha. Makes sense. If I go any further with power a 2650/cam would be next to try and get into the 800+whp range. No E at that point though, just 93.
2018 ZL1 1LE - Summit White, PDR, Rotofab CAI, 95mm TB, CSP 2" catless LT's, JMS Voltage Booster, AEM X-series WB, DSX flex fuel sensor, Banks Data Monster, Tuned by Ted Jannetty, 5% Tint, Blackvue DR900S-2CH, Diode Dynamics lighting, IGL Kenzo ceramic coating
ZLE dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 01:16 PM   #16
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7LitreC5 View Post
Max ethanol content for you is going to be different than most of the others here because of your altitude. You make less power so you can run more E%. I would recommend that you get a gauge (Banks will do it) or buy HPT so that you can monitor the low side fuel pressure and ethanol content.

I am running a Magnuson 2300 with 80mm pulley, NW 103mm tb, and a Roto-Fab Big Gulp. At my altitude, I see 11.5 psi of boost. I am running E85 out of the pump from Kum and Go which actually 66% ethanol. My low side is dropping on a long pull. I will be fixing that with a JMS.

If I were near sea level there is no way that I could run E66 with my mods.
Good point on the altitude. I have HPT and a Bluetooth ethanol analyzer. I need to learn to read the HPT logs and monitor what’s happening.
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote