Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-12-2021, 09:23 AM   #15
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
You will be there forever with the cigarette lighter pumps. Get a clip on. But AAA is the best option IMHO.
Agree you do not want a lighter powered compressor when you are pissed-off that you got a flat. Will only add to the frustration.

What will AAA do when there is no spare, and do you trust them to tow the car?
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 09:30 AM   #16
Warrior102

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Black
Most all wheel lock and keyed lugs come with a code sticker you should stick on the truck or glove box in case you lose it, look there.
Warrior102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 10:05 AM   #17
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
Agree you do not want a lighter powered compressor when you are pissed-off that you got a flat. Will only add to the frustration.

What will AAA do when there is no spare, and do you trust them to tow the car?
Car can't be towed - has to be transported on a flatbed. AAA won't do anything as their only remedy is to install your spare or take your tire to get it repaired (maybe).
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 10:07 AM   #18
funked1

Drives: '23 Hyundai Kona N, '24 VW GTI
You put your weed in there.
funked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 11:08 AM   #19
Arizona_Droptop

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
At this point, I think the dealer is basically ignoring me lol.

That being said, I am 99.99% sure the previous owner of my camaro is a guy on this forum. However, he appears to have stopped posting here after he sold it.

Ruebernard, answer me lol!

I mean, look at this car:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...php?p=10763765

His profile says he lives in Oro Valley, which is like 5 minutes from the dealer I got my camaro in Tucson.

Side note guys, I have basically stalked everyone here looking to see if I can find the previous owner hahah

Top picture, other dude's. Bottom, mine. Same exact year + options.
Attached Images

Arizona_Droptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 11:24 AM   #20
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
There was another thread about this couple of years ago, or even longer. IIRC #2 is for the optional C-Tek battery tender

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 11:30 AM   #21
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona_Droptop View Post
I also do not have the key to the lug nuts. No idea how the hell I am supposed to get the tires off.
Do a youtube search. There is basically a way to hammer on an impact socket and it will grab the keyed lug nut enough for you to get it off. Not the most elegant or graceful solution, but cheap!
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 11:39 AM   #22
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:

That being said, I am 99.99% sure the previous owner of my camaro is a guy on this forum. However, he appears to have stopped posting here after he sold it.

His profile says he lives in Oro Valley, which is like 5 minutes from the dealer I got my camaro in Tucson.

Side note guys, I have basically stalked everyone here looking to see if I can find the previous owner hahah

Have you PM's him here? He may have set his acct here so that he gets an email whenever he gets a PM. I do.

BTW, nice vert!
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 11:45 AM   #23
Arizona_Droptop

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP2SS View Post
Have you PM's him here? He may have set his acct here so that he gets an email whenever he gets a PM. I do.

BTW, nice vert!
Thank you! And yes I have PM'ed him. A few times. I don't think he has an email forwarding system set up, and I don't think he is very active. Or perhaps, he thinks I am a crazy stalker and is too terrified to respond lol.
Old 03-12-2021, 11:59 AM   #24
NotFast

Drives: 2021 LT1
I bought a Mazda many years ago with lock nuts (but no key). I went to my local dealer and they removed them with theirs. They did not charge me, but I told them I was going to buy 4 replacement nuts beforehand.
NotFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 12:09 PM   #25
Arizona_Droptop

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFast View Post
I bought a Mazda many years ago with lock nuts (but no key). I went to my local dealer and they removed them with theirs. They did not charge me, but I told them I was going to buy 4 replacement nuts beforehand.
That's a great idea. I will give my local dealer a call (which is not the same as the dealer I bought it from).

Hopefully they will be accommodating.
Old 03-12-2021, 12:17 PM   #26
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:

I don't believe you would be able to tell this unless you have the original build sheet or window sticker... But... In looking at @ruebernard's profile pic and comparing to pics of the car, it appears that he added the hash mark and it was not factory ordered that way. It also appears the he had a Sto-N-Show plate bracket on the front end based on a pic he posted. Have you checked the underside of the front bumper to see if that is still there or there is evidence of a bracket having been installed?

It also appears that he moved from IL to AZ, so the original purchase / registration that should be able to see from a Carfax should show IL as the original location.

Based on other posts, it seems he may well have swapped out the tail lights to blackout ones.

He was last active on the forum about a month ago (based on last posting).
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 12:31 PM   #27
Arizona_Droptop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
I don't believe you would be able to tell this unless you have the original build sheet or window sticker... But... In looking at @ruebernard's profile pic and comparing to pics of the car, it appears that he added the hash mark and it was not factory ordered that way. It also appears the he had a Sto-N-Show plate bracket on the front end based on a pic he posted. Have you checked the underside of the front bumper to see if that is still there or there is evidence of a bracket having been installed?

It also appears that he moved from IL to AZ, so the original purchase / registration that should be able to see from a Carfax should show IL as the original location.

Based on other posts, it seems he may well have swapped out the tail lights to blackout ones.

He was last active on the forum about a month ago (based on last posting).
I see your investigation skills vastly exceed mine. I think I should just move on from finding the original owner or key, and just call the nearest chevy dealer and see if they can swap out the locks for me.
Old 03-12-2021, 01:28 PM   #28
robertd33

Drives: 2018 2ss redline
Quote:
should the dealer provide this tire inflation kit even if the car is used?
no, they are not required at all to do so.

for the lock nuts, i had the same issue.
i finally called McGard (the manufacturer) and asked what to do.
they can tell you what locations have a master set of keys. there were only 4 in my state (MO). there are many different patterns (random choice) available, so there's no way to tell which you have installed.

most tire shops will be able to get them off with a nut extractor, but the lock nut will be damaged in the process.
robertd33 is offline   Reply With Quote