Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-18-2020, 01:31 PM   #15
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcmahan60 View Post
I commute almost 100 miles a day in my 1SS without MRC and have no complaints. I am 54 and the ride has never bothered me
Agree. Have a 1SS, no MRC. No complaints whatsoever with ride quality. Comfortable as far as I’m concerned
Staves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 02:40 PM   #16
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
With all the complaints lately about the GEN6 Camaros ride quality I can only surmise that non-MRC cars ride like chit. That or either people buying them are use to German luxury.

My SS 1LE rides like a Cadillac compared to my Lightning, 03 Cobra, 02 SS, and other muscle cars I've owned over the years, and in some situations even better than my wifes 2013 Taurus SEL. I keep it in track mod and never find it harsh or overly punishing even on poor roads. IDK my last DD was my 02 SS with BMR springs and Koni SA's set at 6 sweeps up front and about 3/4 turn on the back. You want to talk about a stiff ride it was 2x's more punishing than my 19 SS, but I even found it to be liveable as a DD. IDK.
The ride and handling of the 6th gen (with and without MRC) has been universally praised by auto journalists. My SS has the base suspension and I consider it downright comfortable with good damping characteristics - overall just a well sorted out chassis as the magazine editors had indicated.

I have no idea why two threads popped up recently indicating the 6th gen suspension is "harsh."

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 02:40 PM   #17
Mark_M

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
I have the stock goodyear run flats on and its a stiff ride but I'm coming from a Lexus to the Camaro and that would be definitely to be expected so I understand that.
I am coming up to a tire change soon car has 26k miles on it right now. What tire do you recommend to replace the OEM tires without burning a hole in the pocket. I don't want Chinese or Korean cheap but something reliable and reasonably priced. Any info would be greatly appreciated . Thanks in advance you guys are such a great forum.
Mark_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 02:54 PM   #18
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
I just took my 1SS 1LE for a little exercise down some nice, deserted, and curvy but pretty rough country roads that beat me to death - but the runflats never lost traction and the car never missed a beat in Sport Mode. (Track Mode wouldn’t be an improvement on these roads.) I also had the sound meter on, which showed an average of 105dB, which is close to jet take-off territory and means that the peaks were in damage-your-ears territory. An hour later, my ears are still ringing.

I thing I’ll go do it again...
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 04:20 PM   #19
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50MileSmile View Post
I just took my 1SS 1LE for a little exercise down some nice, deserted, and curvy but pretty rough country roads that beat me to death - but the runflats never lost traction and the car never missed a beat in Sport Mode. (Track Mode wouldn’t be an improvement on these roads.) I also had the sound meter on, which showed an average of 105dB, which is close to jet take-off territory and means that the peaks were in damage-your-ears territory. An hour later, my ears are still ringing.

I thing I’ll go do it again...
If you have a SS 1LE, your car doesn't have runflats from the factory. Did you add them later?

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 04:49 PM   #20
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
If you have a SS 1LE, your car doesn't have runflats from the factory. Did you add them later?
Sort of. My 1LE has spent its first two winters in the garage, but I may need to drive the car during cold weather this year (not snow or ice). So, I was trying a set of runflats borrowed from a friend. I hated them, as I’ve hated all runflat tires, except the Bridgestone Blizzaks I had on my MINI JCW.
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 06:44 PM   #21
Tazcatxena1!

Drives: camaro 50generation
hard ride

:I was a mechanic for over 30 years and I have heard that so much.You buy a sport car what do you expect????
Tazcatxena1! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 12:34 PM   #22
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
With all the complaints lately about the GEN6 Camaros ride quality I can only surmise that non-MRC cars ride like chit. That or either people buying them are use to German luxury.

My SS 1LE rides like a Cadillac compared to my Lightning, 03 Cobra, 02 SS, and other muscle cars I've owned over the years, and in some situations even better than my wifes 2013 Taurus SEL. I keep it in track mod and never find it harsh or overly punishing even on poor roads. IDK my last DD was my 02 SS with BMR springs and Koni SA's set at 6 sweeps up front and about 3/4 turn on the back. You want to talk about a stiff ride it was 2x's more punishing than my 19 SS, but I even found it to be liveable as a DD. IDK.
It depends on where you came from. For some this is their first performance car. I find my LT1 suspension kind of silky and only uncomfortable on a bumpy road. But I appreciate more the great handling. I do not miss MRC at all. I had it on my last 3 Camaros.
Old 08-19-2020, 05:24 PM   #23
Jaystroh

Drives: Camaro RS 2LT
Yea I’m pretty much good with it and if you read my original post I mentioned that the passengers were the ones commenting. Just was looking for general thoughts. I don’t necessarily think the ride is rough per say but more stiff sounding/clunky. That might be the reason my passengers are saying something because I agree this car does have some rattles and the suspension (because stiff) is a little noisy. Anyway thanks for the comments. I’m still convinced my 1996 ws6 trans am was a smoother ride than this car (with lowering springs and 35 series tires) but that’s just my option lol! Either way I’m good with the ride just not my passengers ha! They all drive Toyota’s and Volvo’s soooooo
Jaystroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 05:40 PM   #24
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaystroh View Post
Yea I’m pretty much good with it and if you read my original post I mentioned that the passengers were the ones commenting. Just was looking for general thoughts. I don’t necessarily think the ride is rough per say but more stiff sounding/clunky. That might be the reason my passengers are saying something because I agree this car does have some rattles and the suspension (because stiff) is a little noisy. Anyway thanks for the comments. I’m still convinced my 1996 ws6 trans am was a smoother ride than this car (with lowering springs and 35 series tires) but that’s just my option lol! Either way I’m good with the ride just not my passengers ha! They all drive Toyota’s and Volvo’s soooooo
Sit 'em down on the curb and go for a ride for 20 minutes. Come back and pick them up and go for another ride for 20 minutes. Ask them which one was more comfortable then tell them to STFU. lol
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 06:51 PM   #25
Jaystroh

Drives: Camaro RS 2LT
Best answer by far!!!!! People (myself included for a short period) are to comfortable with Minivans and crossovers so I guess I can’t hold it against them. Eventually there won’t be any performance cars left and that will be a sad time! Of course we can all still look forward to Honda’s and Subaru’s revving around!!!!!
Jaystroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 07:46 PM   #26
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Sit 'em down on the curb and go for a ride for 20 minutes. Come back and pick them up and go for another ride for 20 minutes. Ask them which one was more comfortable then tell them to STFU. lol
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 08:36 PM   #27
CoeusAscended

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazcatxena1! View Post
:I was a mechanic for over 30 years and I have heard that so much.You buy a sport car what do you expect????
Yeah this is what I'm saying, overall for a sports car (or pony car, for the easily offended) it has a very nice ride quality, but yeah, it's a performance oriented car, not a GT, it comes with the territory. Alternatively, I dont like the suspension set on touring at all, unless its just highway cruising, it makes the car feel sluggish and unresponsive compared to sport, or even better, track.
CoeusAscended is offline   Reply With Quote